PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pre Game Thread #4 - Giants @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, I didn't get to watch the game last night. I've got the DVR set up to catch the NFLNetwork replay.

Beside C. Jones, I also heard that Woodrow Hamilton limped off last night and was unable to put pressure on one leg. Anyone hear a follow-up on what the nature was? "knee"? "leg"? Ankle?
It was his ankle and he was back in later after getting it wrapped. Good sign as regards his toughness.

Actually he is (or can be). Played S in college and w Bengals (this preseason).
Don't look at numbers, watch tape..

He spent only 2 years playing safety in College and spent 2 years at LB. He's been at OLB for the Bengals..

At 250 lbs, he's not a SS hybrid..
I wouldn't believe the 250# weight. He was 231 at his 2014 pro day, and was listed at 245 in the Lindy's 2017 pre-season mag.

Off-season Pat WR Devin Street waived by Houston, and BC alum DB Will Blackmon released by Redskins.

I wonder if Street has any PR experience, or if Blackmon has anything left at all.

I don't know how far back you go, but the Pats have had far worse announcers doing preseason games. Far, far, worse.

I go back to 1961 [doubt you'd see one then]. Let's face it, it's a matter of taste. His style annoys the hell out of me in many ways and they do always seem to have horrendous pre-season announcers, for some reason. It's like Kraft signed a contract with the devil.

They'd be much better off with Chatham doing color and ditch those dorks in the mattress store too.

I love people saying this player or that player is doing good but he's going against bums. They are going against guys that are good enough to be in NFL camps. People make it sound like every team has 53 good players and then they go to the local park and find another 37 guys just hanging out with nothing better to do.

Or maybe home depot parking lot.

Finkle is Einhorn

giphy.gif

Unfortunately, I didn't get to watch the game last night. I've got the DVR set up to catch the NFLNetwork replay.

Beside C. Jones, I also heard that Woodrow Hamilton limped off last night and was unable to put pressure on one leg. Anyone hear a follow-up on what the nature was? "knee"? "leg"? Ankle?

Not sure, but I remember him going off, but returning and putting in a lot of effort and making plays on what still seemed to be a gimpy leg. No report besides that.

It was 8 minutes left. The patriots were up 21-7....Denver punted. If Harper fields that cleanly, our offense would have ran down the clock most likely. That play had a HUGE impact on the game, and our season. No way around it. That fumble cost us the game

Or, you know, the ST coach could have done his job better and told Harper to fair catch - no matter what. Or the defense could gave stopped Osweiler. Or the refs could have not bailed Denver out on third down in our redzone after a sack with a laughable PI on Chung. Or Chung could gave not dropped a game ending INT on Denvers final drive.

There are so many things that went wrong that evening.. its pointless to blame specific players for that.

It is the same intellectually lazy reductionism that still blames the dropkick for the Eagles loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes