PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Preseason Game 2 Thread Pats @ Texans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something I wasn't too sure about. But Ebner played some snaps in the 1st drive. He let a RB break one of his tackles.

Yep. I was surprised to see Ebner during the replay as the one who whiffed a tackle. I guess he might be one of the emergency subs in case Chung gets injured.

Is DJ Foster a lock to make the team? He's still a bit of a project and can line up at two positions the Pats are absolutely stacked at, but he's versatile and is improving.

I think Foster is too good to cut. Of these 5 (Gillislee/Burkhead/Lewis/White/Foster), it appears the weakest pure runner would actually be White imo.

I think Foster is too good to cut. Of these 5 (Gillislee/Burkhead/Lewis/White/Foster), it appears the weakest pure runner would actually be White imo.
Fortunately for White his contribution to the team isn't dependent on how well he matches up with the others as a pure runner.

Last week we had to make room for Carr and Fumblin' Foster wasn't on the radar. Now we've got to make room for Foster and Carr's a luxury we don't need, I guess?

You guys sure make a lot of important decision on a few quarters of preseason football. I like Foster since the crying on the phone to his grandma, video, but I won't be surprised if he and Carr are both cut so we can keep Richards and Jacoby.

Bolden is the odd man out. He's not as versatile as Lewis and his ST contributions could come from Burkhead. I would hang on to Foster.

Last week we had to make room for Carr and Fumblin' Foster wasn't on the radar. Now we've got to make room for Foster and Carr's a luxury we don't need, I guess?

You guys sure make a lot of important decision on a few quarters of preseason football. I like Foster since the crying on the phone to his grandma, video, but I won't be surprised if he and Carr are both cut so we can keep Richards and Jacoby.
People bagging on Foster for fumbling were reaching. But his versatility is something that Belichick tends to appreciate. Bolden seems to be the odd man out in the RB group. Of course I've been wrong more than I can count on 50 hands. But, if we're projecting roster spots, I think Foster will play his way onto the roster.

Is DJ Foster a lock to make the team? He's still a bit of a project and can line up at two positions the Pats are absolutely stacked at, but he's versatile and is improving.

How many do you keep?

Gillislee, Burkhead, White
Develin, Lewis
Bolden, Foster

Bolden is the odd man out. He's not as versatile as Lewis and his ST contributions could come from Burkhead. I would hang on to Foster.

Foster is gone, IMO. He blew two blitz pickups last night if I remember- and with BB, it doesn't matter how good or versatile you are out of the backfield, if you can't pick up the blitz, you are toast.

Foster is gone, IMO. He blew two blitz pickups last night if I remember- and with BB, it doesn't matter how good or versatile you are out of the backfield, if you can't pick up the blitz, you are toast.

Fair point, I agree that BB definitely values pass protection and while I can't comment on Bolden's level of blocking, from what I have seen Foster is behind all of Burkhead/Lewis/White in this respect.

That's a good point, actually. And one I hadn't considered. I suppose it would come down to whether or not the team sees Foster spending the majority of his snaps in the slot or in the backfield.

Yeah, but for real this time, not like all those other years where he was the odd man out.
IMO, if he makes the team, he's the odd man in.

Gotta love how people completely overrate what some fringe players can do based on tape against second and third stringers.

There is a reason why Bolden looked so decisive and dynamic in those first two preseason games. It is because he is playing against people that will be on the streets in two weeks. Same is true for most of Carr, Hollister(s), Lucien, Foster & co.

Curious to see the reasoning behind Foster being a better runner than White. That will be pretty epic..

Bolden's toast, guys. The sooner you get used to it, the better. When Foster makes this team, I'll be sure to bump this thread and remind all of you that you were wrong on the internet.

@Cunk.... Bolden is a goner. He's trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft