PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Vikings beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jonnu Smith should be giving money back based on production its' impossible for us to get rid of him next year. Dude ain't a Rookie he has had success in this league he's becoming a mystery.
I see his contract being reworked, the issue with smith is the offense as a whole doesn't take advantage of the matchups enough to give smith a chance to work. He's always been a YAC guy..

I see his contract being reworked, the issue with smith is the offense as a whole doesn't take advantage of the matchups enough to give smith a chance to work. He's always been a YAC guy..
IF Jonnu can't become a fixture in our Offense would it be wise to push money back and add more years?? Seems like BB got hoodwinked when he gave him that massive contract he saw some major upside in Jonnu Smith that has not come to fruition.‍♂️

Omg, exactly, especially when you have to get up at 6:00am to go to work.

This girl needs her 8 hrs of sleep or she can be one

IF Jonnu can't become a fixture in our Offense would it be wise to push money back and add more years?? Seems like BB got hoodwinked when he gave him that massive contract he saw some major upside in Jonnu Smith that has not come to fruition.‍♂️

He won't be offered more years, what I'm saying is BB has Done this in the past where the team will rework the contract, it works both ways when a player either isn't living up or has out performed his contract.. so he'll make less money per annual salary and get more up front in form of a bonus.. there are all kinds of ways to redo contracts.. no way the team eats his contract as current constructed and releases him out right.. he did it with Gronk, adelis Thomas, to name a few..

No worries , I can't wait for the games to start going back the the 1 pm start times.. staying up late to watcht team loose isn't fun!
Living in Southern California, we got morning, afternoon and evening games! In fact, I remember the days when the NFL catered to us starting primetime games at 6pm PST, then I'm guessing there were complaints of how games were ending at midnight and switched it to 5pm PST.

Living in Southern California, we got morning, afternoon and evening games! In fact, I remember the days when the NFL catered to us starting primetime games at 6pm PST, then I'm guessing there were complaints of how games were ending at midnight and switched it to 5pm PST.
I have some relatives in Cali so i understand, the NFL is a marketer, doing what the owners, Broadcast companies want and the fans last...

Yeah it's been a tough prime time season for us patriots fans.. if I'm not mistaken haven't we lost each time on prime time this season?

At least we will have a local Broadcast In Massachusetts the amazon Broadcast isn't ideal

Oops, duplicate post.
No worries , I do feel this is McCourtys last season he has had a long career.. 13 years as a DB in the NFL is very long.. I think Rodney played about the same length of time.. he went out with a torn hamstring I believe..

If?

IF?

It better be.

Should've traded him (& Gilmore, and maybe others too) at the 2020 deadline... Some of us already understood by the time November rolled in that year that the Entire season was a hopelessly lost cause already, and that Now was the time to Truly build for the Future... Dam that last-second win vs the Jete, one of the most counter-productive of this century... If we had lost then maybe Bill would've started the Re-Build right then & there...
Looking back at it... Bill really as long at #12 was here has never really had to rebuild, he replaced guys by attrition, free agency and some good drafting.. bills best drafting was with pioli.

Ty Warren, Jarvis Green on defense who were excellent defensive line men... with # 12 he was the total equalizer to everything the team did with the roster. Now come next season with McCourty retired guys like Phillips and Dugger will become more leaders.. I also like peppers as well.. he's coming along nicely from the ACL

At least we will have a local Broadcast In Massachusetts the amazon Broadcast isn't ideal
Amazon broadcasts are horrendous and it was a terrible move by both Amazon and the NFL. Michaels has mailed it in for many years now. I also find it funny we see commercials on an app we pay to NOT see commercials. Kaylee Hartung robotic sound bites sound prerecorded and also sounds like the sideline reporters they have in Madden games.

Amazon broadcasts are horrendous and it was a terrible move by both Amazon and the NFL. Michaels has mailed it in for many years now. I also find it funny we see commercials on an app we pay to NOT see commercials. Kaylee Hartung robotic sound bites sound prerecorded and also sounds like the sideline reporters they have in Madden games.

Yep, I have absolutely HATED EVERYTHING about watching these Thursday night games.

I haven't minded HerbStreet, he offers good insight sometimes... But Old Uncle Al is Awful.
If he had any pride he would say after the season: Thanks for the money folks, but I've got enough now and I'm just gonna enjoy the rest of my life...
Let another, more worthy dude have the mike...

The 8 pm prime time games are good occasionally, but not when people have to work the next day.. should keep prime time games to weekend time slots.. also another patriots fact, we have yet to win a prime time game this season.. I'm optimistic and playoff hopeful, but a loss tonight and it's pretty much over.. if we loose tonight I can bet you'll see some players make personal business decisions for thier bodies. Knowing the playoffs are out or reach.. I still feel it's going to be 2 teams to make it out the AFC east..

Just harping back on my post from yesterday about smith's contract , and how the patriots do business.. you see now judons contract was restructured? Supposedly created 2.2 million in cap space. Unless they plan on doing a deal for say Myers not sure why they are creating cap space this late in the season .. I just don't feel we will make the playoffs this season Buffalo and Miami offensively are just to good.. I wish the AFC east was this good during our run..

Just harping back on my post from yesterday about smith's contract , and how the patriots do business.. you see now judons contract was restructured? Supposedly created 2.2 million in cap space. Unless they plan on doing a deal for say Myers not sure why they are creating cap space this late in the season .. I just don't feel we will make the playoffs this season Buffalo and Miami offensively are just to good.. I wish the AFC east was this good during our run..
Well if Buffalo loses Tonight they will have Three Division Loses not an ideal spot with Teams breathing down your neck. I really thought the AFC West was going be good and competitive but turned out to be the AFC East instead. Win Tonight and we are more than in it.

Re-watched the game last night... A couple of thoughts before putting this one permanently in the rear-view mirror:

During the KO return for a TD That Shouldn't Have Been, Demarcus Mitchell - another complete Waste of roster space - could've pushed the returner out of bounds; but like too many others in the building, he figured Somebody Else would do it...

I slow-motioned every snap on offense during the 4th quarter, and it proved to be a Microcosm of the Entire season, including this one un-ass-ailable Truth: Nelson Malcolm Would've Made the Dam Tackle Agholor has GOT to be the STUPIDEST ****ing WR in Football... Bourne & Parker aren't too far behind either... Dam shame that Meyers was injured - twice - during the game and as far as I could tell didn't play ANY 4th-quarter snaps... Naturally, the 3rd-down play-calling was Complete ****ing Garbage... Strange69 was the reason that Corky was sacked during their third drive, almost for a Safety... And speaking of Corky, there were a couple of other plays when he did what he usually does under pressure: fold like a beach chair in a hurricane. IOW, same old same old Trident of Suck; or should that now be the Grand Slam of Suck to include Agholor?

Re-watched the game last night... A couple of thoughts before putting this one permanently in the rear-view mirror:

During the KO return for a TD That Shouldn't Have Been, Demarcus Mitchell - another complete Waste of roster space - could've pushed the returner out of bounds; but like too many others in the building, he figured Somebody Else would do it...

I slow-motioned every snap on offense during the 4th quarter, and it proved to be a Microcosm of the Entire season, including this one un-ass-ailable Truth: Nelson Malcolm Would've Made the Dam Tackle Agholor has GOT to be the STUPIDEST ****ing WR in Football... Bourne & Parker aren't too far behind either... Dam shame that Meyers was injured - twice - during the game and as far as I could tell didn't play ANY 4th-quarter snaps... Naturally, the 3rd-down play-calling was Complete ****ing Garbage... Strange69 was the reason that Corky was sacked during their third drive, almost for a Safety... And speaking of Corky, there were a couple of other plays when he did what he usually does under pressure: fold like a beach chair in a hurricane. IOW, same old same old Trident of Suck; or should that now be the Grand Slam of Suck to include Agholor?
We could have won got robbed for a TD too: on Agholor he's been very jekl/hype Mr. giveth and taketh away. I can't wait for him to be off the roster on Bourne I have just about given up he's becoming a mystery. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Well if Buffalo loses Tonight they will have Three Division Loses not an ideal spot with Teams breathing down your neck. I really thought the AFC West was going be good and competitive but turned out to be the AFC East instead. Win Tonight and we are more than in it.
I share your optimism, But it's a tall task to beat Buffalo. Allen is just so much of a dynamic play maker throwing or running, if we can give Buffalo another division loss then that is a huge boost of confidence. I have a funny feeling it will come down to having to win in Buffalo last game of the season to get in

I share your optimism, But it's a tall task to beat Buffalo. Allen is just so much of a dynamic play maker throwing or running, if we can give Buffalo another division loss then that is a huge boost of confidence. I have a funny feeling it will come down to having to win in Buffalo last game of the season to get in

I have a funnier - or is it less funny - feeling that we'll already be eliminated from PO contention by then.

I have a funnier - or is it less funny - feeling that we'll already be eliminated from PO contention by then.
Now that's really funny , this is a gauntlet we're going through.. this is wear not having thay lock down corner will show..

Yeah we ain't winning this. Only chance we had is if the offense was on and we scored often.

*Edit* Wrong thread. No idea how I ended up here.

Yeah we ain't winning this. Only chance we had is if the offense was on and we scored often.

*Edit* Wrong thread. No idea how I ended up here.
This is a horrible showing on offense.. seasons over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back