PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Unofficial Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two thoughts:

1. The right time to go to Gronk was when he was out there with a LB on the fumble/QB sneak play.

2. The Patriots always come out flat after the bye. This has happened over the last several years. It is a reoccuring theme with them.

Seattle is the most innocuous team for us to possibly have a loss like this against.

- Not in the division
- Not in the conference
- tough, close game where we got shown a reminder of what physical football looks like

Something isn't gelling with the Defense. Where was Rowe, was Long benched in the second half? I'm confused, we looked lousy on D.

In a perverse way I'm glad, because 15-1 with our only loss to the Bills with an injured Jacoby would have been incredibly frustrating.
Good point

The Patriots got outplayed. Coaching wise too. Just have to correct the mistakes,and move on to face the 49ers.

This has been a bad sports night for me.

2. The Patriots always come out flat after the bye. This has happened over the last several years. It is a reoccuring theme with them.

I said this in the game thread

I'm so sick of the "Patriots after the bye are so good" narrative. Their record might be good, but to the eye they always seem... off.

Sucks and i am mad we lost but this will not get in the way of a super bowl chance. It may help in some ways as it exposed clearly what the Pats need to fix to win.

I don't think the loss of Collins hurt as the Pats had enough pressure and the LBs in coverage didn't come into play too much. They just need their DBs to cover better and abandon the 2 or 3 man rush cause they just can't do it well.

Pats have a lot to learn from tonight but it was not like they played their best game and lost to another team's best game. They played their B- game and lost to the A- game of Seattle.

Dpi on us, against ryan, was a garbage call for 3 points in the first quarter. If that is dpi, 3 flags should have been thrown in the end zone at the end of the 4th. Then there is the fumble that wasnt. **** this league. I had 2 weeks off and utilized my sundays, this product is ****. Blount was in 1st drive on his 2nd td.

The zone coverage was **** all game.

Better coached/focused team won.
Cant agree more. This is not team with fire, maybe some players on offense but D. I am waiting from last year philly game to see that fire just like after Chiefs game. They need some changes on coaching side. Or they should bring some motivation team to put a fire on this guys. Seattle is playing 5 years with that fire and pats seems that after SB that fire is gone.

I have no idea what the hell they are doing on defense. The O had plenty of chances from the 1 to send the game to OT. I'm pissed at all of them. Goodnight

Hopefully, the defense figures things out come playoff time.

The Patriots were:
  1. Below average on offense
  2. Below average on defense
  3. Below average on the sidelines
Not much else to be said. I'm very concerned at the scheme employed today. The times the Pats got aggressive, Seattle regressed to recent form. 7-2 ain't the end of the world but the fact that Logan Ryan can't cover a damn anymore is worrisome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes