PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Vikings beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
2021 mac is back. His accuracy has returned to form & he has more zip on the ball recently.

The pass rush was disappointing. Probably the main reason they lost. If you give kirk too much time with those weapons the vikings are going to score.

The pats are going to face the bills at home without von miller & maybe no rousseau. The bills cbs have been getting lit up. Next week is arguably the biggest game of mac’s career. They should be able to score & keep it competitive IMO.

View attachment 47636

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, Feel free correct me, But he caught the ball right lemme just put a Check next to A? And then his feet hit the ground right, so that covers B. Then in C it says "extend it forward" . I can't help but notice in your post you used the words "I saw him reach for the endzone"
So Excuse me, I just need to go look at the photo and video again, and yeah, hes got the ball, He's got posession, His feet both touched the ground, and then he EXTENDED THE BALL OVER THE GOAL LINE.

a..b..c.. touchdown.

Move along.

Nope. Doesn't check the box for C. I would expand more but you told me to move along so I'm gonna move along.

Mac played really, really well for most of the game. Great zip, throwing with good velocity, stepping into throws, on time, in rhythm, accurate. High level QB play. Then the flustered, overwhelmed Mac came out during those final few offensive plays. Just cannot take the sack he did (although the route combination and cut block was an interesting choice).

Following the no-call when he appeared to be facemasked, he was red-faced and outwardly visibly emotional. Slammed his helmet after the game concluded. I certainly didn’t feel any confidence or poise watching him.

Mac clearly is a talented passer. He clearly cares, a lot. I’m just a bit concerned about his ability to stay emotionally steady in critical moments. He appears easily overwhelmed by adversity in big situations. There’s a difference between getting mad and getting upset; Mac gets upset.

I want to see him develop thicker skin and play with a more consistent, steady, assured demeanor/disposition regardless of what is going on around him.

They didn’t lose the game because of Mac, though. That belongs to the special teams and officials.

Last edited:
Mac was ass in the fourth after being straight fire to start

Painful to watch in person

Mac Jones Second Half Totals:
Total: 16-of-24 (66.7%) 234 yards 1TD, no turnovers

How is that being "ass"?

I’m saying for our purposes as in, what we are trying to do with who we have. Obviously not as talented as Jefferson compared straight up.
Our purposes aren't helping us win games. The Vikings meanwhile are one of the contenders in the NFC.

Jefferson's only competition for best WR in the league are Diggs and Hill (unfortunately for us, both in the division). Parker just happens to be the best we have. There's a world of difference imo. We need a true number 1

Meyers catches a lot of balls, and then instantly goes to the ground. He went straight to the ground at the end with 2 seconds left and no one around him, waiting for someone to come up and touch him down.
He’s also not a clutch 3rd down receiver like Brown, Welker, Edelman, Amendola. That’s 20 years of moving the chains

Mac Jones Final Stats:
Total:
28-of-39 (71.8%) 382yds 2 TDs 0 INTs

By Down:
1st: 10/14 (71.4%) 98yds
2nd: 13/15 (86.7%) 231yds 2 TDs
3rd: 5/9 (55.6%) 53yds
4th: 0/1

Defense isn’t progressing. They revert back to average or below average when facing qbs not named Wilson or Ellinger or whatever his name is.
I disagree. I think it’s personnel. Tavai and Bentley played a lot. The Vikings have a strong offense. They had their way in the middle of the field where the middle linebackers cover in pass plays.

Mack and Raekwon can cover more ground.

I’m confused.

after tonight the NYJ remain the only team w a winning record the Patriots have beaten in a long time

Nope. Doesn't check the box for C. I would expand more but you told me to move along so I'm gonna move along.
Whatever helps the you keep your narrative that it wasn't a touchdown despite the rules and every single person on the planet knowing it actually was a touchdown. there are viking fans saying it's a touchdown. The only people who think it wasn't a touchdown are you, and people who Only want the patriots to lose, regardless. Like the same people who you explain ball pressure to, and instead will just go "they are cheaters I don't care what the truth is"

Mac played really, really well up until the final few drives. Then the flustered, overwhelmed, anxious Mac came out. Just cannot take the sack he did.

He seemed to be on the verge of an emotional breakdown on a few occasions late following the no-call when he appeared to be facemasked. Red-faced, quivering lip, visibly emotional. Slammed his helmet. I certainly didn’t feel any confidence or poise watching him.

Mac clearly is a talented passer. He clearly cares, a lot. I’m just a bit concerned about his emotional maturity; he seems unsteady and is easily overwhelmed by adversity in big moments. There’s a difference between getting mad and getting upset. Mac gets upset. I want to see him develop thicker skin and play with a more consistent, steady, assured vibe regardless of what is going on around him.

They didn’t lose the game because of Mac, though. That belongs to the special teams and officials.
That’s actually a well-reasoned take. There’s a difference between being mad then moving on to the next play and letting something continue to bother you. Mac falls into the latter category.

Mac was ass in the fourth after being straight fire to start

Painful to watch in person
Yup, Mac Jones had a good game until the game was on the line. Then he crumbled like a house of cards.

As much as people like to dump on Kirk Cousins, Kirk Cousins just outdueled Mac Jones on Thanksgiving day.

Mac Jones kept taking big sacks and missing plays in the biggest moments of the game.

Don't get me wrong, it was an entertaining game. But I just kind of knew that when the game would be on the line, Mac wouldn't be able to answer the call. And that's exactly what happened.

If I were BB, I'd be starting Zappe next week and letting Mac learn from watching on the bench. But I know he's not going to do that because of 'sunken cost fallacy' and because he spent a 1st rounder on Mac. He's going to give Mac Jones every chance, the same way he gave N'Keal Harry every chance to prove he wasn't a good starter in the NFL.

I know there's gonna be a lot of excuse making and oh boy he had his "best game evah!" kind of praise.

But bottom line Mac Jones had two bites at the apple in the clutch and couldn't deliver the game-tying drive.

When the defense finally comes apart against a good offense, and when the Patriots offensive unit needs to bail out the defense, they're just not capable of doing so. This is not a surprise. We've seen it all season, what has changed that would affect the result? Same QB, same offensive play caller, same skill players, same result.

1669352910333.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing