OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Who do you want to see OUT?

• Mac Jones OUT! Let us see Zappe!

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Matt Patricia OUT! Let someone else call the offensive plays!

Votes: 102 79.7%
  • Joe Judge OUT! He is ruining our Quarterbacks!

Votes: 48 37.5%
  • KEEP them ALL - I have complete FAITH in the choices BB has made so far this season!

Votes: 5 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That was a bad spot for Zappe. Lineman seeing a quarterback step up and be poised I’m sure is a confidence booster for the line as a whole. I’m done talking about Zappe. Makes me sound like a honk but I was just using my own two eyes.
As I've said, your eyes may see him get playing time before it's over, especially if they come out on the wrong end of a couple more of these. Who knows. But as I've also said, if the line needs the QB to run around to make them feel better about themselves, that's not going to be sustainable. No quarterback can run around for most of a game and play perfect football, it's just not going to happen.

Yep. And when Ekuale and Godchaux were the DTs, they were manhandled.

Lawrence Guy is great. But reaching the end of his career. Barmore has been injured. We need more D line depth.

And our line backing corps is the weakest group I can remember.

Lots of talent deficits to the top AFC teams.

Yep; and Jonathan Jones has No Dam Business being an Outside CB... We need AT LEAST One Starting-a-PO-Game-caliber Outside CB in the building by this time next season... Or we can expect more of what we saw tonight.

The difference is that Mahomes has the pure talent to get away with playing backyard football now and then. Mahomes can make occasional spectacular plays on the run. It's obvious from this game and several others this year that Mac has none of that ability to improvise once the pocket breaks down.
Not many QBs do. I mean, honestly, outside of Mahomes and maybe Allen, it's not like the NFL is full of these guys and their pockets don't break down anywhere near as often as this one has this season.

Bourne really needs to shutup. he maybe right in some sense but he has no right to put it on the line and call plays like an OC and say
"not call it on the line". Its not like he hasn't fumbled this season. He has no clue into offensive playcalling as crappy as it is for us right now. This kind of talk really doesn't help anyone.

Bourne really needs to shutup. he maybe right in some sense but he has no right to put it on the line and call plays like an OC and say
"not call it on the line". Its not like he hasn't fumbled this season. He has no clue into offensive playcalling as crappy as it is for us right now. This kind of talk really doesn't help anyone.
He'd have more to say if he was playing with the effort Meyers is. He just got mad and shut down...it's just really disappointing and it's certainly contributing to their issues this season.

As I've said, your eyes may see him get playing time before it's over, especially if they come out on the wrong end of a couple more of these. Who knows. But as I've also said, if the line needs the QB to run around to make them feel better about themselves, that's not going to be sustainable. No quarterback can run around for most of a game and play perfect football, it's just not going to happen.
I never said the OLine needs a QB to “run around” to make themselves feel better. Not sure what games you watched with Zappe starting, but he never ran around with his head cut off. The line would collapse and he’d get rid of the ball.

i mean....why does a player need to shut up? He is voicing his opinion. this has been going on since the beginning of training camp. Remember how he couldn't even crack the lineup even when he was making positive plays because he was negative toward the offense and Matt P earlier in the season. Matt Ps ego couldn't take it, so he tried to bury him on the bench. BB even said it was Matt's called to bench Bourne. I mean he couldn't get into a game because we had to let lil jordan humphrey play? Really!? A practice squad player? Why shouldn't he be upset. It's a sh*t show right now and it's been that way.

I never said the OLine needs a QB to “run around” to make themselves feel better. Not sure what games you watched with Zappe starting, but he never ran around with his head cut off. The line would collapse and he’d get rid of the ball.
Sorry, I didn't think that's what you meant. I just meant I don't know how much confidence that would give them and I don't think having that go on for an entire game would really result in any success for whatever QB was doing it - it's a big ask. Tongue-in-cheek comments don't translate well without emoticons or at almost one in the morning - so that's my bad ;)

i mean....why does a player need to shut up? He is voicing his opinion. this has been going on since the beginning of training camp. Remember how was he couldn't even crack the lineup even when he was making postive plays because he was negative toward the offense and Matt P. I mean he couldn't get in because we had to let lil jordan humphrey play? Really!? A practice squad player? Why shouldn't he be upset. It's a sh*t show right now and it's been that way.
I wouldn't say he needs to shut up, but while he's said the right things publicly after whatever happened, his actions on the field haven't helped put him in a position of strength, like at all.

Sorry, I didn't think that's what you meant. I just meant I don't know how much confidence that would give them and I don't think having that go on for an entire game would really result in any success for whatever QB was doing it - it's a big ask. Tongue-in-cheek comments don't translate well without emoticons or at almost one in the morning - so that's my bad ;)
That’s true. Sorry. I’m nearly dead and have to be up in 4 hours.

Makes me sound like a honk but I was just using my own two eyes.
And you're not a honk LOL, tonight was a mess and I think a lot of people are going to be questioning things over what's going to be a long stretch in-between games.

I wouldn't say he needs to shut up, but while he's said the right things publicly after whatever happened, his actions on the field haven't helped put him in a position of strength, like at all.

Yea i agree, it would help if he was actually playing well...i honestly think a lot of these players are frustrated and just aren't happy and that has affected their play.

Offense in desperate need of a leader (also a real oc and an entirely new offensive line).

The Amazon crew are roasting Patricia right now putting the blame on the offense clearly on his shoulders.
They are morons. Do you really believe that’s Patricia is managing the offense alone? Bill is the one behind that offense. Bill is the one who decided to change the offense. Bill is the one who decide the approach for the offense. The vertical approach at the beginning of the season is a Bill decision not Patricia. Patricia is just calling plays. Game plans on offense are driven by Bill.

I keep thinking back to Tom Brady’s dad saying about him leaving someday “it will end badly”.

I didn’t realize that would likely also be true for BB’s tenure.

Bill's will end Worse.

Your Boy Wac Jones should not Start another game he's not a good player. Zappe looked real good with Fat Matt.

except for the 2 interceptions and like 5 batted balls against the Bears

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back