PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Vikings beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you, uh, point me in the direction of said shaft master?
Mac could get drunk and crash his car, and this guy would blame the O line and OC for it.

I'm not sure you're his type. Put on a #10 jersey and ya might get a quick tug!

How can they overturn the TD if the ball never hit the ground ? Worst case spot it at the 1inch line...i cant fathom that call.
You can't just make up rules as you go along. The ball moved when he hit the ground. As much as it sucks for us that isn't a catch.

Mac did well. If we are going to stick with him, he needs a quick slot receiver. The guys on the team are not what he needs. Needs Welker, Jules type who can get open quickly and early. I like Mac when he does not turn the ball over. Today was not on him. The Strong dude is an idiot.
Vikings got all the breaks, luck and had to pull off so many tricks to win. They all paid out but giving a kickoff return is just bad all around.

Mac Jones Second Half Totals:
Total:
16-of-24 (66.7%) 234yds 1TD

By Down:
1st: 5/8 (62.5%) 33yds
2nd: 8/9 (88.9%) 155yds 1TD
3rd: 3/6 (50%) 46yds
4th: 0/1

Tough game. I am not one to ever blame the refs, but they were really bad today. I'm still not sure how the Hunter Henry TD was reversed. That was a catch!!!

Mac looked good, our offense overall looked better. Defense struggled against the offense.I thought Judon was very quiet tonight.

Our special teams(Stong, punter) had rough games.

Justin Jefferson is a stud.

We are onto Buffalo.

Let's discuss!!!
4 extra points for the Hunter TD would't have been enough.

The Offense had its best game.

The Special Team game up a punt return for a TD and ran into the kicker. That was the difference.

I'm not sure why people are so surprised at the defense.

I was saying all week that the Vikings offense is multidimensional and will give us problems, especially underneath. This was not a shock to me at all. We struggle underneath. Cousins was bailed out so many times and the Vikes OL held off the pass rush BECAUSE they went dink and dunk.

I wasn't surprised at all.

Two things: When McMillan replaced Bentley, we looked a lot better underneath. McCourty was late 3x on big pass plays.

If the Henry TD stays, we tie the game with a FG late. Basically that ridiculous call determined the entire game.

If we do not run into the punter, we win the game with a field goal.

I saw him reach for the endzone, the ball hit the ground, and IMMEDIATELY become dislodged. If it hadn't become dislodged, then the ball would've been securely held by HH when he rolled over. But when he rolled over he clearly didn't have possession of it.

It's the same idea as this play:

You HAVE to survive the ground.

Here's the play:

Ball doesn't move until AFTER it comes off the ground.

It looked to me like jamming it into his helmet caused the ball to dislodge.

That throw would've been amazing if Agholor didn't stop like a dumb ass his ball skills suck

its frustrating that they'll pay someone like him 15 mil a year, but they wont pay a Stefon Diggs or someone like that 2-3 million more for actual elite production

We need an Edelman, Myers is nice and a great kid, but he is not an Edelman/Welker.

and Another thing.
Whoever replaces Patricia, please remove All of these stupid ass plays where 2 receivers and ending their ****ing routers right on top of each other.

I saw at least 4 instances tonight where passes were at 2 dudes that were within a yard of each other. Even if the catch is made, they Immediately collide.
I noticed that too. I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt thinking maybe the ball came out quick before these guys separated on their routes but it happened way too often.

The team has no defensive coordinator and no official offensive coordinator. How you think that's a good idea is beyond me.
This sentiment won’t be going away. It’s been around since training camp. Nothing this season has made people feel anything but Belichick has wasted this season by his staffing decisions among the coaches. First off, they have the fewest in the league.

4 extra points for the Hunter TD would't have been enough.

The Offense had its best game.

The Special Team game up a punt return for a TD and ran into the kicker. That was the difference.
It would've been enough. We'd be kicking a FG at the end to tie.

Mac did well. If we are going to stick with him, he needs a quick slot receiver. The guys on the team are not what he needs. Needs Welker, Jules type who can get open quickly and early. I like Mac when he does not turn the ball over. Today was not on him. The Strong dude is an idiot.
Vikings got all the breaks, luck and had to pull off so many tricks to win. They all paid out but giving a kickoff return is just bad all around.
I’m hoping Marcus Jones can be taught by Troy Brown how to be just that.

Dear Visching Dtaff - when a fan feels more comfortable trying to score from 35 yards out there is something desperately wrong with our Red Zone Offense. Please FiX!!

I am still left feeling optimistic about the team. If the OL can get healthy and Mac can keep this level of play up, they’ve got a chance. I think they’ll ultimately be limited by their WR personnel which has a few good players but no excellent players and only one clutch player who is getting hurt a lot.

In 2023 they need to retool their WR room anyway - if they can correct that issue to some extent and also upgrade the OL a bit (mainly a right tackle) they’ll be in a nice spot on offense.

I was never "The Pats need an elite WR" type of guy, but tonight is an example of proving me wrong. The league has changed. An elite WR can be the difference for a lot of teams. The biggest difference between Mac Jones and Kirk Cousins tonight wasn't the two QBs. It was Justin Jefferson.
100%. I think for us part of it was that our dynasty was sort of on the tail end of that change in the league and the fact that Brady was able to smooth it out for us by elevating talent. But lets' be real... Allen was on the hotseat until Diggs came in. He definitely improved but Diggs was the immediate factor in flipping the script on him. Mahomes never played a season without Kelce (who I know he isn't popular on here sometimes, but the dude is probably the best TE of the past decade not named Gronk and is making an extremely clear HOF case for himself) and until this year he had Hill who was the fastest receiver in the league. Tua looks like a different guy with Hill and Waddle. Rodgers lost Adams and now he looks like **** this year. Brady had bang ups on his receiving corp this year and he's been having struggles until recently (I still think he'll pull it together and keep momentum going). As you said, the difference tonight was that Mac threw to Meyers and Agholor in the big moments and Cousins threw to Jefferson.

The league is firmly a passing league. If you can't pass, you won't win. If your WR's can't make big plays with adversity, you will struggle.

We need an Edelman, Myers is nice and a great kid, but he is not an Edelman/Welker.
Meyers catches a lot of balls, and then instantly goes to the ground. He went straight to the ground at the end with 2 seconds left and no one around him, waiting for someone to come up and touch him down.

There's no signs the Pats are building towards anything except being the .500 football team they've been since Tom Brady left.

They're never going to be or awful or great and i see nothing changing about that anytime soon based on 2 1/2 seasons of evidence, they're just ok.

People don't want to admit it because they want some kind of hope but we all know it, Mac Jones and the Patriots are now the Andy Dalton Bengals they're alright they'll float about 9 or 10 wins but no one respects them as a legitimate team and the contenders will run right over them everytime.
This has been my point all year. They will not progress without elite young talent from the draft, With their middle of the pack record they are not in good position to upgrade talent, Sixers were stuck like this for years UNTIL the process came along.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes