PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Antonio Brown suspended for lying about vaccination status

Because the studies that established the lower transmission rate had not been published at that time. They have been now. Would you prefer they guess, or make stuff up? The data is the data.
The case was this week. (11/29/21 or 5 days ago to be exact)You have been making this argument for months. When was the study you consider irrefutable proof published?

Last edited:
Harvard study published 3 days ago. References prior studies with similar results

But unvaccinated people are many times more likely to infect someone else than a fully vaccinated person.
Really? I don't believe that at all. Do you have a source? Going by my personal limited observations I've seen a couple of vaccinated people get the virus from other vaccinated people. The difference has been in the lack of severity of the symptoms, not in the ability to spread the virus.

Really? I don't believe that at all. Do you have a source? Going by my personal limited observations I've seen a couple of vaccinated people get the virus from other vaccinated people. The difference has been in the lack of severity of the symptoms, not in the ability to spread the virus.
The reason you're more likely to get infected by unvaccinated people is that vaccinated people aren't infectious for as long. I dont know the timeline but it's simply a guy infectious for 2 weeks is more likely to spread it to more people than someone infectious for one only week. Anyway that's what I've seen doctors say about it.

The Bucs cutting AB for this would be equally as disastrous for them as BB benching Malcolm Butler in the Super Bowl was for us and that’s a very high bar to reach. I really do not believe they are seriously considering such a thing no matter what Florio’s “league source” says.

You try and get the GOAT his 8th ring by any means necessary. AB gives the Bucs the best chance for that to happen. If you want to send a message then don’t re-sign AB this off-season.

What Pat'sWSB said and adding in that vaccinated people are 3-5 times less likely to get it in the first place.

Using the low numbers on the recent studies - 3 times less likely to get it, 3 times shorter infectious period - means that a vaccinated person is 9 times less likely, minimum, to give it to you.

Omicron may change this. But a vaccinated person still looks far more likely to have a mild case, even with the new one.

The Bucs cutting AB for this would be equally as disastrous for them as BB benching Malcolm Butler in the Super Bowl was for us and that’s a very high bar to reach. I really do not believe they are seriously considering such a thing no matter what Florio’s “league source” says.

You try and get the GOAT his 8th ring by any means necessary. AB gives the Bucs the best chance for that to happen. If you want to send a message then don’t re-sign AB this off-season.
I think Arians said that to make it look like he is taking it very seriously. As Ice said on the other thread, you don't leak that you are "considering" something. You just do it. I think they are hoping that over the next 2 weeks, the story is gone given all the big games coming up to decide playoff seedings. Not a bad strategy actually.

I think Arians said that to make it look like he is taking it very seriously. As Ice said on the other thread, you don't leak that you are "considering" something. You just do it. I think they are hoping that over the next 2 weeks, the story is gone given all the big games coming up to decide playoff seedings. Not a bad strategy actually.
He is gone next year though

He is gone next year though
I think that was going to be case even without the vax suspension. He just can't stay healthy. I guess we will see. A lot depends on Brady. But I think Tampa addresses his position through FA.

I'm sure AB is NOT looking forward to that stern talking to he's gonna get from BA.... oooh golly it's gonna be fire and brimstone with some serious finger wagging resulting in AB getting cut after the season ends.

It doesn't matter what he's said. Arians is an animated bottle of beer standing in for a head coach so that TB doesn't have to answer questions about how the team is run.

Really? I don't believe that at all. Do you have a source? Going by my personal limited observations I've seen a couple of vaccinated people get the virus from other vaccinated people. The difference has been in the lack of severity of the symptoms, not in the ability to spread the virus
It is because vaccinated people shed the virus for a shorter time, thus they are less likely to infect others than the unvaccinated. “Less likely” means a lower probability, but that probability is not zero of course, the vaccinated can still infect others, it is just that the unvaccinated have a higher probability of infecting others. PBPF (who actually understands the field) posted a layman’s description (worded to be understandable to non scientists and non researchers) on the research in post 222, or for the more scientifically literate this New England Journal of Medicine link may provide insight: NEJM link.

…I got sucked into this debate momentarily again but now I’ll return to my self imposed COVID posting ban. ;) The ban is because nobody is really listening or changing their mind on this subject, plus Ian has this weird idea that this website should be about Pats football. ;)

Last edited:

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back