PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Preseason Game 2 Thread Pats @ Texans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Preseason stat: Pats D has given up most points in this NFL preseason (58) after 2 games ...though the Chargers are sure to secure worst preseason D accolades after playing their second game.

It was a good game, lots of data for the coaching staff to work all over it.

Didn't they get destroyed by Suh and the Lions in preseason years ago? Like 41-? Wrath of God end of the world type beatdown?

These preseason games mean next to nothing except for conditioning, evaluations and coaches trying different things out there.
Belichick isn't going to show major ingame adjustments. It's all vanilla and smokescreens compared to what we see week1. They go in there and take away what they do best and force them to try and beat them another way. The personal and formations change but the philosophy remains the same.

Cooks caught one 7 yard pass and Edelman none. We weren't even trying (from a scheme standpoint) on offense. BB is focused on the back end of the roster and maybe showcasing guys for a trade.

Cooks caught one 7 yard pass and Edelman none. We weren't even trying (from a scheme standpoint) on offense. BB is focused on the back end of the roster and maybe showcasing guys for a trade.

I'm in the "Lewis is on this team camp", but do you think with so many RB options that he might in fact be showcased ? Again, I'd be surprised and I hope it's not the case, but I wouldn't be stunned either. If BB can get value for Lewis while retaining Bolden or (preferably) Foster, he might be tempted based more on Lewis' ability to stay healthy vs his production.

Pretty entertaining game. I didn't want to cut Coleman before this game and less so after this performance. Kidder was decent at de and might deserve a long look. I expected something more from David Harris and Shaugnessy. Shaughnessy looked beat up and I didn't like his blocking.

Preseason/Training Camp is to get your body used to taking some punishment and what you have to do to get back out there the next day. Learning the playbook. Bonding with teammates. Learning, trying some new techniques.

It's about looking at one or 2 guys instead of the team to see how those individuals fit in the big picture.

Seems the Lions and Jets are taking a different approach for each other.

I'm in the "Lewis is on this team camp", but do you think with so many RB options that he might in fact be showcased ? Again, I'd be surprised and I hope it's not the case, but I wouldn't be stunned either. If BB can get value for Lewis while retaining Bolden or (preferably) Foster, he might be tempted based more on Lewis' ability to stay healthy vs his production.
I have these thoughts. In the end, I think Bill will keep the top 53. Lewis is a game breaker on a good value contract. I think he stays and I would not be surprised if Foster does as well, though I get the numbers.

• Agree
Reactions: jah
Said to my buddy during the game... "remember a few years ago when Detroit blew them out in preseason...everyone panicked....pats still went 12-4

'04 team went 1-3 in the preseason. Gave up something like 85-90 points and only scored 2o points in the last 3 preseason games. Was a lot of "SB hangover talk". Ya only ended up losing 2 games out of 19 that year and won another SB.

Lewis will be a major part of this offense if he stays healthy.
In 2015 before being injured he played about 65% of the offensive snaps.
It is very possible he plays the most snaps of any RB this season.

Didn't they get destroyed by Suh and the Lions in preseason years ago? Like 41-? Wrath of God end of the world type beatdown?

These preseason games mean next to nothing except for conditioning, evaluations and coaches trying different things out there.
Belichick isn't going to show major ingame adjustments. It's all vanilla and smokescreens compared to what we see week1. They go in there and take away what they do best and force them to try and beat them another way. The personal and formations change but the philosophy remains the same.

That was the game Willie Young taunted Brady after pressuring him to throw an incomplete pass. Brady had this "who the hell is this guy" reaction.

New England Patriots QB Tom Brady taunted by Detroit Lions defensive end Willie Young

bitter-sweet for those who believed in Cooper here . played at LG
(Kline played well for TEN as well)

No regrets for giving the job to Thuney . just goes to show that “trash to gold“ (don't care for this terminology) works the other way too.

Somewhat ironically Cooper who was waived by the Pats w what seemed like uncertain position at IOL at the beginning of last season leaving them w loads of dead money (and later waived by CLE as well) is now on verge of taking starting LG job w arguably the best OL unit of last year.

I didn't have a chance to watch him last night, but he looked meh in the HoF game. And then saw someone from the Cardinals board confirm the same thing. I guess he improved in the last two games? Then again that is PFF and completely worthless.

Something I wasn't too sure about. But Ebner played some snaps in the 1st drive. He let a RB break one of his tackles.

'04 team went 1-3 in the preseason. Gave up something like 85-90 points and only scored 2o points in the last 3 preseason games. Was a lot of "SB hangover talk". Ya only ended up losing 2 games out of 19 that year and won another SB.

That was the pre season BB benched the starters and then had them played in the 4th quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back