PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Vikings beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zap crap?

I wonder what the Jets would give for Bailey Zappe. They have Lucifer child and Flacco.

Probably a first-rounder.

It's clear as crystal that Corky needs Everything to be Perfect in order for him to perform like an actual NFL QB... The Jete won't, but if I were a dome team in a Southern division like the Aints, Fail-cons or Blood Clots, I would very strongly consider trading for him if Zappy wins the starting job here by the end of TC next year.

Yes. But he and the play calling fizzled when they needed it most. That’s the time to get Smith involved with his elite YAC ability or Thornton the ball deep on a fake handoff to Rham. That’s why Patricia cost this game as much as officiating or mistakes by Dugger and Henry.

Yep, the 4th-quarter play-calling, as well a practically EVERY 3rd-down/short-yardage play call, was - and has been ALL season - nothing short of an amateurish, choke-ass Abomination.

(And a Dishonorable Mention goes to Nelson Malcolm Would've Made The Tackle Agholor, who failed to help his QB when Corky was scrambling to his right on 3rd/10 during one of those 4th-quarter Failures.)

Last edited:

Hopefully he finishes the year off strong and can go into the offseason with some much needed confidence. Next year is the year he’s got to put it all together or the team will have to start looking for some alternatives. 3 years is enough, right? Or am I being a bit too unrealistic here?

I still don't get the rhetoric against the defense on 2-3 days prep/rest they held that offense to 3 TDs and only allowed 1 offensive TD in the 2nd half which only came after the defense got off the field but had to come back on because a rookie RB stumbled into a punter

-1st TD was the opening drive which Vikings had scripted so it's hard to adjust to it. Fairplay to them
-2nd TD Dugger slipped which allowed Hockenson to get open
-3rd TD would have never happened if Pierre Strong doesn't run into the punter

So only 1 TD you can't say "What If"

What if Dugger doesn't slip
What if Strong misses the punter

Hopefully he finishes the year off strong and can go into the offseason with some much needed confidence. Next year is the year he’s got to put it all together or the team will have to start looking for some alternatives. 3 years is enough, right? Or am I being a bit too unrealistic here?

Considering from whence he came, and the coaching he received therein, you're not being unrealistic, at all.

Considering from whence he came, and the coaching he received therein, you're not being unrealistic, at all.
What coaching? Mac hasn’t had a qualified QB coach since the off-season, has he?

It's clear as crystal that Corky needs Everything to be Perfect in order for him to perform like an actual NFL QB... The Jete won't, but if I were a dome team in a Southern division like the Aints, Fail-cons or Blood Clots, I would very strongly consider trading for him if Zappy wins the starting job here by the end of TC next year.
Maybe I’m wrong but I think he needs to be rebuilt, like Lawrence.

What coaching? Mac hasn’t had a qualified QB coach since the off-season, has he?

Sorry, I was referring to the coaching he received in college, to help make him the "most pro-ready' QB in his draft class... He also seemed to stay on the beam for the most part last season under McD, before he hit the rookie wall, strangely enough after having the previous week off... Even studied under Tom House during the offseason, as you mentioned... But then, Phatt Matt & Judge Joey happened...

Last edited:
Maybe I’m wrong but I think he needs to be rebuilt, like Lawrence.

His body & his mind definitely need to be rebuilt, then maybe we'll have a better idea how badly his mechanics have deteriorated... I also don't believe that he was ever sold on Phatt Matt & Judge Joey as his two loudest voices; I do believe however that his lack of confidence in those two unqualified slappies, in addition to the failure of the Lose/Lose at RT experiment & the weekly untimely leaks at LT & LG, have made him forget his footwork, more easily become off balance, and ultimately play scared. We need Bill O'Brien here in the worst ****ing way...

His body & his mind definitely need to be rebuilt, then maybe we'll have a better idea how badly his mechanics have deteriorated... I also don't believe that he was ever sold on Phatt Matt & Judge Joey as his two loudest voices; I do believe however that his lack of confidence in those two unqualified slappies, in addition to the failure of the Lose/Lose at RT experiment & the weekly untimely leaks at LT & LG, have made him forget his footwork, more easily become off balance, and ultimately play scared. We need Bill O'Brien here in the worst ****ing way...
Or maybe that major ankle injury had something to do with his footwork.

There are too many dummies on this team, from the coaching staff to the players.

Vikings are a joke of a 9-2 team.
So, if Bill Parcells is right (and I think he is) that "You are what your record says you are," but if somehow the 9--2 Vikings are still a "joke," exactly what does that make the 6--5 team whose Red Zone offense was zilch for three and that gave the "jokes" five first downs on penalties...among other things? And, puhleeze, don't join those who are blaming the officiating...we heard that from the Jetes' fans for far too many years...decades even...and we never bought it from them and we shouldn't buy it from our own "fans."

Why can't we just say that a team at the bottom of its Division and, for now, out of the Playoff picture in its Conference, lost a winnable game to a team at the top of its Division and a game out of first place in its Conference and, like the Patriots of old would have said, "We're on to Buffalo?"

"No crying. No excuses." That used to be "The Patriot Way."

Or maybe that major ankle injury had something to do with his footwork.

Footwork didn't look all that great before the injury anyway... And even if that might also be the case, then the decision to start him vs da Bears looks even more foolish now than it already did at the time.

Footwork didn't look all that great before the injury anyway... And even if that might also be the case, then the decision to start him vs da Bears looks even more foolish now than it already did at the time.
And that was the last game the Bears won sporting five loses in a row since then if we miss the playoffs by a game we are going to remember the night Justin Fields tore our Defense a new one.

And that was the last game the Bears won sporting five loses in a row since then if we miss the playoffs by a game we are going to remember the night Justin Fields tore our Defense a new one.

That loss was a well deserved one, all around... The losses we'll really remember are the two at GB & MIN.

So, if Bill Parcells is right (and I think he is) that "You are what your record says you are," but if somehow the 9--2 Vikings are still a "joke," exactly what does that make the 6--5 team whose Red Zone offense was zilch for three and that gave the "jokes" five first downs on penalties...among other things? And, puhleeze, don't join those who are blaming the officiating...we heard that from the Jetes' fans for far too many years...decades even...and we never bought it from them and we shouldn't buy it from our own "fans."

Why can't we just say that a team at the bottom of its Division and, for now, out of the Playoff picture in its Conference, lost a winnable game to a team at the top of its Division and a game out of first place in its Conference and, like the Patriots of old would have said, "We're on to Buffalo?"

"No crying. No excuses." That used to be "The Patriot Way."
Relax. It's not that deep.

Injured players rushing back is just part of the game and I'd rather him on the field struggling through his movements than lose half a season of development. Still a lot to figure out but hopefully he learned somethings the last few weeks that he wouldn't have from the tub.

Damn, Reiss calling McCourty out on 100 of Jefferson's 139 yards.
Yeah, McCourty is a great leader, has been a great Patriot, but it wasn't one of his better games and one has to wonder if this is his last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes