PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Vikings beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't enough to overturn. Plain and simple. A horrible call by a horrible officiating crew. If this happened to Tampa, you'd be complaining for a year. Let's move on.

Please try harder to separate one issue from another... Not a good look otherwise.

It shouldn't have been...even if the player bobbles it a little it won't make a difference. or did you miss the Super Bowl vs the Eagles (the second one, when Tommy fumbled the game away)?

And keep your ****ing irrational Brady hatred THE **** OUT of this discussion.

Where's Ashley when you need her? Oh yeah that's right...

Some. positive signs for the O-line: hopefully Andrews will be back this week:

I'd like to ask, as it's seems that we won't be in the playoffs this year would you consider this season as a step back or a regression?

It's feeling more apparent that Kraft will allow bb to coach to break shulas record, not complaining but we had it good 19 seasons!

That particular poster didn't read anything. He has one thing on his mind and that's trolling the Patriots fans and he's close to being gone.

FOR ****ING WHAT?!?

Stop this ****ing irrational Crawhammer hatred while other posters (and you know dam well who) get a Free ****ing Pass.

The ground did NOT cause him to lose control of the ball!

To repeat:

THE

GROUND

DID

NOT

CAUSE

HIM

TO

LOSE

CONTROL

OF

THE

FOOTBALL!

What the **** is wrong with some of you people?!? Are you blind? Are you on drugs (oops never mind that's me...)?
I wanted to ask, seems like we won't be playoff bound this season.. the AFC is just so tough and stacked. Do you deem this season a regression or progression?

I'm usually optimistic, but trying to see where anything was progressed outside of the great draft picks playing and contributing.. l

I wanted to ask, seems like we won't be playoff bound this season.. the AFC is just so tough and stacked. Do you deem this season a regression or progression?

I'm usually optimistic, but trying to see where anything was progressed outside of the great draft picks playing and contributing.. l
Too early to speculate, lets see how Mac plays and if there's some progression and how the record ends up/ They might play much better the rest of the year and miss by one game or they could play bad and miss by 3 games. Then again they might squeak in.

Too early to speculate, lets see how Mac plays and if there's some progression and how the record ends up/ They might play much better the rest of the year and miss by one game or they could play bad and miss by 3 games. Then again they might squeak in.
I see, I say this becuase, Bengals, Buffalo 2x, raiders, Arizona, Miami, I see 1 maybe 2 wins out those games mentioned..

I still feel if we don't get in it's a definite disappointment as we made the playoffs last year..

closing out the Patriot notebook, like only Reiss can:

I especially agree with #4; the Flapper ****ing sucks now.

"6. What happened to the offense in the 4th quarter?"

- Phatt Matt happened in the 4th quarter, that's what... Duh.

"7. A word on Alex Kemp and his officiating crew: I don't believe their surprisingly shaky performance cost the Patriots the game..."

- Supriisingly shaky?!? They're the next-to-worst ****ing crew in THE ENTIRE ****ING LEAGUE, MIKEY! And they ****ing ABSOLUTELY cost us the ****ing game! Stop being a ****ing shill for this ****ing league.

Regarding point 8: WRONG.

This year has always been about next year. The season will be successful if the team closes with some momentum and Mac establishes himself as a QB who can win without relying on a super conservative game plan. BB can then use the draft and cap space to reinforce the roster and refine the offense, hopefully with a different OC. It would almost be ok if Mac proves definitively that he is not the answer at QB. Worst case the jury is still out at QB, even if the team sneaks into the playoffs.

Progression for some, regression for others, and same old same old for others again...

This year has always been about next year. The season will be successful if the team closes with some momentum and Mac establishes himself as a QB who can win without relying on a super conservative game plan. BB can then use the draft and cap space to reinforce the roster and refine the offense, hopefully with a different OC. It would almost be ok if Mac proves definitively that he is not the answer at QB. Worst case the jury is still out at QB, even if the team sneaks into the playoffs.

It is always going to be next year for the next "couple of years". The Pats will be at the bottom of the AFC east by the end of the day and I can't see them being competitive with the Bills next week. I am expecting an 8-9 season, anything above that would be good.

Please try harder to separate one issue from another... Not a good look otherwise.

It is always going to be next year for the next "couple of years". The Pats will be at the bottom of the AFC east by the end of the day and I can't see them being competitive with the Bills next week. I am expecting an 8-9 season, anything above that would be good.
Both posters made valid points, the reality to me has sunk in.. this is what post brady feels like. We knew it would come eventually, with each season makes me more and more appreciative for all the winning we had!

I feel like we're in NFL mediocrity, trying to win of course, while ascending young players and the QB. It's has become if never, that talent not coaching alone wins in 2022 NFL. Miami took a average QB and surrounded him with elite talent.

I don't see Kraft spending like in '21.. just because they have the cap space. Outside of judon I'm sure he has buyer's remorse.

All in all my personal feelings are It's a regression.

Wasn't really an issue just a question I out put there to get what people thought. Sorry if you're confused

You left out this note:

If a player, who satisfied (a) and (b), but has not satisfied (c), contacts the ground and loses control of the ball, it is an incomplete pass if the ball hits the ground before he regains control, or if he regains control out of bounds.

The ball hit the ground, he lost control of the ball, and only regained control of the ball after criteria for an incompletion (above) was met.
This note is poorly written but says that if the ground causes the player to lose control of the ball (in this case Henry hitting the ground and the ball moving in his arms), then it's incomplete "if the ball hits the ground before he regains control" ... Well, it didn't hit the ground before he regained control.

Even if the ref felt there was conclusive video to overturn, and even if he didn't get the memo about the rule change in 2018, the ball was in firm control when it supposedly touched the ground, then moved in his arms a moment later when it was above the ground, and then secured above the ground (never hitting the ground after the supposed loss of control).

The rule and this note envisioned a case where the ball was in contact with the ground when it was not under control.

Wasn't really an issue just a question I out put there to get what people thought. Sorry if you're confused

My comment which you quoted was not directed at you RF, but to one of our moderators... Sorry for the confusion.

E9SrzoCUYAQ4Ju9
He's trying to use the argument from authority tactic.
Wow, that's some fence sitting by My Crease on the Hunter Henry non-TD.
He works for ESPN. He doesn't want to piss off the NFL bigshots. Could be a career ending move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back