Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Who do you want to see OUT?

• Mac Jones OUT! Let us see Zappe!

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Matt Patricia OUT! Let someone else call the offensive plays!

Votes: 102 79.7%
  • Joe Judge OUT! He is ruining our Quarterbacks!

Votes: 48 37.5%
  • KEEP them ALL - I have complete FAITH in the choices BB has made so far this season!

Votes: 5 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What a terrible performance from everyone.
I never thought I would say thus but we should really push to get Jimmy back here in the off season. He is the only QB that Bill has drafted (other than Brady of course ) that is better than decent. We would win more than lose with him . It's time to clean house , get rid of Aguilor, Bourne and Jonnu Smith. None of them have done anything for two years . Get rid of everyone on the O-line, get proper coaches and start from scratch. I could accept losses if they were at least competitive and fought hard, but seeing them on the field it is very clear that most of these players don't care and just want their paychecks !!!!!
RKK should step down and let Jonathan run the show. He would demand that Bill make some changes . I have been one of the biggest Bill supporters and I still am but it all starts with him. How can he be happy with this product ?
Jimmy would be on IR if he was here this year. If BB is still the coach here next year (which I’m not sure he will be) you can’t have a non durable QB playing for him (don’t want to say made of glass)….

Is it a year too early to get rid of BB as HC of the NEP or a year too late?
I personally think the time is now after this season…I feel like his POOR decision making has been magnified heavily since Brady left Foxboro

Jones is clearly not the answer at QB. Time to move on from him.

Like I said the moment they drafted him, the Strange pick will continue to set this team back for years. Could have had any number of playmakers, instead, they got a back up guard.

This was an embarrasment, the Bills literally toyed with the Pats like the varsity playing the JV.
The Bills have dominated the Pats for 3 years now after being 0-6 the 3 years before that. In spite of their one loss in 6 games they've outscored the Pats by an average of 14 points PER GAME.

He fired Dean Peas. I think he fired the Gooch. He has fired coaches. I think he will move Patricia and Judge though. I don’t think he has a choice. Patricia is a disaster and Kraft won’t let him coach the offense again next year.

There is no way Kraft is watching this and would agree if Bill goes "I'm running this back!"

Its funny but at this point I'm up for anything that involves getting an actual leader on the field. We need somebody who can fire these guys up. Similar to Brady. Edelman.

Doesn't even need to be a QB.
I'm not sure that the current coaching staff would allow that. The players need to know who's boss and it isn't them.

BB has proven to be average without Brady….and you are right most coaches reach legendary status because of the players they have (especially a legendary QB)…..Look at Andy Reid (not that he is legendary status yet) ….he was a stumblebum for years….until he stumbled upon a QB named Pat Mahomes (and Hill and Kelce didn’t hurt!

People are rewriting history. Belichick is the greatest coach of all time. But I think he has lost his fast ball and making decisions he wouldn’t have made 20 years ago. No way in 2000 would he have put the offense in the hands of two coaches with no offensive experience nor would he have the OC also be in charge of the o-line because the o-line coach has to be working with the line when the defense is on the field. Patricia has no time to do that.

I also think the game has radically changed in recent years and he doesn’t seem to be adapting like he used to with league changes. It is reminding me of Joe Gibbs when he came out of retirement and the game had become too fast for him.

This is not the same Belichick of 20 years ago or even five years ago. He is making decisions that are out of character for him. It is almost as if he is just holding on to get Shula’s record.

He fired Dean Peas. I think he fired the Gooch. He has fired coaches. I think he will move Patricia and Judge though. I don’t think he has a choice. Patricia is a disaster and Kraft won’t let him coach the offense again next year.
Then Bill will be gone because there is no way Bill will let Kraft tell him how to build his coaching staff.

Then Bill will be gone because there is no way Bill will let Kraft tell him how to build his coaching staff.

Kraft has thrown his weight around in some occasions, but he picks his battles. And Belichick may want Kraft to force him to make changes because it will give him cover that he can blame Kraft with Patricia and Judge if they are demoted or fired. He could play the good guy with his friends and make Kraft the bad guy.

At some point you have to put the blame ON Bill Belichick correct…..not just “well he hired Matt Patricia what was he thinking “….and thinking that just firing Fat Matt (and Judge) will take care of all the problems here…..is short sighted. It all starts with Bill….and in every area he has been piss poor since 2020. In all honesty I feel like a lot of his poor decisions which have been happening for many years most likely, were covered up by Brady finding some way to get it done….

