OT: Aaron Rodgers takes a shot at the Falcons

Status
Not open for further replies.

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Link-
Aaron Rodgers: It’s loud in Atlanta, whether it’s all natural or not

"It’s really loud in there. Whether that’s all natural or not is yet to be seen,” Rodgers said."

League investigation and the Falcons are found guilty (plus they admitted it) and fined and lost a pick. CD skipping sound in Indianapolis a few years ago.... less than a day "investigation" and league says nothing to see here. Seems legit.

The Falcons invited two ex-boyfriends of Russell Wilson's wife to be on the sideline last week, so they're no strangers to snark.

Rodgers had a nice burn there. That was well done.

The Falcons should invite Aaron's estranged brother, Luke Rodgers, to sing the national anthem in response.

The Falcons invited two ex-boyfriends of Russell Wilson's wife to be on the sideline last week, so they're no strangers to snark.

The Falcons should invite Aaron's estranged brother, Luke Rodgers, to sing the national anthem in response.
His parents too.

I just don't like AR. Just rubs me the wrong way.

I like Aaron Rodgers, but in this case he is being a jerk. Same as some of the Patriots opponents accusing them of cheating.

His parents too.

I don't know. I agree, there's something off about him. But then again, I wonder if his family thinks he should be more generous with them. He wouldn't be the first pro athlete to be treated like an ATM by his family.

It's a reminder that no matter who you are or how famous you become or how much money you make, all families are dysfunctional one way or another.

I don't know. I agree, there's something off about him. But then again, I wonder if his family thinks he should be more generous with them. He wouldn't be the first pro athlete to be treated like an ATM by his family.

It's a reminder that no matter who you are or how famous you become or how much money you make, all families are dysfunctional one way or another.

Having said that, A Rod seems a bit selfish.
It's ok to share... a lot...when it comes to family.

My understanding is that his parents are very comfortable financially. It's something else.

Having said that, A Rod seems a bit selfish.
It's ok to share... a lot...when it comes to family.

I obviously don't know all the particulars of the situation so don't really know what's going on there.

But in general, I think there's a difference between being generous and being used. When you do something because you want to, you feel good about it. When you're expected to do something, it changes how you feel about it, even though you end up doing the same thing in the end.

Tyron Smith's family is a classic example of this.

6 stunning details we learned in Cowboys' Tyron Smith family saga | SportsDay

Again, not saying this is what is happening with Rodgers. But there's always two sides to the story, and we haven't heard his yet. And maybe we never will. But when it comes to family, it's usually much more complex and complicated than what one person says.

His parents too.

I don't know how to put this exactly...but there's something particularly hollow in his gaze. Compared to our GOAT, AR is a glorified department store mannequin in the emotions department.

I obviously don't know all the particulars of the situation so don't really know what's going on there.

But in general, I think there's a difference between being generous and being used. When you do something because you want to, you feel good about it. When you're expected to do something, it changes how you feel about it, even though you end up doing the same thing in the end.

Tyron Smith's family is a classic example of this.

6 stunning details we learned in Cowboys' Tyron Smith family saga | SportsDay

Again, not saying this is what is happening with Rodgers. But there's always two sides to the story, and we haven't heard his yet. And maybe we never will. But when it comes to family, it's usually much more complex and complicated than what one person says.
True we haven't even heard Rodgers' side of the story, if all they do is use him for his money then I'd support him in saying "**** you" to them too.

I don't know how to put this exactly...but there's something particularly hollow in his gaze. Compared to our GOAT, AR is a glorified department store mannequin in the emotions department.

I see it too. There is something synthetic or unauthentic about him. Lacks genuineness.

Funny, we all interpret that look of his differently. I have come to appreciate it, because I interpret it as having perspective on things. The hyper competitiveness of Brady and similar players is useful to us as fans because we can get excited by it and believe it leads to more wins. My interpretation of Rodgers is that he is just having fun out there and doesn't get too excited about playing a sport for a living. I don't see it as hollow so much as entertained.

My understanding is that his parents are very comfortable financially. It's something else.

It could be. I don't know.

Although there's a pretty significant difference between "Chiropractor" rich and "NFL Superstar" rich.

And from seeing the 1%, there doesn't seem to be many people who seem content with what they have.

But it could be a ton of different things besides money. And there may be good reasons for Rodgers to stay away, or terrible reasons. Just don't know.

Funny, we all interpret that look of his differently. I have come to appreciate it, because I interpret it as having perspective on things. The hyper competitiveness of Brady and similar players is useful to us as fans because we can get excited by it and believe it leads to more wins. My interpretation of Rodgers is that he is just having fun out there and doesn't get too excited about playing a sport for a living. I don't see it as hollow so much as entertained.
I see it in the commercials and interviews too.

I see it too. There is something synthetic or unauthentic about him. Lacks genuineness.

He's got them dead eyes.

I see him as that dad in the movies who cares only about his job and doesn't care about "the things that really matter."

And the Patriots should invite Ben's victim to stand on the Pats sidelines!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back