PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: The Titans emerge as a potential Aaron Rodgers suitor

amfootball

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
This would be a great move for Rodgers and the Titans. Much easier division than the AFCW and much better HC.

Can the Titans get out of Tanny's deal? Or does Tanny get traded to GB?

Solid move for the Vrables.

With Tannehill eating up $26m of their salary cap in the next 2 years (dead money) it's the kind of move that would be sure to kill the franchise. How can you pay Rodgers $40m and Tannehill?

You can't spend $70m of your salary cap on the QB position alone.

Or maybe the Titans think they can, and we're sure that Rodgers is not taking the discount.

another rumor is Saint Aaron is about to sign a 10 year contract off world....yep, it's true..he'll be marketed system wide as Discount Double Dork From Ork...nonny nu nonny nu!

The Titans would need to trade Tannehill with a pick to a team willing to just eat the contract. It’s possible.

Hold up, does anyone think that Rodgers' diva act will fly? Vrabel might kill him.
I don't know Vrabes at all but its clear to me his guys play hard for him. There is no doubt about that. How he gets them to play hard is also something I don't know. Maybe it's the way he builds relationships with the players. Maybe it's the Parcells needling technique. Maybe it's the BB approach which is to lay out exactly what is needed for victory. Maybe it's a combination of all 3.

Vrabes strikes me as someone who doesn't put up with any nonsense that causes friction in the locker room. Maybe LeFleur did b/c he felt taking the path of least resistance with AR was the way to go but Vrabes strikes me as a guy who handles things head-on and will fight the fight if it needs fighting

I can't figure out AR nor do I care to but my belief is he is a non-confrontational, passive-aggressive d-bag.

I'm assuming Vrabes would do everything he could to make AR comfortable and part of the team but if he went there expectations would be made very plainly to AR and what the Titans' culture is and how he can fit in.

images

Did someone say Aaron Rodgers thread? Here's Lily !

The Titans would need to trade Tannehill with a pick to a team willing to just eat the contract. It’s possible.
If they do that, there's still a $25m hit, but why would you pay Tannehill that much money?

That’s about the only move that would make sense for rodgers imo besides staying in gb.

Denver- going against mahomes, herbert, carr

Pittsburgh- lots of holes there and aging team

Tennessee has a good team all around and would be pretty scary with aaron…. Question is how do they fit him and tanny on the payroll

I don't think he's going anywhere without D. Adams. Last Dance lmao

Not going to happen. If this was 2023, maybe. But this year, I cannot see them maneuvering the cap with both Tannehill's contract and Rodgers. I heard somewhere that even if they could trade Tannehill, their QB position would eat up like $70-80 million in cap money this year.

The media has finally turned on Rodgers after that embarrassment in the NFCDG against the 9ers. Doesn't matter where he goes, he will find a way to lose.

Not going to happen. If this was 2023, maybe. But this year, I cannot see them maneuvering the cap with both Tannehill's contract and Rodgers. I heard somewhere that even if they could trade Tannehill, their QB position would eat up like $70-80 million in cap money this year.

I actually thought the Tom Brady retirement talk was about forcing a trade to Tennessee.

Until I saw Tanny's contract.

I actually thought the Tom Brady retirement talk was about forcing a trade to Tennessee.

Until I saw Tanny's contract.

I don't think Brady would force a trade. It would hurt his brand too much. Right now, few people really blame him for the way it ended here. But if ended badly in Tampa too, it would give him a reputation like Aaron Rodgers has.

• Agree
Reactions: Ian

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3