PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

On to Detroit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm flying out to the motor city Saturday morning. My buddy (die hard Lions fan) picks us up at the airport. From there straight to the big house in Ann Arbor (Michigan vs Nebraska). Sunday night Ford Field to see the Pats. My buddy claims Patricia and the Lions are getting ripped on sports radio this week. He see's the fans turning on the Lions if the Patriots jump out to a lead. Should be fun! I'll take pics.

I'm flying out to the motor city Saturday morning. My buddy (die hard Lions fan) picks us up at the airport. From there straight to the big house in Ann Arbor (Michigan vs Nebraska). Sunday night Ford Field to see the Pats. My buddy claims Patricia and the Lions are getting ripped on sports radio this week. He see's the fans turning on the Lions if the Patriots jump out to a lead. Should be fun! I'll take pics.

I hope you're not crying in your beer if the Pats lay an egg.

Not surprise by Flowers and Chung. You almost never see guys on Wed when they're in the concussion protocol. I'm glad to see Wise is fine.

Detroit hasn't had a 100-yard rusher in 4 years:
The Detroit Lions Haven’t Had a 100-Yard Rusher for Four Years

It's no secret how to attack the Pats defense. RBs and TEs covered by LBs. So, check downs, and the middle of the field. Jacksonville wore us out with pick plays too.

I'm assuming we have a much better chance against the Detroit defense. And also that the team will be focused following a loss.

Detroit is dangerously bad. So bad that they won’t even lose properly

Yeah. I don't see this game as an automatic W.

The Jete hung 48 on the Lions in wk-1, but only 34 of those points were on the Lions' defense. The Jete were also gifted a couple of layups off Lions' turnovers and special teams failures.

The Lions bounce back pretty well on the road against the Niners last week, even though they lost. The Lions' pass rush was crapping on Aladdin's magic carpet all day, and almost picked him off a couple times. Stafford came close to engineering another 4Q comeback.

Unfotunately, Lions' special teams gifted the Niners with a layup TD off a 101-yd return on the 2nd-half kickoff (return TD called back on a facemask penalty against the returner, DJ Reed).

Anyway, the Lions are far from talentless on either side of the ball.

While their run-D is certainly suspect, it's not as if either d'Arnold or Aladdin had their way with the Lions' pass-D all game (although they may be without Darius Slay against the Pats).

On offense, Stafford runs hot and cold, but often gets hot against prevent defenses in the 4th quarter. Blount looked good against the Niners, and rookie RB Kerryon Johnson (who the Pats scouted pretty thoroughly), seems like a kid who could pull off a Kareen Hunt level performance almost any time.

I think this time a shootout is coming. We are going to get a lot of points.

The Lions stink.

Stafford sucks. Always has and always will.

I don't think we have the traditional interior guys to take advantage, but if Flowers plays and you can kick him inside on 3rd down, he could absolutely have success.

giphy.gif

Supposidly Adam Butler is our interior rusher.

Well, we know that Flowers can rush from the interior (if he's healthy). Wise can, too. And Guy. Clayborn was sometime used on the inside. They've used Davis there a couple times.

Actually, if Ragnow is really that weak, Shelton and Brown my be enough to deform the middle of the pocket and force Stafford to move laterally into the rush from the edges.

Van Noy, Bentley, or even Roberts blitzing through an A-gap might also be effective.

The thing is that MattyP knows the kind of rush schemes and stunts the Pats are most likely to use. It's not as if Flores has had the time to get super creative yet.

Well, we know that Flowers can rush from the interior (if he's healthy). Wise can, too. And Guy. Clayborn was sometime used on the inside. They've used Davis there a couple times.

Actually, if Ragnow is really that weak, Shelton and Brown my be enough to deform the middle of the pocket and force Stafford to move laterally into the rush from the edges.

Van Noy, Bentley, or even Roberts blitzing through an A-gap might also be effective.

The thing is that MattyP knows the kind of rush schemes and stunts the Pats are most likely to use. It's not as if Flores has had the time to get super creative yet.
I know they line up inside occasionally but actually getting pressure is a different question. Its spotty at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back