PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION OFFICIAL Super Bowl Bucs/Chiefs Game Thread

Chronically one of the worst teams in the league to champs. I remember the first few games they played this year, it’s was a mess but slowly you saw the change. It was a great accomplishment to win the Super Bowl and anyone devaluing it is a loser.
It's more devaluing it by this narrative that they are a cr@p team and Brady dragged then to a superbowl.

They were a team with ALOT of talent on both sides of the ball but had a QB who threw 30 interceptions. Can't win with 30 turnovers.

This year they replaced winston with Brady, added guys like Gronk, brown, fournette. Brady is the straw that stirs the drink. But let's not devalue the talent on this roster.

I actively rooted against the Buccaneers all year, but just couldn’t do it tonight and cheered on the GOAT. I don’t like how it ended here and and I especially HATE the need for some posters on here to use Brady’s success to denigrate Belichick, but ultimately Brady brought so much joy to me as a sports fan that last 20 years, I couldn’t root against him.

I’m especially happy to hear that the Mahomes GOAT talk is now officially done now and forever. Mahomes could go on to win the next 10 Super Bowls in a row, but he was never able to beat the greatest to ever do it when it mattered.

Mahomes’ cap hit climbs $20 mill next year, then another $5 mill the next year, and then another $10 mill the following year. It’s going to be difficult for the Chiefs to hold onto or add talent.

They’re gonna have to draft well. Watkins was invisible in this game. They likely will lose him. Kelce will be one year older.

Mahomes’ cap hit climbs $20 mill next year, then another $5 mill the next year, and then another $10 mill the following year. It’s going to be difficult for the Chiefs to hold onto or add talent.

They’re gonna have to draft well. Watkins was invisible in this game. They likely will lose him. Kelce will be one year older.

But you are talking about a 7-9 team with Jameis Winston as QB. That is going from a bottom tier QB to a top tier QB.

Let's say the Pats trade for Carson Wentz and put a lot more pieces around him next year. If the Pats win the Super Bowl next year, are we going to give Wentz all the credit for it?

Brady definitely was a key piece this year, but the Bucs were a lot closer to being a contender than people give them credit for.
Of course they were. Brady turns any team into a superbowl contender.

But you are talking about a 7-9 team with Jameis Winston as QB. That is going from a bottom tier QB to a top tier QB.

Let's say the Pats trade for Carson Wentz and put a lot more pieces around him next year. If the Pats win the Super Bowl next year, are we going to give Wentz all the credit for it?

Brady definitely was a key piece this year, but the Bucs were a lot closer to being a contender than people give them credit for.

No. Sorry. Brady went there and changed the playcalling, the attitudes and the culture to a winning one.

You're not getting that from a Matty ice or whatever.

After this game Pats need an injection of youth and speed at the LB position and
Gronk past his prime outplaying Kelce in the superbowl was so good

To be fair Kelce had a good game and was the best player for KC today.

Here is what I'll say. Tom Brady went onto a franchise that has typically been a dud and they went into the SB and looked like they were the 20 year long dynasty who had been there before and brimming with confidence and the defending champs who lost 1 real game all season with the league phenom looked like they were challenging a juggernaut and praying for life. Tampa Bay looked like they felt that title was theres. Brady's effect was insane.

They didn’t take many deep shot today. First time all year

Kelce is soft. Just so we're clear he isn't a complete tight end like Gronk- he's a WR.

I agree for the most part but he has gotten better. But not to a Gronk level

Chris Jones making excuses aver the game talking abou the calls and being less aggressive lol. Did chris jones do anything in this game? He was dominated.
Good thing about blowout, they can't use any excuse that is credible.

Here is what I'll say. Tom Brady went onto a franchise that has typically been a dud and they went into the SB and looked like they were the 20 year long dynasty who had been there before and brimming with confidence and the defending champs who lost 1 real game all season with the league phenom looked like they were challenging a juggernaut and praying for life. Tampa Bay looked like they felt that title was theres. Brady's effect was insane.
I was about to post this exact comment. The Bucs looked like the seasoned dynasty. They absolutely smacked down KC on both sides and made almost no mistakes while KC self-destructed all over the field. The Brady effect is palpable when you watch his teams play.

Remember that Brady's #1 destination was SF and he called Shanahan and Lynch and they passed on him. They also would've had Gronk, Brown and probably Fournette. LOL.

You think they would take a mulligan on that one?

All I can say is this... I have never in my life seen the media so quick to declare a "dynasty" as they did the Chiefs last year...

An awful lot of teams have won 1 in a row....
Hill was talking about 7, maybe he meant he hoped to score a TD in SB 55 ?

Bucs have a lot of key free agents but i would still put them ahead of the packers and Seahawks to get to the super bowl again. Arians said they likely will extend brady to open up more cap space.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back