PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ANNOUNCEMENT OK - So here's the deal regarding moderation. Pull up a chair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reported myself, banned myself, called myself a coward hiding behind a computer, challenged myself to a fight offline, kicked my ass, called a cop, and sued for battery.
I set up an alert system to notify me of any future issues that I might have with myself.

Reopen the Political board and make it unmoderated with the only rule that if anyone even suggest any kind of harm toward anyone whether they are a member or not, complete ban from the site.....

we need a romper room......a place people can go to insult each other mercilessly, endlessly

a big skull and crossbones in the entrance
I agree with a no holds barred place although I would like a moderated political forum. Too bad there were a bunch of grown adult babies crying their eyes out to the mods and Ian on a daily basis. I honestly read that sub forum more than this main one. It was a great place to get your popcorn, kick back and enjoy the **** show.

I set up an alert system to notify me of any future issues that I might have with myself.

Be sure to keep the volume down on that bad boy, wouldn't want you to damage your hearing with the continuous noise

Is this thread even being moderated?

It stinks...the software doesn't really have that capability...at least not easily. I agree it would certainly make things easier. The report function at least appears for all of us and then it's just a matter of who gets to it first.

You can say that again.

Although, when I think back to the Bledsoe/Brady days (wish I still had those posts) - it was ugly. That one was tough and that would qualify with what you're saying. That was definitely difficult...although Brady winning it all sort of settled that :cool:

I was an AOLe at the time and it was the same there. I used to call the other side Bledsholes. Some of them probably still believe that Drew would have led us to a SB win in 2001.

@Ian

Honestly think you are doing a very good job. I own a growing discord server with over 4,300 users now and have experience moderatoring prior. You guys are human and its impossible to please everybody.

I think the issue with this forum recently isnt moderation, but rather ever since we lost WC it feels some people have absolutely lost it. I browse this forum everyday even if not logged in. Its a great site and plan to be here for a very long time. I understand this thread also. My discord server is like my child. The users there give me a sense of satisfaction. They all look up to me as their leader. Same with you. You are leader here. People respect you.

I think the issue with this forum recently isnt moderation, but rather ever since we lost WC it feels some people have absolutely lost it.

This is not a typical board reaction to a Patriots loss in the playoffs. This is realization that the Brady era may already be over or at least the realization that it really won’t last forever and is close to the end. 20 years of feeling invincible and then suddenly realizing it’s actually going to end is a big driver of anxious behavior.

This is not a typical board reaction to a Patriots loss in the playoffs. This is realization that the Brady era may already be over or at least the realization that it really won’t last forever and is close to the end. 20 years of feeling invincible and then suddenly realizing it’s actually going to end is a big driver of anxious behavior.
I understand your stance. Since I've joined I have tried extremely hard being very respectful. I was taught to say please/thank you and to respect people. I do love your posts and many in this thread. Im not going to go into my history, but from July 2018-January 2020 my mind was not doing good. I was on here acting normal, but I was hiding a lot of pain. Even today I have scars. However Im trying hard to move forward. I say this because I can understand Ian. Hes built a home here. My server is similar. A home.

Also, been nice guy a while here. However, I don't think knowing about football excuses being a person that is extremely unlikable. AJ may know football, but damn its painful reading him argue with people. Me being vocal about this, if you knew me means it should hold some weight.

Not really. And look how much better off it is. 19 pages of flourishing discussion on a multitude of topics (given the thread’s nature).
Actually it is a directive from Ian.
During the season more moderation to keep the focus on the Patriots in the main forum.

Actually it is a directive from Ian.
During the season more moderation to keep the focus on the Patriots in the main forum.
??? Even in threads where sidebar pops up, the focus rarely leaves the Patriots. And if it does, it usually departs from the thread in an entertaining/humorous way. Not really a need to moderate heavily there either. Especially if you’re going to have a thread the equivalent of a dump in the game day thread every week. Tossing people didn’t kill the ****posting in that thread either. But, as I told him, it’s his board. He’s the one who has to spend hours and hours on this every week. I’m just giving one man’s opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots