PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Unofficial Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is time to fix it.

Don't have the DTs and corners to fix it IMO. Their crap OLine did that to us?

Bright spots were the DEs other than Sheard.

Safety play doesn't help anything either

a bit too tricky for me

1) Rome was inactive.

2) Sheard played almost not at all.

3) Coleman played much too much.

2 and 3 leave me with lots of questions.

Time to call out the GM....

2016- no first rd pick, 2nd rd pick, can't beat out Logan Ryan, and can't not fumble kick returns
2015-1st pick, great Brown, 2nd pick CUT
2014- 1st rd pick CUT, 2nd rd Jimmy, good pick
2013-1st traded, two 2nds one CUT, the other traded for a 2018 4th rounder
2012-2 1st both home runs, then traded away for Cyrus Jones, Hightower great pick, 2nd rd CUT

That's 12 first or second round picks, only 4 remain on the team. Tough to make a team without the cheap rookie deals of high draft picks.

I hope everyone's ready for kaepernick to put up huge #s next week and convert third downs at will....

You can't fix suck. Logan Ryan sucks, the defensive line sucks, the pass rush sucks. There's nothing left really to do with it.

Idk why bill didn't draft another pass rusher. I like flowers. I hope he can keep playing snaps.

Hopefully Patricia is gone after this season. If the guy had Deion Sanders and Champ Bailey he'd still be play soft bs zone coverages and rush two people. What a joke

One of the ugliest passes Brady has thrown in years

One of the worst goal line offensive sets in years

Played zone and looked totally confused doing so.

Lots of things that can get cleaned up. These teams will always play to the last play.

I'm very concerned at the scheme employed today. The times the Pats got aggressive, Seattle regressed to recent form. 7-2 ain't the end of the world but the fact that Logan Ryan can't cover a damn anymore is worrisome.

As I've said before, the problem here is that BB is convinced that this "emphasize containment over pass rush" D is the best way to play against (A) mobile QBs, (B) bad QBs, and (C) QBs he's never seen before.

And unfortunately, that's pretty much everybody else left on the schedule.

Chris Long lacks "technical" pass rush skill. He's just a high motor guy that will keep coming at you but that's about it. I can't really remember one time this season where I've said "wow what a move" in regards to his pass rush. We're not paying him much but from a former 2nd OA pick who's had some decent numbers I was expecting a little bit more. Maybe injuries have effected him too much.

Time to call out the GM....

2016- no first rd pick, 2nd rd pick, can't beat out Logan Ryan, and can't not fumble kick returns
2015-1st pick, great Brown, 2nd pick CUT
2014- 1st rd pick CUT, 2nd rd Jimmy, good pick
2013-1st traded, two 2nds one CUT, the other traded for a 2018 4th rounder
2012-2 1st both home runs, then traded away for Cyrus Jones, Hightower great pick, 2nd rd CUT

That's 12 first or second round picks, only 4 remain on the team. Tough to make a team without the cheap rookie deals of high draft picks.
Jordan Richards cut?

Pretty bad game overall. And still almost stole it. So there's that.

Hated that 4th down call and execution of it.

Both our losses have been at home this season. Not like the Pats. Offense left alot of points out there with drops, fumbles and piss poor play calling. Our D stunk it up badly and if it cannot be rectified we will not win the SB if we make it and Seattle or Dallas is there.

That BUF game was nothing like the Patriots of the past decade. The only game even remotely similar was the Wind Bowl in Cassel's last game.

I feel like the biggest thing the Pats have going against them this year, especially on D, is their inability to force turnovers. It seems as though even when they get close, they just cannot capitalize. Previous Ds used to do it on the regular. I find that concerning.

Otherwise Seattle played a near flawless game. They got a lot of big plays. Some things could've gone either way but the Hawks won. They were the better team tonight, no doubt.

This loss will refocus the guys and light a fire in them. It sucks that it happened, but the Pats will still win the AFC East by at least 2 games, they will likely still win the AFC barring a disaster, and now have a reminder of the taste of defeat. Plus a manageable schedule for the next few weeks.

Oh, and could our defensive players please HOLD ONTO the interceptions for once? Please?

To me TD at end of 1st half with 70 secs left was inexcusable.

We're beatable and our defense looks horrible. 7-2 is still good, but I don't expect a 14-2 end. I bet we lose at least two more games.

Seattle is the most innocuous team for us to possibly have a loss like this against.

- Not in the division
- Not in the conference
- tough, close game where we got shown a reminder of what physical football looks like
It's not about losing, the offense hasn't showed me any signs of concern. Just a couple bad mistakes. We were one yard from dropping 30 on Seattle's defense.

The defense is why I'm really feeling bad about this one. It feels like a fatal flaw may have just been completely exposed. Still had hope before this one that the defense would step up and make a statement to show that they were up to the task.

Now, my faith in that is completely lost.

Jordan Richards cut?

Is he still on the team? Seriously? I haven't seen him all year, if he is, my bad.
Still an awful pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents