PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Vikings beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the ground aid in him catching the ball? You see that play in the middle of the field all the time and if the recievers hands under the ball they call it a catch 100% of the time. He lost control when he brought it into his body and the ball hit his facemask, the ground didn't jar it loose.
Which is why it's a catch. He didn't go out of bounds. Guys bobble the ball on their body all the time in bounds, and its a catch

The video that I saw showed that the ball did touch the turf.
If that happened it was long after he caught the ball and reached it across the goal line.

Patriots-news-Trent-Brown_s-take-on-Mac-Jones-will-get-New-England-fans-hyped-thumbnail.jpg

What is really an epic display of stupidity is the "b-b-but the 2nd half against the Bears" crowd.

Zappe has played in two games where he was the starting QB when it matters, during the week of practice before the game. In those two games, he was very good. Against the Bears, he was good until he wasn't good. Would all the practice reps and game planning have made a difference? I don't know.

If you want to make a declarative statement on Zappe as a QB on one half when he wasn't even getting 1st team reps, then how do you still have hope for Mac after the many halves of shyt shows he has produced?

B-b-but Browns and Lions D! Vikings D is as bad if not worse.

I would have loved to see how Zappe looked against the Colts and JetsX2 with first team reps. It didn't happen. Now, I want to see Mac go on a roll against the weaker D's on the latter part of this schedule. Hopefully, he builds on last game.

Bears 2nd half! Pfft. Shall we list all of Mac's shytty halves too?

We’re kinda past the tanking window (Belichick isn’t a tanker). Already have too many wins and I would guess we have 2 more wins vs AZ and LV. Every other game left (BUF twice, MIA, CIN) are all very difficult and could all be Ls (I think we can beat Cinci). So that puts NE at 8-9/9-8 and firmly a bubble team at best and picking in the bottom half of the first round. We’ll miss out on the elite WRs (not like Bill can spot them anyway). Being mediocre is the worst hell in sports.
Agree we’ve left it too late but any improvement in picks gives us more trading power when some mug wants to move up and we inevitably trade down.

Listening to the CONSTANT whine of at least the last 3 pages is unbearable. Listen folks, this was a FOOTBALL game. Get a little perspective here. In EVERY football game there are going to be dozens of mistakes, errors, and questionable calls, even in games you win. DEAL with it. It is literally a no-win situation for many of you. When I read some of the tripe in this thread, I can only picture 2 year olds having a tantrum, or the archetype sulking teenager.

This team had to endure having to travel on a short week, perhaps the most single biggest disadvantage to overcome. They got the short stick of the officiating. They made 2 critical mistakes in the kicking game (see the bad officiating) which ended up costing them the game. And actually you could add 2 more. The 26 yd punt at the end of the game which allowed the Vikes to pin the Pats back at the 12, even though the D got the 3 and out. AND the fact MJones should not have tried to return that last punt. It cost us time and field position. But that was a judgment call, so I might be nitpicking here on the last one.

The point I'm trying to make here is the Pats were set up for failure for a number of reasons. The VIkes have a great RB, 3 top receivers, and top 12 QB. Yet the Pats went toe to toe with them and just missed on a few plays, while the Vikes seems to make theirs (or at least Jefferson did. This game SHOULD have been 26-26 with the Pats with the ball with a minute left to win the game. What more can you ask for as a fan.

Oh, I forgot we are now a fan base that will complain about EVERY questionable play call. EVERY mistake made by a player, etc and IGNORE any positive play that doesn't fit the narrative the whiners are trying to spin.
I agree with most of what you say here, the only thing that you left out is that it would be much more bearable to listen to the complaining if people celebrated/enjoyed the wins more. I think for years we were treated to some of the most perfect football a team can play, and now that we are not guaranteed a trip to the AFCCG every year, people are going to bend over backwards to make others know about their "pain" when watching the Patriots. I can relate to being a bit upset about certain officiating and certain player screw-ups, but we need to enjoy the entertainment value this team provides and the process of the season unfolding and hoping they can squeak out a chance to participate in the playoffs, where we know that anything can happen if your team gels and gets a few calls/bounces.

One of them has to become a pro QB or we're up sh!t's creek without a paddle.
Tua struggled until this season when his GM gave him some amazing weapons and he turned into a top 5 QB. I think Mac can be great, but the jury is still out.

what? if the zappe hype train rolls in, you better get of the track asap

I will for sure.

Do you think Zappe makes the pass Parker caught at the 7 yard line? Or the pass Agholor should have caught at the 3 yard line if he didn't stop his route?

Bears 2nd half! Pfft. Shall we list all of Mac's shytty halves too?

I agree. For halves, or for a whole game, Mac has looked shytty in the past.

Do you think Zappe makes the pass Parker caught at the 7 yard line? Or the pass Agholor should have caught at the 3 yard line if he didn't stop his route?

Did you see any progression with Mac over the last 4 games?

1. JETE QB rating = 80
2. Colts QB rating = 89
3. JETE QB rating = 105
4. Vikings QB rating = 120

I do not know if Mac is the answer, but independent of bad halves, he is progressing and getting better from game to game, and made two big time perfect "NFL big boy" passes against the Vikings.

I agree. For halves, or for a whole game, Mac has looked shytty in the past.

Did you see any progression with Mac over the last 4 games?

1. JETE QB rating = 80
2. Colts QB rating = 89
3. JETE QB rating = 105
4. Vikings QB rating = 120

I do not know if Mac is the answer, but independent of bad halves, he is progressing and getting better from game to game, and made two big time perfect "NFL big boy" passes against the Vikings.
Absolutely. This is why I want to see Mac's progression for the rest of the year. I have some hope. I loved some of those throws last game, in particular that 4th down in completion to Agholar.

I do think if Zappe got first team reps, he would have shown progression, and maybe even out performed Mac.

IMO, of course, for the sensitive "bEaRS 2Nd HalF" folks.

Absolutely. This is why I want to see Mac's progression for the rest of the year. I have some hope. I loved some of those throws last game, in particular that 4th down in completion to Agholar.

I do think if Zappe got first team reps, he would have shown progression, and maybe even out performed Mac.

IMO, of course, for the sensitive "bEaRS 2Nd HalF" folks.

Can you direct me to a Zappe "NFL big boy" throw? I love Zappe's pocket presence and game approach, I just don't see an NFL arm. Like Heinicke.

And you are simply a troll (and a very good one, btw) or just another sad sack that needs another team to root for, because you are clearly not rooting for this one. It's one or the other
Nah, simply disagreeing with you doesn't make anyone a troll. I'm surprised that as a former coach you find excuse making over calls by the officials a valid argument. If you live in the past, you die in the present. The entire 4th Qtr was available for a comeback TD drive to tie the game. I like that Mac (also a troll?) didn't make any excuses:

“We’ve got to move on from that play and play the rest of the game,” Patriots quarterback Mac Jones said. “There was plenty of time left, and there was other times we could have punched it in and that wouldn’t have even been an issue.”

Pats had 3 drives in the 4th north of the 2 min. warning. The inability to score any points is what lost us the game. No excuses.

Screenshot_20221126-103103_Sports.jpg

Thanks for this tweet. That was a well designed play by Patricia. He sends 2 deep routes and a deep crosser to empty the mid range area. Henry chip blocks and takes off, completely open for an easy 1st down+. Instead of taking the low % throw to Agholor, if Mac hits a wide open Henry, ball is at the MIN 20-23 with just under 2 minutes to go. Mac should've taken the higher % throw.

Surprised nobody is talking about this.

Did you not watch week 1? Outside of 1 busted play they kept Hill & Waddle in check.
Yes, it was at the Week 1 game. Since then the Dolphins O is clicking, with Hill/Waddle at #1/#7 in yards per game.

I won't entertain the rest of your post filled with your delusions & fantasies.

Here is why BB did not go for it from the 5......
and he shouldn't until offense gives him reason to believe

In theory the D did it's job. Going in MN averaged 23 offensive points and they scored 26. They ave 338ypg and they had 358. They shut down the run. Could have been better. Could have been worse.

Yea the drive to the 20 was decent but not successful. Goota dig deep and make plays.
I agree , but the coverages on defense I don't get.. Dugger on hockenson, supposedly JJ was double covered.. Wilson or peppers are better coverage safeties than Dugger.. Gilmore would have never allowed those long completions..

However, maybe it's good thing defense got a bit humbled.. maybe they'll show some pride and force Buffalo to punt at least once!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down