Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Who do you want to see OUT?

• Mac Jones OUT! Let us see Zappe!

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Matt Patricia OUT! Let someone else call the offensive plays!

Votes: 102 79.7%
  • Joe Judge OUT! He is ruining our Quarterbacks!

Votes: 48 37.5%
  • KEEP them ALL - I have complete FAITH in the choices BB has made so far this season!

Votes: 5 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i am not a big curran fan anymore after his whole brady diatribe vs pats but he is spot on with this
Through 12 games, the Patriots have 21 offensive touchdowns. Swear to God, they are going to be worse than the Cam Newton-led 2020 Patriots. No lie.

That team with a quarterback who couldn’t throw anymore had 27 touchdowns at this point and finished the season with 32. In 16 games. With Damiere Byrd, N’Keal Harry and second-year Jakobi Meyers as the main wideouts and 13-catch Ryan Izzo as the lead tight end.

Mark it down: This year’s offense in 17 games won’t find the end zone as much as that one did in 16. With an offense that’s second in positional spending at wide receiver ($35.2M) and first -- FIRST -- at tight end ($23.7M). Just to tie off the comparison, the Patriots' 2020 wideout spending was 27th in the league and tight ends was 32nd.

How in God’s name can you go the WRONG WAY on the first third down of the game and fumble the football? They did. They found a way.

In the next 27 minutes of play they gave up a third-and-11, saw Trent Brown whistled for holding, saw Rhamondre Stevenson fumble (Patriots recovered), got called for DPI on a third-and-9, allowed a 28-yard run, committed a penalty during a kickoff return, lost a yard on first-and-10 from their own 9, followed that by getting called for a hold and an intentional grounding on the same play, took a delay-of-game on a punt, failed to touch a receiver who was on the ground, quit on a third-and-goal play in the end zone allowing a touchdown, went three-and-out, went three-and-out again, allowed a 41-yard touchdown bomb to Stefon Diggs, saw that wiped out by penalty (YAY!), strip-sacked Josh Allen (DOUBLE YAY!!!) then situationally mismanaged -- for the second week in a row -- the end of the first half.

The Patriots are a tentative, situationally dumb team. They don’t have enough offensive coaches. They don’t have enough offensive coaching acumen. A portion of the appeal with Matt Patricia and Joe Judge is that they came cheap (both are still collecting from the teams that fired them), were available and aren’t about to go running off to new jobs.

Do you think Mac is allowed to change plays?

I really don't know... But he's the QB darn it and sometimes, like on your first drive of the game in front of the home fans who are looking for a reason to cheer, a QB's gotta show everyone that he's gonna get just as dirty as his teammates and just ram it down their ****ing throats himself, coaches be dammed...

Last edited:
My wife said the same thing. That play was going on way too long for guys not to be running around and trying to help him out.
but they complain about no deep passing plays or how the offense is called. it maybe true but the effort level on this team barring mac,mondre and meyers is really average. henry not stepping out of bounds vs minn, jonnu fumbling, bourne pouting and fumbling ,agholor giving up on plays and fumbling..

That was Entirely Onwenu's fault. Just a HORRIBLE blocking attempt.

And just WHY THE **** was Agholor standing in the BACK of the EZ instead of closer to the GL so he could give Corky a bigger target?!? More ****ing stupidity from the Stupidest ****ing WR in Football.

Last edited:
I hear you, but there's a little bit of a contrast there.

Josh Allen - 6'5", 237-pounds
Mac Jones - 6'3", 214-pounds

Josh Allen > Mac Jones

Allen's much bigger and much stronger. Big difference between those two body-wise.
ha ha, fair point. I really don't want mac jumping into piles!

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
ha ha, fair point. I really don't want mac jumping into piles!
I did say last night that Allen has this thing where he looks like he's going out of bounds and then keeps going because he knows guys are going to let up and not hit him. So I think teams need to start drilling him until he eventually stops doing that.

Why was it automatic Patricia would be so bad at this? Because he was a defensive coach?

Patricia would not be the first to make the transition and succeed.

I'm an old bake-head, so apologies for asking: But just Who Exactly was the first one again...?

It has failed, but it was not a foregone conclusion. Patricia was excellent on defense. Belichick himself has spent many years planning the offense, and he's a defensive coach, so I'm sure in his mind, this had the probability of working out quite well.

Of course it was a foregone conclusion. Mere logic alone dictated it would be.

Last edited:
By who? Be specific.
Got no beef here but wanna play, so I'm just gonna write as I think

Jerrah if "dem boys" go one and done this season?

Bolts?

Donkeys?

Jax?

Uhm. Cleveland?

KC if Reid retires?

...Tampa?

Brady is the GOAT. Stop it.

Bledsoe is a perfect example how the scheme and coaching can make a QB look bad if it is a wrong fit. Bledsoe's problem was he wasn't a scheme fit for what the Pats wanted to run. He went to the Bills and the following year he made the Pro Bowl. You do realize in 2002 that Bledsoe was a Pro Bowler and Brady wasn't? The year after Brady replaced Bledsoe as the Patriots starter. So you think Mac Jones is a Pro Bowl caliber QB.

Probably didn't want to ruin Zappe forever. Zappe would have been a disaster last night with defenders breaking through the o-line without being touched.
72z3k2.jpg

Along with OL, WR is a massive need.

As is RB, NT, ILB, Outside CB, ED, FS and Punter... But yeah OL is a massive, Multi-Player need at Both Tackles & Center of the Future; and WR needs Upgrayedds from Agholor, Bourne, Parker & Meyers, ALL of whom could very easily be elsewhere next season.

Exactly . Sum of parts made bill look better than what we thought . McDaniels + scar + Flores + Ernie .

Now with all of them gone and with sycophants ruling the roost , the results are pretty glaring.

Bill might be wise to call it a day else he might get exposed more .
I won't go this far. Bill is actually still great. Pure speculation on my end, so you can feel free to blast me for it... but I think he finally won his power struggle with Brady and now has way too much unchecked control on the team and can't manage it all and is starting to realize he has bad people and can't manage it all.

He's kinda like that master villain in a movie that's pretty cool and badass, but for some reason hired some bumbling henchman who screw everything up.

My wife said the same thing. That play was going on way too long for guys not to be running around and trying to help him out.
That's one play I really want to see the All-22 on...

I don't think BB has forgotten how to build a winning football team and coach winning football.

I do think he has constructed an extremely lousy coaching staff, and that is his own fault. And I'm not only talking about QB Coach and OC.

DL, LB, and S - individually and collectively - all appear they could be better coordinated and coached. Being a DC is also about being a leader, a communicator, an organizer, a collaborator. You need people skills in addition to being mentally sharp and wise. I'd like to see Steve take a role befit his skill-set (behind the scenes, analyzing data, preparation during the week) and allow a natural leader (Mayo or someone else) to coordinate the defense as a collective unit.

On the offensive side of the ball, in addition to QB Coach and OC, they have a glaring need for a proper OL coach.

This assistant coaching issue has led to the team looking poorly prepared and being crappy when it comes to situational football and player development.

Player development is something that's been majorly overlooked in the Pats recent decline in performance. Yes, they've whiffed on some draft picks. But they've also drafted some legitimately talented guys of character who didn't pan out, and at some point the question needs to cease being, "why do we keep picking the wrong guy?" and become, "why is the team not nurturing and developing the talent they're drafting?".

A lot of that comes down to the positional coaches. If those roles are filled with strong individuals of character, who are strong communicators, who understand the game well, who can teach and reach people, and who have a keen eye for the details that contribute to winning, then you will have quality player development and you'll have a draft pipeline ... not because you're always drafting the right guy, but because you're developing the guys you're drafting.

Is it any surprise this decline in performance directly correlates with loss of critical positional coaches? In no particular order: Flores, Boyer, O'Shea, McDaniels, Scarnecchia, Daly, Bielema, Lombardi, Fears, etc.

If this offseason those roles are filled - and filled well - I think the team can become a legitimate contender fairly quickly with BB as head coach. They still need to figure out QB. I'm very open to pursuing Garappolo or Brady this offseason if the money makes sense. If Mac or Zappe become the guy, all the better because they're much cheaper.

Beyond that, they need two living, breathing, consistent NFL OTs, they need to add legitimate talent at LB/DL/box, and probably one CB for depth. I'm largely fine with the roster otherwise.

This outcome is perfectly normal on a well coached offense nothing to see here.

Yep... Should've been Obvious by that point that the OTs needed help; and yet...

the issues don't have anything to do with BBs kid running the defense. This problem is all on the offense and Matt & Joe have to go. If Josh is not available after the season, then bring bill O'Brien back as OC. They are wasting Mac Jones

It was Al Groh's kid Matty, the ass-istant GM, whom I mentioned; not Bill's kid the co-DC.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back