PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION OFFICIAL Super Bowl Bucs/Chiefs Game Thread

The Schottsie passing has touched a lot of them as many were kids when he was HC
Must've been tough for those kids to grow up knowing your mom is also your aunt.

Who's head are they asking for at the stake first? Bi-enemy, Fat Andy, Kelsie, OL?
Andy's getting heat. ST coach. GM as well

Alright: how about this as a counter strategy in retrospect...

Mahomes in shotgun. Both running backs (Edwards-Helaire and Williams) to the right and left of Mahomes. Is it called pony? Forces both linebackers to commit to them because David and White were what really wrecked the Chiefs by freelancing to either take away the middle or come in at Mahomes. With no threat of a running game, they were totally free.

The running backs can be used to block or creep out into space for a delayed screen or draw...or they can split out and cause the LBs to abandon the middle of the field. When split out, it opens up that middle for Hill, Kelce, and Hardman to take crossers as Tampa has those two safeties back. Might force the safeties up closer.

Just spitballing here...does that base offense strategy lead to perhaps a few touchdowns? It doesn’t do much to neutralize the pass rush, but it accounts for the LBs to allow for a short passing attack. The other strategy here is just don’t run any WR routes past 10 yards until you get TB out of that defense.

Still baffled about why Pats fans hate Travis Kelce so much. Which player doesn’t act ****y sometimes?

The guy is always gracious - win or lose - compliments others in a genuine way, and makes fun of himself.

I just don’t get it...we know he can’t block but not for lack of effort and he’s still a damn good player.

Tech question: how did you save them to a hard drive?
Torrents. Games are usually up within a couple hours of finish. In HD. Before that, DVD recorders. Back in the 90s, VHS. Some people use capture cards for their PC. Or if you really wanted to you could find a live stream and capture it with screen recording tech like cam studio. Sports is pretty much the only thing I watch so I cut the cord over ten years ago. Before it became popular. I have never had an issue streaming any game I want to watch. If you want to do it legally there are devices that will record from cable directly to a hard drive. You just have to rent a cable card from your provider. Spectrum (where I live) charges $2 a month. Some will give you an extra one for free from what I have heard. Lots of different options.

Still baffled about why Pats fans hate Travis Kelce so much. Which player doesn’t act ****y sometimes?

The guy is always gracious - win or lose - compliments others in a genuine way, and makes fun of himself.

I just don’t get it...we know he can’t block but not for lack of effort and he’s still a damn good player.

The way he prances around after every catch is insufferable. He just seems like the kind of guy who double park across two handicapped spots and then tells you to "Suck it" as you objected from your wheel chair. And it's not just Pats fans. He seems to be hated across the league.
Does this look like something a non douchebag would do?:

Attachments

• douchebag.jpg
    douchebag.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 7
I watched a bit of the game last night when it replayed on NFLN.

Brady was great but he wasn't the real MVP. It was both coordinators. They broke every tendencies they've had all year long. You name it- from running on first down to the tweaked coverages they threw at Mahomes. Their cover 2 shell was so deep the safeties were practically in the parking lot. The biggest thing to me was how much they changed the defense post-snap. Very disciplined- that D played lights out, assignment, alignment, responsibility. The offense had plenty of plays from our playbook- some of you probably recognized the famous "Charles Barkley" trap pass and the inside fake cut route that Edelman did, that AB copied for his TD.

As has been pointed out many times here, KC never bothered to adjust, never bothered to bring a new gameplan. Hubris was Reid's downfall.

I've bagged on both coordinators all season long. Have to now take my hat off to them.

In either their first or second playoff game, @KontradictioN was the first to recognize that Bowles had been playing rope-a-dope during the regular season and had flipped the script in the postseason. I have to acknowledge that he was right.

Never would have occured to me that Bowles would be capable of doing something like that- so naturally I have to eat some crow here, but more unpleasant is the thought that he fooled me as well.
Inside fake cut, squirrel route, lol = Whip route.

