PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

On to the Browns!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping we don't see Gordon until after the bye. The guy that worries me is Mason. We can ill afford to lose another OLman. Christ, do we even know, at this point, who is the back up interior lineman. My guess is Elumanour, but its only a guess. It could be Ferentz, and THAT wouldn't be good.

We will be fine with our current WR's. Meyers is doing well and there's a chance that with Sanu here, maybe we won't need to subject Jules to 12 targets this week. If there's a guy who needs a week off its him. Maybe next week, which would give him 2 weeks to fully recover from the ribs.

I know Dante Scar is weaving his magic but some of these retreads are hard to mold. Cleveland's D-Line could be worrisome we need Mason even though he hasn't been a world beater. And I know when Sony and Brady saw Mason on the list they both did this.:rolleyes:

Gordon to IR. LMAO at everybody saying I told you so that he wouldn't be because he was at a walk-through. This is why I don't act like I know anything about the team and what is going on behind the scenes.

Gordon to IR. LMAO at everybody saying I told you so that he wouldn't be because he was at a walk-through. This is why I don't act like I know anything about the team and what is going on behind the scenes.
Could you possibly be pettier?

Could you possibly be pettier?

I think I could be. I just found it funny that everyone thinks they know what's going on when none of us know what's going on. Oh he's healthy, he's at practice. Oh he's on IR. Oh he's following the Packers on Twitter... anyone who states anything as fact, without having all of the facts, opens themselves up to a good old LMAO.

I find the whole thing fascinating.

I know Dante Scar is weaving his magic but some of these retreads are hard to mold. Cleveland's D-Line could be worrisome we need Mason even though he hasn't been a world beater. And I know when Sony and Brady saw Mason on the list they both did this.:rolleyes:
Cleveland's D is ranked 23rd in DVOA this year.

Cleveland's D is ranked 23rd in DVOA this year.

Still, not having Mason would be huge. I'd rather stick with Ferentz as the fullback than the RG. If he even would be. Who's next man up if Mason doesn't play?

Still, not having Mason would be huge. I'd rather stick with Ferentz as the fullback than the RG. If he even would be. Who's next man up if Mason doesn't play?

Eluemumor

alternative: Karras to OG, Ferentz to C

Just saw this on a link here. Guess discussing this game is pointless.. :D

Mayfield: 49% 0 TD 1 INT against the blitz this year

Pats D: 6 INTs when blitzing this season

The IR/(most likely)waive of Gordon reminds me of Collins’ trade to the Browns. Shocking at first sight but understandable. They did not performed the way it was expected of them and in Patriots land, names don’t play, players do. Was Gordon’s absence really noticeable against the Jets? Was his absence noticeable after he went out last year? And we had Chris Hogan as a #2 WR who was just about done as a player. Right now we have JE, Dorsett, Sanu, Meyers and Harry which is far better than Edelman, Hogan, Dorsett and Paterson.

That’s why a 6th round QB replaced a freshly paid $100 million face of the franchise, an undrafted CB took over a starting spot that was held by a HoF CB and that’s why a player like Meyers who has shown great upside and has been better and better as the weeks go by will get to play over Gordon. I think Sanu will have a bigger impact on the offense than JG had in the last two years.

I’m really happy that Gordon seems in a good place, and i wish him nothing but the best. Hopefully he continues to get better and lives a healthy and happy life.

Regarding OL depth, why not trade for a guy like Eagles OT Vaitai? He’s like 3rd-4th on their depth chart and is pretty decent. Couldn’t cost much at all.
In a small sample size last season, Vaitai was a legitimately awful pass blocker. Some Eagles writers indicated that he was actually the fifth tackle in camp this year, behind Mailata (who is now on IR) in addition to Peters, Johnson, and Dillard. I just don’t think Vaitai is the same guy right now that somehow pieced together 13 decent starts in a Super Bowl season. It’s been a season and a half since he last showed any signs of being a worthwhile NFL tackle.

I can’t fathom how an organization can put Kitchens in charge of one of the most talented rosters in the NFL. They literally couldn’t have made a worse hire. I’m so glad I’m not from Cleveland, I just couldn’t do it.

Gase and Kitchens. It’s unbelievable how these two franchises try to outdo each other for stupidity. Honestly a fan vote for personnel and draft decisions would lead to much better results.

He had a lazy game. I think we will see the coached clean that up.

Not sure you can say he had a "lazy" game since only 1 of the calls on him was legit. The 2nd one was bogus because the ball was over-thrown and the 3rd call they actually got right and picked up the flag because the ball was thrown out of bound and completely uncatchable.

Don't get a longer arm from patting yourself on the back there, slick.

Is Jackson too handsey?
I think he just has a physical style of play. Yes, this will bite the team with some stupid penalties, and I do think that some of those penalties will need to be cleaned up, but as a whole, I like his aggressiveness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST