PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Vikings beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't just make up rules as you go along. The ball moved when he hit the ground. As much as it sucks for us that isn't a catch.
Isn’t the play over
I disagree. I think it’s personnel. Tavai and Bentley played a lot. The Vikings have a strong offense. They had their way in the middle of the field where the middle linebackers cover in pass plays.

Mack and Raekwon can cover more ground.

I’m confused.
im not going to research it but I don’t remember the last time a BB defense put a good offense in check, seems like it’s been at least two years. They look all world against scrub but look completely different against good qbs.

That’s actually a well-reasoned take. There’s a difference between being mad then moving on to the next play and letting something continue to bother you. Mac falls into the latter category.
Saban used to give him grief and nicknamed him "McEnroe" ("Are you going to throw your racket today?" - that was a real quote). I'd like to think that helped him move past it, but he's had moments where that hasn't necessarily been the case.

I completely disagree. At the most important position we have a lower echelon QB. At the WR position we have a bunch of #3's. We just saw tonight how much a true number 1 means to an offence. Our o-line has been a mess all year and we'll likely need 2 new starting tackles next year. On D we have some nice pieces but need more talent at LB and will need to replace McCourty. You really think we are good enough to compete for a SB?
Agreed, but I think Meyers and Parker are solid #2s and Bourne has shown he can be a solid 2/3.

We already know Josh Allen is dropping his nuts on this defense next week

300-fight-in-the-shade.gif

Attachments

• 1669353052072.png
    1669353052072.png
    150.5 KB · Views: 1
Whatever helps the you keep your narrative that it wasn't a touchdown despite the rules and every single person on the planet knowing it actually was a touchdown. there are viking fans saying it's a touchdown. The only people who think it wasn't a touchdown are you, and people who Only want the patriots to lose, regardless. Like the same people who you explain ball pressure to, and instead will just go "they are cheaters I don't care what the truth is"
I was screaming at the top of my lungs that it was a catch, even after the first replay I saw. So don't lump me into the group of people who only want the Patriots to lose. Or bring ball pressure into this. Like that has anything to do with it. You obviously had too much wine tonight.

It's obnoxious, it's inconsistent, it's frustrating, but it is 100% a call you expect the officials to make there. Pointing out examples where they failed to be consistent in other plays doesn't magically make it the wrong call. If they see the ball hit the ground, and it's not in your possession until you literally stand up and give it to them, expect it to be incomplete.

Yup, Mac Jones had a good game until the game was on the line. Then he crumbled like a house of cards.

As much as people like to dump on Kirk Cousins, Kirk Cousins just outdueled Mac Jones on Thanksgiving day.

Mac Jones kept taking big sacks and missing plays in the biggest moments of the game.

Don't get me wrong, it was an entertaining game. But I just kind of knew that when the game would be on the line, Mac wouldn't be able to answer the call. And that's exactly what happened.

If I were BB, I'd be starting Zappe next week and letting Mac learn from watching on the bench. But I know he's not going to do that because of 'sunken cost fallacy' and because he spent a 1st rounder on Mac. He's going to give Mac Jones every chance, the same way he gave N'Keal Harry every chance to prove he wasn't a good starter in the NFL.

I know there's gonna be a lot of excuse making and oh boy he had his "best game evah!" kind of praise.

But bottom line Mac Jones had two bites at the apple in the clutch and couldn't deliver the game-tying drive.

When the defense finally comes apart against a good offense, and when the Patriots offensive unit needs to bail out the defense, they're just not capable of doing so. This is not a surprise. We've seen it all season, what has changed that would affect the result? Same QB, same offensive play caller, same skill players, same result.

View attachment 47637
He hit that pass to Agholor, which unfortunately Agholor didn't finish the play. He doesn't have the horses to go down the field with no timeouts. I think that's pretty obvious.

our pass rush also dissappeared today vs a team with a poor oline.
It seemed like the Pats pass rush was slowed by all the play action. They didn’t really ever pin their ears back and get to the qb like they have in past games. Not sure why other teams haven’t manufactured extra time for their QBs with play action like the Vikings did but I promise you every team they play from here on out will try the same tactic so they need to get it figured out.

Mac jones took a bad sack on that 3rd and 7

How do you see a blitz pre-snap, and then not plan to throw the check down? Henry was open

Instead, he stares down the left side of the field for a 15 yard route.

I don't know.

Dolphins
Ravens
Vikings

4 games this season where Mac couldn't get it done

Jets 2x
Steelers

Games where Mac didn't put it away but got bailed out

Our o-line has been a mess all year and we'll likely need 2 new starting tackles next year.
Give Patricia credit. The line really stepped up. Guard play was good. Tackle play was adequate to good. Trent Brown was very good except for that stupid play where he went for the guy’s legs and fell down. Nice rebound game.

Even whipping boy James Ferentz more than held his own over 80 percent of the time.

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
its frustrating that they'll pay someone like him 15 mil a year, but they wont pay a Stefon Diggs or someone like that 2-3 million more for actual elite production
The Bills traded for Diggs, multiple picks. In fact, the Vikings traded Diggs and took Jefferson with the 1st they got from the Bills. So it's really $17-18m plus draft picks.

Isn’t the play over

im not going to research it but I don’t remember the last time a BB defense put a good offense in check, seems like it’s been at least two years. They look all world against scrub but look completely different against good qbs.

Last year v. Bucs
Last year v. Bills (monsoon game)

Mac has to calm down when things don't go his way. No pouting, no wild gestures, no running after the refs. It does suggest emotional immaturity and its not a good look for leader of the team.
He had a good game but the emotional immaturity under adverse circumstances keeps rearing its ugly head.
If he had even a semi competent qb coach he would have taught that lesson to Mac already

Isn’t the play over

The good offenses attack our LBs.

That's how they keep drives alive. We're weak there.

I was screaming at the top of my lungs that it was a catch, even after the first replay I saw. So don't lump me into the group of people who only want the Patriots to lose. Or bring ball pressure into this. Like that has anything to do with it. You obviously had too much wine tonight.

It's obnoxious, it's inconsistent, it's frustrating, but it is 100% a call you expect the officials to make there. Pointing out examples where they failed to be consistent in other plays doesn't magically make it the wrong call. If they see the ball hit the ground, and it's not in your possession until you literally stand up and give it to them, expect it to be incomplete.
When did it hit the ground? If it did I never saw it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots