PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Antonio Brown suspended for lying about vaccination status

Vaccines: Because it's not always just about YOU.

Yes, young and healthy people will most likely (but not always) get through a COVID bout. Eduardo Rodriguez lost a YEAR, by the way.

But unvaccinated people are many times more likely to infect someone else than a fully vaccinated person.
Please explain how an unvaxed person is more likely to infect! Since anyone, vaxed or unvaxed can catch and spread. The hypocrisy is mind boggling…….the vax was originally supposed to protect you from the virus, that didn’t work out so back to masks….which don’t work….and since the vaxed can still catch covid, what’s the point of any of this? They say the vax will lessen severity of YOUR sickness….shouldnt that be a personal choice? Seems to be the only people who agree with mandates are the same people who need the stigma of the virus as we head into the mid term elections!

Exactly….vax cards are irrelevant. The premise behind having them is flawed. Would be the same as requiring a card for flu vax.

Now you’re opening a whole other can of worms. Forging a medical document is a crime. It doesn’t matter that you believe your cause is just, or even if your cause is just.

Reminder: NFL players are indeed allowed to participate in NFL practices, activities, and games. The restrictions are minor…less than most school children. Hard to have sympathy here, whether you’re pro-vax or anti-vax.

Exactly….vax cards are irrelevant. The premise behind having them is flawed. Would be the same as requiring a card for flu vax.

It is not up to the DOJ to choose which laws to prosecute.

Please explain how an unvaxed person is more likely to infect! Since anyone, vaxed or unvaxed can catch and spread. The hypocrisy is mind boggling…….the vax was originally supposed to protect you from the virus, that didn’t work out so back to masks….which don’t work….and since the vaxed can still catch covid, what’s the point of any of this? They say the vax will lessen severity of YOUR sickness….shouldnt that be a personal choice? Seems to be the only people who agree with mandates are the same people who need the stigma of the virus as we head into the mid term elections!
The ignorance is more than mind-boggling.

A vaccinated person and an unvaccinated person are both contagious IF they have COVID, and IF it's in the smaller time frame for infection from the vaccinated person.

An equal number of: Person A (vaccinated) and Person B (not) both come into contact with a contagious COVID carrier in an ideal situation for transmission.

For every A who gets it in that situation, 3-5 B's will get it.

YOU then come into contact with all of the people of both groups. Those in group B are 3-5 time more likely to HAVE the disease than those in group A,

In the time frame you see all of those people, the infected people in Group B are 3-5 times more likely to be contagious than the infected people in Group A.

This is basic logic.

And PS: Vaccines DO protect the vaccinated from getting very ill or dying - 10-11 times less likely if infected than an unvaccinated person. But if I get COVID, I can pass it on to my immuno-compromised family and friends in that short time period, right? Or to my unvaxxed family members under five, right?

And PPS: two massive studies on masking debunk your "masks don't work" nonsense. South Korean study out la couple of weeks ago put mask effectiveness in reducing transmission at around 93%. Masking and social distancing around 98%.

Or requiring proof of vaccinations from a bunch of things for, oh I don't know, starting school, joining the military, starting many jobs...

Work at Dana Farber and you're required to have proof of flu vaccination, since a flu running through a cancer hospital would be, you know, kind of bad, I guess.

Have the Bucs released him yet or was that suggestion as dumb than as it is now

This is 100% false. The majority of positive cases since Aug 1 have been people who were already vaccinated. It’s also been scientifically proven that a vaccinated person can catch and spread covid….as well as “variants”. Natural immunity based on antibodies has been blatantly ignored.
The Biden administration admitted in court that it cannot prove vaccination reduces transmission.

In general, the overwhelming lack of evidence likely shows CMS had insufficient evidence to mandate vaccination on the wide range of facilities that it did. Looking even beyond the evidence deficiencies relating to the specific facilities covered, the lack of data regarding vaccination status and transmissibility—in general—is concerning. Indeed, CMS states that “the effectiveness of the vaccine to prevent disease transmission by those vaccinated [is] not currently known” 17

You've been dismissing and minimizing the seriousness of the disease and the need for efforts to stop the spread of the the disease since your famous "its only 50 deaths" genius assessment.

I made that statement in what, the first or second week of the pandemic? And taking a wait-and-see approach is not minimizing it. Laslty, if you want to stick a vaccine in your 70 year old a-s-s every 6 months, go for it.

I made that statement in what, the first or second week of the pandemic? And taking a wait-and-see approach is not minimizing it. Laslty, if you want to stick a vaccine in your 70 year old a-s-s every 6 months, go for it.
This is kind of where I am at. What is the long-term plan here? Shots every 6 months that don't prevent infection or transmission? This is a lot of medicine to ask an individual to put in their body. The booster from early indications are knocking people for a loop even worse than the second shot.

If thats true, then the Bucs were clearly lying when they said there were no irregularities with Browns card. If the team did any investigation at all, they could have seen that he submitted two different cards.
Another thread that goes to sh!t because of the forum scientists.

Back to the OP. It's easy for you to say, but both cards were almost identical. Come on man.

Card 1:

FFogDPhX0AIze93.jpg

Card 2:

20211204_170916.jpg

After reading this. I don’t know how the Bucs could say they did their due diligence. From this report, the league figured out that Brown and the two other players submitted fake vaccination cards pretty quickly. They all got “vaccinated” in the same county 80 miles away from the Bucs’ faculty on the same day even though the Bucs were providing shots to any player that wanted them.

And apparently the story that was leaked that Brown decided against using the fake card and got vaccinated seems to be bogus. Brown agreed to not appeal the suspension which means he has to be guilty and he negotiated a lesser punishment for no appeal.

After reading this. I don’t know how the Bucs could say they did their due diligence. From this report, the league figured out that Brown and the two other players submitted fake vaccination cards pretty quickly. They all got “vaccinated” in the same county 80 miles away from the Bucs’ faculty on the same day even though the Bucs were providing shots to any player that wanted them.

And apparently the story that was leaked that Brown decided against using the fake card and got vaccinated seems to be bogus. Brown agreed to not appeal the suspension which means he has to be guilty and he negotiated a lesser punishment for no appeal.

The Bucs don't care. They just want to win. So you can imagine that they were not going to do a thorough investigation. The team should be fined as well IMO.

Would clinics share such information? I doubt it.
The vaccine manufacturers can verify if the number listed on the card is indeed a valid lot number, and where it was distributed. They probably won't tell you who is was that got jabbed.

I give humanity about 30 years at best. With nukes and nationalist populism, AI, deadly viruses, and the prevalence of unlimited ignorance it would be a miracle to last any longer

Please explain how an unvaxed person is more likely to infect! Since anyone, vaxed or unvaxed can catch and spread.
Any infected person can indeed spread it, while having above a certain viral load. Vaxxed people's viral load drops fast, though. Unvaxxed are infective 8 to 10 times longer, according to multiple studies. Unvaccinated people infected with delta variant infect about 5.4 people. Vaccinated people infected with delta variant infect about 0.6 people.

Don't fall into the "if it isn't 100%, then it might as well be 0%" fallacy. It like saying I don't want Larry Bird to shoot the technical foul with the game tied and 1 second left, since he might miss anyway, 10% chance... so I will send SHAQ up there instead!

The Bucs don't care. They just want to win. So you can imagine that they were not going to do a thorough investigation. The team should be fined as well IMO.
Tom Brady must have been at least generally aware.

Any infected person can indeed spread it, while having above a certain viral load. Vaxxed people's viral load drops fast, though. Unvaxxed are infective 8 to 10 times longer, according to multiple studies. Unvaccinated people infected with delta variant infect about 5.4 people. Vaccinated people infected with delta variant infect about 0.6 people.

Don't fall into the "if it isn't 100%, then it might as well be 0%" fallacy. It like saying I don't want Larry Bird to shoot the technical foul with the game tied and 1 second left, since he might miss anyway, 10% chance... so I will send SHAQ up there instead!
Why did the biden administration say in court that “the effectiveness of the vaccine to prevent disease transmission by those vaccinated [is] not currently known”
if what you post is settled science?

Why did the biden administration say in court that “the effectiveness of the vaccine to prevent disease transmission by those vaccinated [is] not currently known”
if what you post is settled science?
Because the studies that established the lower transmission rate had not been published at that time. They have been now. Would you prefer they guess, or make stuff up? The data is the data.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back