Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Deliberation of AH double murder trial into 3rd day: What says you fine juror?

• AH innocent, found innocent

Votes: 8 11.8%
  • AH innocent, mistrial

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AH innocent, found guilty

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • AH guilty, found guilty

Votes: 36 52.9%
  • AH guilty, mistrial

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • AH guilty, found innocent

Votes: 14 20.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ray Lewis seems like a good dude. Most likely his friend killed a guy in a street fight and he tried to cover it up. Not the worst thing that someone has ever done.

Pretty low bar that he is okay because he didn't participate in the "worst thing that someone has ever done." Isn't it enough that he likely murdered someone, and the very least was an accomplice who aided a known murderer and obstructed justice? We give guys second chances all the time when they get a DUI, fail a drug test, etc, but we are talking about a homicide here. I don't see a huge difference between Ray Lewis and the likes of Aaron Hernandez or OJ Simpson. I'm not buying his ridiculous phony act either. The man should atone for taking a life, just like anyone else.

Pretty low bar that he is okay because he didn't participate in the "worst thing that someone has ever done." Isn't it enough that he likely murdered someone, and the very least was an accomplice who aided a known murderer and obstructed justice? We give guys second chances all the time when they get a DUI, fail a drug test, etc, but we are talking about a homicide here. I don't see a huge difference between Ray Lewis and the likes of Aaron Hernandez or OJ Simpson. I'm not buying his ridiculous phony act either. The man should atone for taking a life, just like anyone else.

Ever been in a street fight? Now imagine one of your friends pulled a knife and stabbed one of the guys you were fighting. Would you go running to the police or would you lie to help your friend Or would you panic that you might be in trouble even though you didn't directly do anything and lie to save yourself? That's a tough moral question, particularly when helping the police goes against everything Lewis would have learned growing up. I wouldn't judge a man in that spot either way. Also, I would like to see the evidence on which you base your claims that Lewis "likely" murdered someone. Also, how is it that Lewis "likely" murdered someone but at the least was an accomplice to a "known murderer"? I guess what you are saying is: Either Lewis murdered someone or his friends did. But who is the known murderer? The guys charged were acquitted after 5 hours on the grounds of self defense. And there was never a suggestion that Lewis was an accomplice, just that he lied to the police after the fact. Again, with your friends' life on the line and the police interrogating you it's tough to know for sure that you wouldn't massage the truth to try to put the facts in the best light for them, or even for you. Tough to judge. Silly to say that you view Lewis like Hernandez and Simpson.Those were open and shut cold blooded murder cases. Again, what is your evidence that Lewis "likely" murdered someone?

Last edited:
Unfortunately or maybe fortunately we do not know what is going on in Jury deliberations.. most cases that get to indictment are successful for the AG.. however the doubt from the star witness casts a shadow.

OTOH you have a guy who was shot in the face by AH giving testimony about what happened that night.. thugs ratting on thugs.

I think he is guilty, but not sure he will be found guilty.. without regard he will spend the rest of his natural life behind high walls.

Ray Lewis seems like a good dude. Most likely his friend killed a guy in a street fight and he tried to cover it up. Not the worst thing that someone has ever done.
Covering up a murder can only be the act of a scumbag. Would you cover up your friend if you saw him murder someone?

I would not.

Covering up a murder can only be the act of a scumbag. Would you cover up your friend if you saw him murder someone?

I would not.

You are assuming without evidence that a murder was committed. The evidence suggests a violent melee in which it is unclear who did what and who was the aggressor. That's why I prefaced my comments with "have you ever been in a street fight"? There's a fog of war element that makes a clear understanding of the events difficult.

We know that 2 people were killed in a street fight and Lewis and his associates were in the middle of it. Beyond that, we don't know much. Posters here are letting their preconceptions of Lewis fill in the missing evidence.