I think it's both. Patricia is garbage at coaching offense.

But WHO put him in that position? Bill. This team took a Huge step forward last year. 10 wins, playoffs a rookie who threw for 23 tds.

Then McDaniels leaves and instead of what normal teams do. He hires two fired coaches who ruined their teams (which are playing better without them) because they are yes men and he doesn't have to pay them. And throws them into roles they've never done before.

And this is the result. McDaniels had his faults but he at least was a real OC. Knew how to call the game and adjust. Patricia is just using ask Madden.

People can put the blame on the players hoping it's zappe can save everything. But there's regression across the board. The OL, the tight ends, Kendrick Bourne, Mac jones....all these players couldn't have just fell off a cliff.

They just have piss poor coaching that doesn't know what they are doing.

We added to a playoff team and got worse. That's coaching. Miami added 1 player to their team and had a QB who last year looked worse than Mac does now with people saying to dump tua. Now they are a Superbowl contender. That's coaching.

Kraft already said how disappointed he is with not winning a playoff game since 2018. He's not going to accept a regression and bringing that same team back.

If Bill really feels this is the result he wants to move forward with then maybe he should be gone

There is no way Kraft is watching this and would agree if Bill goes "I'm running this back!"

Kraft saved and then developed this franchise into a $6-7 billion business. It’s his signature business accomplishment in an accomplished career. No way he lets that sink because of Bill.

BB is still a great coach. He made a decision with MP that was a big mistake. The problem is correctable if BB is able to acknowledge that this is not working. If not, BB will become part of the problem.

Live press conferences

At first I found Bill's approach in his pressers to be somewhat funny, but that went away fast after I talked to a friend who's a member of the media and has to ask Bill questions at times. Bill doesn't have any respect for them and it shows.

At first I found Bill's approach in his pressers to be somewhat funny, but that went away fast after I talked to a friend who's a member of the media and has to ask Bill questions at times. Bill doesn't have any respect for them and it shows.
They don't have much respect for him either

Kraft already said how disappointed he is with not winning a playoff game since 2018. He's not going to accept a regression and bringing that same team back.

If Bill really feels this is the result he wants to move forward with then maybe he should be gone

Kraft pretty much publicly said that he didn't agree with Belichick's decision to build his coaching staff the way he did, but he was giving Belichick the benefit of the doubt. But he also appeared to draw a line in the sand that the Pats win a playoff game this year or there will be changes next year.

The pats had an above average offense last year with a rookie QB that was 10th in the NFL in 3rd down pct that scored 27 PPG last year. They had three dependable weapons in Meyers, Bourne & Henry to go with a pretty good run game. Here are all the changes on offense this season that's led to them having a worse offense than the Cam Newton year with Byrd as WR2:

• Name a failed HC, overrated DC the de-facto OC & OL coach
  • Name a failed HC, ex-ST coach the QB coach
  • Move an above average LT Wynn to RT in a contract year. Wynn has imploded this season.
  • Move an above average RT Brown to LT despite him making RT money. He's been inconsistent and undependable.
  • Phase out one of the most efficient WRs in the NFL in Kendrick Bourne from the offense
  • Phase out a top 10 TE in the NFL in Hunter Henry from the offense
  • Trade a draft pick & feature a jumpball WR in an offense that is historically about spacing & getting open
  • Incorporate zone scheme run concepts with an offense with power gap OL
  • Severely cut down on play action & be one of the lowest teams in motion usage in the NFL
The cherry on top is potentially ruining a franchise QB in his second year. These moves fall under BB & he's failed the team this year. There was a season to be had with an underrated defense that can get after the QB IMO.

It's now on Kraft to force changes on offense similar to how he did in the front office when they inevitably go 8-9 to finish the season.

Kraft pretty much publicly said that he didn't agree with Belichick's decision to build his coaching staff the way he did, but he was giving Belichick the benefit of the doubt. But he also appeared to draw a line in the sand that the Pats win a playoff game this year or there will be changes next year.

My guess is bill hires a Reich or bill O'Brien and Patricia/judge are moved to other "roles" in the organization.

Unfortunately though that's 3 different offenses in 3 years for your young QB. That's what we used to complain about the Jets and how they ruined guys

The media don't deserve respect. Unless they're doing some investigative reporting or something like that.

Still BB's grunting and snorting act is going to get really old really quick (if it hasn't already) if the team is not winning.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
Back