PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pre Game Thread #4 - Giants @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spent the 2nd half focused on Moore on defense and Croston on offense. I have to say, I wasn't disappointed.

Croston again very solid all game, PP as always, improved run blocking (good combo with JO88). #4G and #4T in my book. Id certainly keep him over Waddle.

Moore was up and down both on D and ST but bounced back nicely towards the end.

Feel bad for the kid.
He finally was getting confidence in his returns and now he needs to rehab and learn to cut and have confidence and fearlessness in that knee.
I don't think he ever becomes a complete player for us he doesn't put it all together here.
He seems like she's hexed here and my thought is the best thing for both parties is a clean break.

I don't believe in hexes, so if you throw that out I'm just not really sure how being released benefits him. Say we do cut him, then what? He gets an injury settlement, then some other team signs him and IRs him. Then what? How is he any better off than being on the Pats IR?

Croston again very solid all game, PP as always, improved run blocking (good combo with JO88). #4G and #4T in my book. Id certainly keep him over Waddle.

Moore was up and down both on D and ST but bounced back nicely towards the end.

I didn't pay any real attention to the OL in this game, but that's good to hear. So would your OL be Solder - Thuney - Andrews - Mason - Cannon - Fleming - Karras - Croton? This assumes Garcia is IRed, which I don't see how he could not be at this point.

I hear you I know the board thought before he was having confidence issues and wasn't sure of himself.
Now with this injury it's a whole lot more for him to overcome.

I love people saying this player or that player is doing good but he's going against bums. They are going against guys that are good enough to be in NFL camps. People make it sound like every team has 53 good players and then they go to the local park and find another 37 guys just hanging out with nothing better to do.

Feel bad for the kid.
He finally was getting confidence in his returns and now he needs to rehab and learn to cut and have confidence and fearlessness in that knee.
I don't think he ever becomes a complete player for us he doesn't put it all together here.
He seems like he is hexed here and my thought is the best thing for both parties is a clean break.

So much for my sophomore binkie it seems. Opens door for last year binkie Foster though.

My thought is this might be blessing in disguise for Cy. He was coming along better in PR but struggled in every D spot they put him. Possibly tough rehab w Jules turns the switch in his head..

When Croston played guard, or when he played tackle? Or both?

A bit at guard, more at tackle. Very steady in pass protection in particular.

I despise chris harper. He cost us homefield advantage In 2015, which cost us a trip to the super bowl.
Time to let go of that. In any team sport, it should never come down to that kind of play. If Brady doesn't throw 2 interceptions against Denver, Chris Harper doesn't matter. The bottom line in 2015 was injured players. Let it go.

Time to let go of that. In any team sport, it should never come down to that kind of play. If Brady doesn't throw 2 interceptions against Denver, Chris Harper doesn't matter. The bottom line in 2015 was injured players. Let it go.

That whole game sucked. Phantom PI against Gronk. BS BS BS BS BS

I love people saying this player or that player is doing good but he's going against bums. They are going against guys that are good enough to be in NFL camps. People make it sound like every team has 53 good players and then they go to the local park and find another 37 guys just hanging out with nothing better to do.

I don't think anyone's suggesting that. Just pointing out making plays against a team's 7th corner is a whole lot different than making plays against a corner who's good enough to make an NFL gameday roster. The 90th guy is good, but even the 45th guy is much better.

This is the level of competition that made a lot of people think Zach Sudfeld was a sleeper who could capably stand in for Gronk.

So much for my sophomore binkie it seems. Opens door for last year binkie Foster though.

My thought is this might be blessing in disguise for Cy. He was coming along better in PR but struggled in every D spot they put him. Possibly tough rehab w Jules turns the switch in his head..

The ironic thing is that on the play where he was injured he actually covered his guy well.

Any report or just the conjecture and reporting that Patriots think it's torn.
We should do Cyrus a favor and release him.
He's had a disasterous career thus far.
If I didn't know better I would say his jersey must be number 17.

Should we cut Butler too? Jones has probably had a better preseason than him

What a crappy preseason for this team with the injuries. Gotta cross out fingers with the season. That's why you have take to 5 wrs. So who makes the team at CB now that Cyrus might be out for the year

He isn't good, but I'm skeptical that a replacement brought in off the street will be better. Here's hoping.

First, please know I think you are a great poster here.

Cyrus Jones is an elite athlete. Some guys need time to develop. Now is a time to think about a kid who blew out his knee and faces a very uncertain future. If anybody reading this is a true football fan, please understand and comment on how much it took for theses kids to get to the point where they could play in a 4th preseason game for the New England Patriots.

If any of us could get this far...

There is no time I hate more than cut downs. We all will move on, but the kids who got so close, and their families, will think about this week for the rest of their lives. Let's honor that.

I, for one, hope to see Cyrus Jones out there next August competing for a roster spot. Right along with Julian Edelman.

Last edited:

Should we cut Butler too? Jones has probably had a better preseason than him

Come on that's a ridiculous comparison.
I loved Butlers strip in the Detroit game by the way.

The ironic thing is that on the play where he was injured he actually covered his guy well.

.. trying to make up for that one step he always seems behind.. Still he did put a great fight to overcome all preseason . and with all the criticism from fans . he will now be sorely missed as PR..

useful lists for last minute predictions..

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes