PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Unofficial Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staying away from 98.5 for the week... Massarottis Seattle hard on will be insufferable

The first real team we face we lose to. Denver's a must win. I don't want to go into the playoffs only beating crap teams.

the defense STINKS

offensive play calling is mind boggling. they love those stupid useless draw plays that never ever work. ****, it's annoying to watch.

Something has to change scheme wise on defense. God awful on 3rd down. QBs have too much time. Brady and this offense has to be perfect. I can just imagine what will happen in denver.:(

Critical stretch upcoming. Must absolutely three games against these bad teams

Pats secondary continues to give up third down conversions at will. Defense sucks and the pats lost because the offense wasn't good enough to carry them.

The Patriots were:
  1. Below average on offense
  2. Below average on defense
  3. Below average on the sidelines
Not much else to be said. I'm very concerned at the scheme employed today. The times the Pats got aggressive, Seattle regressed to recent form. 7-2 ain't the end of the world but the fact that Logan Ryan can't cover a damn anymore is worrisome.

They came within a yard of hanging 31 on a top 2 defense in the NFL. The offense was decent, but not great. Nor good enough to overcome the defense's constant failures.

The defense was a tier below high school football. Just awful. 'Below average' would be too generous.

Below average on the sidelines - agreed.

Also - below average on special teams.

With a competent defense, this game is at least a 2 score victory for the Pats.

You can't fix suck. Logan Ryan sucks, the defensive line sucks, the pass rush sucks. There's nothing left really to do with it.

This is how I feel

They're out of position, tackle poorly, and just generally don't seem to have a clue. I don't think you can scheme away the deficiencies

The defense sucked and caused 0 turnovers.

Despite that we scored 24 points on an elite defense.

What do people want from the offense?

Both our losses have been at home this season. Not like the Pats. Offense left alot of points out there with drops, fumbles and piss poor play calling. Our D stunk it up badly and if it cannot be rectified we will not win the SB if we make it and Seattle or Dallas is there.

They're not going to win a championship with this atrocity of a defense
Flashbacks of carolina anyone? Thats holding every ****ing time. Terrible calls all night. That dpi that lead to 3 in the first quarter? The fumble recovery that wasnt? Theres another pass or two that deserves looking at given the precedent set in the 1st quarter.

Then there is the inability for this secondary to play zone. Why malcomb is 10 yards behind his priority is a question of its own. When we rush 2 or 3 and give up big plays...FFS

Well Tom's INT was awful

Jules coughing up that ball sucked

This is the patriots, we expect perfection.

a bit too tricky for me

1) Rome was inactive.

2) Sheard played almost not at all.

3) Coleman played much too much.

They did cause a turnover, the refs blew the call.

Our coaching had a horrible game plan on defense, 0 preparation.
Our Offense turned the ball over there couple times, you can't do that against a team like Seattle. Our team did not play to win, they played not to lose.

Something isn't gelling with the Defense. Where was Rowe, was Long benched in the second half? I'm confused, we looked lousy on D.

Logan Ryan. Sigh.

Well, it could:

Avoid turnovers, especially fumbles
Stop getting stupid penalties
Succeed in getting the needed 1-2 yards when running the ball in goal line situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe