PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

On to the Browns!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freddie Kitchens seems to be way over his head as HC. The fact that a team loaded with talent is 2-4 is kinda of embarassing. He's truly the weakest link over there.

However, there is one aspect of this game Im a curious about: Are we going heavy with man-coverage against Landry and OBJ? In my limited time seeing non-Pats games, I was in the impression that teams have been very successful playing zone against Cleveland, specially given how much Baker rolls to his right.

Also, i hope no one is looking forward for the Baltimore game.

JCJ= Brandon Browner 2.0.
I think he's already better than Browner… BB was great bumping on the line, but he would find himself at a disadvantage if he didnt get a good push on the oppenent. JC can keep up with WRs after the release better than Browner

Last edited:
I think he's already better than Browner… BB was great bumping on the line, but he would find himself at a disadvantage if he didnt get a got push on the oppenent. JC can keep up with WRs after the release better than Browner
They called it tight in NY. He was fine

Jackson commits far too many penalties.

He had a lazy game. I think we will see the coached clean that up.

Jackson does not play lazy, whatsoever. If anything, he plays too aggressive. I expect him to ease up on this as he matures. He'll understand in time that it's all about the timing, as far as disrupting the receiver he's covering. One well-timed slap, bump, or shove achieves the same result as endless grappling, as far as covering a route.

Is Jackson too handsey?

Yes but it depends on the refs that day. With a 'let them play' ref he's great. He needs to learn to ease up a bit when they call tighter games. Also he needs to learn to ease up more when the ball is close. A hold sucks but won't usually kill you. A PI can be very costly.

This is going to be a fun game. Browns are super talented and are probably the best offense this Patriots defense has faced. Even with the poor coaching, this Browns team can beat the Patriots. They have too much talent to take lightly.

Cannot wait!

Yes but it depends on the refs that day. With a 'let them play' ref he's great. He needs to learn to ease up a bit when they call tighter games. Also he needs to learn to ease up more when the ball is close. A hold sucks but won't usually kill you. A PI can be very costly.

I love how physical he is. That game cost him so he has to watch it but like you said...depends on how the refs are calling it

Not sure you can say he had a "lazy" game since only 1 of the calls on him was legit. The 2nd one was bogus because the ball was over-thrown and the 3rd call they actually got right and picked up the flag because the ball was thrown out of bound and completely uncatchable.

Jackson lived up to his reputation Monday night - he's overly physical and refs can throw flags his way on a number of plays. Your rebuttal that that he was bailed out of penalties by a QB overthrowing the receivers doesn't carry much weight.

Jackson lived up to his reputation Monday night - he's overly physical and refs can throw flags his way on a number of plays. Your rebuttal that that he was bailed out of penalties by a QB overthrowing the receivers doesn't carry much weight.

If you actually watched the 2nd and 3rd penalty calls, there was no PI to begin with. Never mind that the balls were overthrown. But you keep on thinking that the argument doesn't carry weight. See how far that gets you.

So?

Jackson didn't allow a reception in 3 targets Monday night.

I would not change a damn thing to Jackson's game.

I'd rather have a big, strong, aggressive, physical, mauling CB than a candy ass who can't cover ****

Ahhhh Jarvis Jarvis...

If my Madden simulation is accurate, the Pats curb-stomp the Cleveland Clowns 38-10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST