Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Who do you want to see OUT?

• Mac Jones OUT! Let us see Zappe!

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Matt Patricia OUT! Let someone else call the offensive plays!

Votes: 102 79.7%
  • Joe Judge OUT! He is ruining our Quarterbacks!

Votes: 48 37.5%
  • KEEP them ALL - I have complete FAITH in the choices BB has made so far this season!

Votes: 5 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Matt Light was on the radio the other day and confirmed my belief that BB has not figured out how to adjust to the new practice rules. He went on to stress that by drastically reducing the number of practices it eliminated BB's ability to prepare players of marginal talent to play as a team. Until he figures it out, or the team truly bottoms out, I am starting to fear that things will stay the same until we get a new coach who knows how to tank.

The new practice rules began in 2011 with the new CBA ending the lockout that year. How come it’s only now such a glaring liability as soon as Brady leaves?

full

@Ross12 - Here's that scramble play
Well, at least now we know most of the WRs didn’t give up on the play.

Parker got forced OOB… theoretically he should be allowed to establish himself in bounds again but that rule has been enforced poorly against the Pats this year already, it looks like he decided to stay out of bounds once he was out.

Bourne was extremely open for like, almost the entire play. Jeez.

I think he was throwing it away and just didn't get enough on it.

Yeah, watching the play. No one was open. And he threw it to an area where there really was no one around. The defender jumped for the ball. Bourne was open in the corner end zone of the opposite end of the field, but even Josh Allen or Mahomes couldn’t make that pass.

I didn't see that, I was looking at the other side. Was that who you were talking about @Kontradiction in the left corner of the end zone?

Man...he was standing there waving at him... :oops:

Well, at least now we know most of the WRs didn’t give up on the play.

Parker got forced OOB… theoretically he should be allowed to establish himself in bounds again but that rule has been enforced poorly against the Pats this year already, it looks like he decided to stay out of bounds once he was out.

The problem was that Jones didn’t have time to throw when he was on that side of the field and there were several defenders in a few yards front of Bourne meaning I wouldnt have wanted Jones throw the ball in that situation unless I was sure he could step into the throw. It was the best chance for a TD, but it was also the best chance of an INT.

When Jones got to the other side of the field, it would have been like a 50 yard pass across his body. As I said, Allen and Mahomes couldn’t make a pass like that.

Exposed as what?

He took over a dismal 3-13 Cleveland Browns team and then progressively built that franchise up to 6-10, 7-9, 7-9, then 11-5 and a playoff win over New England. Classic team building process. Then they decided to move to Baltimore and BB was stuck in the middle of a team catastrophe, and they went 5-11.
5 seasons. 1 season above.500. 1 playoff win. That's dismal.

Now he's on his third rebuild. He needs a chance to make it work.

The man knows what the hell he's doing. He's been phenomenal at this for a long, long time.

Rebuilds take time everyone.
You're still clinging to IBWT despite his gross mishandling of the offensive staff? We're 12 weeks into the third season of the "rebuild" and the offense is blatantly heading in the wrong direction.

LMFAO. This is what Patsfans would sound like. Dude screaming sounds like our Capt.

5 seasons. 1 season above.500. 1 playoff win. That's dismal.

In a vacuum, yes. Not when you take into context the fact that he was doing a complete rebuild from a 3-win organization. This stuff takes time, you know. He had them moving in the right direction, clearly.

You're still clinging to IBWT despite his gross mishandling of the offensive staff? We're 12 weeks into the third season of the "rebuild" and the offense is blatantly heading in the wrong direction.

Well for sure the offense looks like dog crap, and I'm not at all happy with the offensive staff. But BB had done two successful rebuilds and I believe he will be successful in this third.

The Eagles won the Super Bowl in 2017 (the SB was obviously Feb 2018). Then they did a rebuild. Obviously their starting point was better than what Cleveland's was when Belichick took over.

9-7
9-7
4-11-1
9-8
10-1 this year

These things take time.

I mean, how long do you think it OUGHT to take to rebuild back to a SB contending team? What's a reasonable expectation?

full

@Ross12 - Here's that scramble play
So that answers my question. I think Parker was trying to tell Mac don't throw to him which is why he camped out on the sidelines.

Sorry to say it but we will be in the wilderness for the foreseeable future. The Pats have completely f**ked up the rebuild.

- BB is gonna be 72 next year. At this point you have to question is he the one to lead us out of the wilderness when it may take another 3-4 years.

- he hired his buddies to run key positions they aren’t qualified to run. Will he fire them or move them if Kraft demands it?

- our 1st round QB has badly regressed. If we have to go back to the well it could be years before we hit on the right QB and develop him.

- Kraft is 82. He’s gotta be pissed.

- our o-line is in shambles, complete shambles.

- WR and TE is weak and needs upgrading (again).

If BB wants to continue the Patricia/Judge experiment next year then I hope we blow it all up. It may take Jonathon Kraft to convince Robert to make that call.

You were saying those transactions contributed to the 5-11 season.
He was getting rid of talented players to establish a new culture, a new style of play, new defense, etc. in favor of older guys who were not as good. Again, I don't see anything contradictory here. You understood what I was saying. I'm talking about the whole process of what he did in those years.

If he doesn't tear it down and go 5-11, then he doesn't build it the way he wanted to, and it took him 3 years to build it.

Sorry to say it but we will be in the wilderness for the foreseeable future. The Pats have completely f**ked up the rebuild.

- BB is gonna be 72 next year. At this point you have to question is he the one to lead us out of the wilderness when it may take another 3-4 years.

- he hired his buddies to run key positions they aren’t qualified to run. Will he fire them or move them if Kraft demands it?

- our 1st round QB has badly regressed. If we have to go back to the well it could be years before we hit on the right QB and develop him.

- Kraft is 82. He’s gotta be pissed.

- our o-line is in shambles, complete shambles.

- WR and TE is weak and needs upgrading (again).

If BB wants to continue the Patricia/Judge experiment next year then I hope we blow it all up. It may take Jonathon Kraft to convince Robert to make that call.
Were 6-6 not 1-11. Just figure out QB and the rest will follow.

It kinda isn’t. Here was the full view of the play. The play was supposed to go to Parker (it is clear he first looks to Parker) who was the sole receiver on the right side of the line. Parker was covered. By the time he turned to the left side of the field and Henry looked back for the ball, the defender was in his face. To say that Jones could have gotten it to Henry is a lie. This was not Mac Jones’ fault.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back