I admit. I've softened my position on him. Before he was known for disrespecting Tom before the Div game in 2015, pushing coaches and losing his composure during games but he seems to have gotten himself under control.

I also think hes matured a little. Hes still a little over the top but so is Gronk.

L.M.F.A.O.

Something about that whole situation is just so weird it’s hilarious. Can just imagine this dude sleeping at the bottom of Tom and Gisele’s bed.

1612972132020.jpeg

L.M.F.A.O.

Something about that whole situation is just so weird it’s hilarious. Can just imagine this dude sleeping at the bottom of Tom and Gisele’s bed.

View attachment 30382
Meanwhile his kids have been watching their dad play In a super bowl almost every year of their young lives.

L.M.F.A.O.

View attachment 30382
I still think that the supplements he gets from dude is sketchy.
Bill didn’t call him a snake oil salesman and Bar him from the rest of the team for no reason.
Also think about the A Rod situation when he was with A Rod and using PEDs.
Somethings that have occurred have me questioning this.

Tom goes from not being able to throw the deep ball to leading the NFL in passes In the air over 20 yards.
Gronks comments about Tom needing to stop lifting because he is overthrowing him.
Let’s also talk about how in 2014 when Jimmy was drafted Bill and Mike talked and said Tom was on a clear decline he’s going to retire soon.
We can say it’s fire we can say it’s work ethic. His nutrition his supplements.
Something is amiss with this and everyone is just ignoring it.
Sounds like it could be a huge bombshell.
With knowing how competitive Tom is does anyone really think he wouldn’t take every angle to win.
I believe he would run over his own mother to win a race.
That’s Tom
But getting better stronger faster better release on the ball.

I think Bill knew something was up and didn’t want to be a part of it.
Bill has enough so called asterisks he didn’t want this one which is why he went on record with his disproval of Guerrero.
Think about that he never calls anyone out in a negative way.
He made sure to let the world know he doesn’t like or trust Guerrero.

Bill didn’t call him a snake oil salesman and Bar him from the rest of the team for no reason.

Tom goes from not being able to throw the deep ball to leading the NFL in passes In the air over 20 yards.
Gronks comments about Tom needing to stop lifting because he is overthrowing him.
Let’s also talk about how in 2014 when Jimmy was drafted Bill and Mike talked and said Tom was on a clear decline he’s going to retire soon.
With knowing how competitive Tom is does anyone really think he wouldn’t take every angle to win.
That’s Tom

Bill has enough so called asterisks he didn’t want this one which is why he went on record with his disproval of Guerrero.

Chris, usually you’re an interesting poster with some amusing opinions.

This isn’t one of them.

This is the lowest level of rumor mongering. You have zero evidence and ignore the significant counter-evidence that exists in the NFL’s performance enhancing drug testing program.

You were wrong that Brady was cooked last year. It happens. We’re all wrong about things. Own it and don’t do this pathetic doubling down that you were right and there’s something bad behind the scenes. You’re better than that.

That’s Tom

This is the dumbest post in PatsFans history.

Absolutely deserving of the Goodell Clown emoji.

Brady was in decline in 2014? Are you Trent Dilfer?

When did Brady struggle throwing the long ball? Did he struggle when he had Cooks and Hogan? Did he struggle when he had Gronk?

In the last two years his receiver options were Edelman who’s a short/medium route runner, the corpse of Hogan, mr. unreliable Josh Gordon, Phillip Dorsett who was good for one route, N’Keal Harry who isn’t good for even one route, undrafted Jacoby Meyers and one game of Antonio Brown.

So imagine the shock when he goes from that thrash to a team with Evans, Godwin, Miller, Brown and Gronk, all of whom can run and catch deep routes.

To say that he would gladly cheat just so he can win is such a stupid take, but i’m not surprised by IBWT zombies nonsense anymore. Shame on you for thrashing the teams greatest player because he left the team.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back