Good people don't kill people.
Or cover up for those who do. It's bad for the prosecution that this has gone into day 3. If it is a hung jury (and it seems like there is one or more person(s) holding out) then I wonder if the state would bother with a retrial. He's already in jail for life for the murder they DID prove beyond a reasonable doubt.

You are assuming without evidence that a murder was committed. The evidence suggests a violent melee in which it is unclear who did what and who was the aggressor. That's why I prefaced my comments with "have you ever been in a street fight"? There's a fog of war element that makes a clear understanding of the events difficult.

We know that 2 people were killed in a street fight and Lewis and his associates were in the middle of it. Beyond that, we don't know much. Posters here are letting their preconceptions of Lewis fill in the missing evidence.
First off, "Street respect" is something only a child seeks. Yet that's what Hernandez constantly sought. Think about that...."street respect"....what a joke!

I've been in a few street fights. One was in Boston with North End guys in the early 80's. Sure everything gets foggy, but if someone fires a gun, everything clears. Hernandez is the kind of scum that brags about killing someone.

I'm not debating whether he's guilty or not. Im telling you that if a friend commits murder, you do the right thing and testify what you know.
So if I was in a street fight where one of my guys killed someone with a gun, I'm going to testify against that former friend.

To not do so would make me a thug.

Last edited:
he's never getting out of the clink no matter what the verdict is.
Recent social talks about why they are wasting good tax payer money trying to convict him when he's already incarcerated, someone said that in the event that he is released on a technicality on the first conviction he would never actually see the streets again with this conviction.

Justice for three individuals is at stake here.
The two victims.
Hernandez.

Maybe the jury is just doing its sworn duty, reviewing all the evidence and being sure they "get it right." Three to five days doesn't seem too long to me, given the stakes.

If it goes past next Monday, I'll start to think that it might be trending towards a hung jury, but not until then.

Recent social talks about why they are wasting good tax payer money trying to convict him when he's already incarcerated, someone said that in the event that he is released on a technicality on the first conviction he would never actually see the streets again with this conviction.
That's a good point.

Let me lighten up this thread with a joke.

Three guys are captured by a tribe of natives in a far off land. They are brought before the tribal leader who gives them a choice. He says, "what will you have, death or bunga?".

The first guys thinks, hmmm wonder what bunga is. "I'll take the bunga". The tribal leader says, "good". Then a dozen tribal members line up and give it to him in the rear.

The tribal leader turns to the second guy and gives him the choice, death, or bunga. The second guy thinks, hmm, that bunga thing is pretty nasty. But death is permanent, "I'll take the bunga". Tribal leader says, "good", and a hundred tribesmen line up and give him the bunga.

The tribal leader gives the choice to the third captive. He thinks a while, hmm, first it was a dozen, then it was a hundred, I don't know man. Heck with it, "I'll take death".

The tribal leader says, "good, death...

by bunga."

o_O
good one. the version I heard had the punchline as: "Good! We will put you to death...but, first, a little bunga."

Where's the option for, "Probably did it, but doesn't look like the prosecution has the evidence to prove it," because that's where I'm leaning.

See also: OJ murder trial, where there is a world of difference between, "He did it," and "We can prove he did it." I have a feeling the same is true here.

Where's the option for, "Probably did it, but doesn't look like the prosecution has the evidence to prove it," because that's where I'm leaning.

See also: OJ murder trial, where there is a world of difference between, "He did it," and "We can prove he did it." I have a feeling the same is true here.

Well, jurors don't usually have that option. Hence the poll. Depending on your take, "guilty, found innocent" or "innocent, found innocent" or if you think your opinion is a locked and a minority and you wouldn't be budged, "hang" the jury. It's all up to you! What fun.

They're obviously going to try every murder case, regardless of past history. Anyone complaining about wasted taxpayer money needs to consider Belichick's idea of having a bake sale or car wash to raise funds. It's a first degree murder case. The state (commonwealth) can afford it.

You are kidding right?
They abundantly proved that oj did it. The jury literally admitted they found him innocent to make up for the history of racial treatment by the lapd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes