PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Texans beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Jets are getting Lawrence, any chance we could be looking at grabbing Darnold and maybe a mid-draft pick? I hear Darnold showed a lot of promise, maybe he could make it work in NE handing off to White on 2nd and 20

We're officially in Lloyd Christmas territory. Playoffs for us start now. Someone needs to tell Cam that bounce passes are only allowed in basketball. It's like he gets into Knoblauch mode.

Harris was fed early on the 1st drive and we got a TD. Then he was on the bench pretty much the rest of the game. Belichick and McDaniels need to give their heads a shake.

Looks like they’ll pick right in the middle of the draft. Don’t need a QB there, you’ll get the same quality in day 2.
TE or an anchor on the DL if we’re picking in the teens.

Yea, Stidham needs to start for now on. The playoffs were lost with this loss. Just start him and if he fails, then draft a QB early. If he shows promise, you have a lot more maneuverability.

They need to let Stidham start the rest of the year and figure out just how bad we need a first round QB. If he loses out, great. If he shows promise, maybe some more help at WR or TE can be had
What do you think they need to figure out? The fact that he's not starting and has turned the ball over every time he has hit the field the last two seasons tells you what they think of him being a starter. The fact that he lost out to Cam on impact tells you what they think of him. What more do we need to see with him? They've benched Cam multiple times this season and refuse to start Stidham. That's your answer. The one we have isn't working and the one on the bench is bad enough to not get a shot.

I can't believe people are still playing the Stidham fantasy

We are now facing a worst case scenario. Middling record, no playoffs, middle of the pack draft selection. But hey, at least we beat the Jets!

Naw they can still find themselves back in the top 10 somehow.

My nightmare scenario this season wasn't going 2-14 or just barely missing out on the playoffs. It was getting stuck in draft purgatory with something like a 6-10 to 8-8 record. We are pretty much guaranteed to get that. We had no shot making the playoffs the minute we went down 2-5. I'm pretty sure the Jets threw a game against us at the end and then we beat the Ravens in a monsoon. So now we are a completely screwed at repairing this team this off season

My nightmare scenario this season wasn't going 2-14 or just barely missing out on the playoffs. It was getting stuck in draft purgatory with something like a 6-10 to 8-8 record. We are pretty much guaranteed to get that. We had no shot making the playoffs the minute we went down 2-5. I'm pretty sure the Jets threw a game against us at the end and then we beat the Ravens in a monsoon. So now we are a completely screwed at repairing this team this off season
They sky is falling! No team can ever recover from 7-9. Only teams that win less than 5 games can ever make the playoffs again! Everybody knows this, BB should throw every game left.

This team desperately needs a legit middle linebacker and some interior pass rush. I'd honestly be ok with using high draft picks at those two spots and maybe finding a better stop gap qb. Obviously depends on who is available, though.

.....and please, when the young TE's get healthy, get them in there. Nothing to lose now.

Prancerman is useless. Give him a mirror and let him sit it out in a corner somewhere
At least I wouldn't break the mirror like you

What a bummer, we're just not good enough on either side of the ball this year. Our secondary , the supposed strength, has got lit up in multiple games this season. Defense overall has not played well in a long time other than when aided by a monsoon.

And the offense , no suprises there, but not nearly potent enough and we don't have that playmaker that we can go to in the clutch. QB is not clutch either.

Coaching / playcalling has also been pretty suspect. We were due for a disappointing year though, I just hope over the stretch we see some improvements on both sides and something to build on for next year, our small playoff window appears to have closed .
Pretty disconcerting seeing how our defense took a gigantic step back from last year. Guess I should have been more realistic watching the opt-outs and players leaving.

1.)Well, it is time....

To Run The Table, BABY!!! Lfg!!

2.) That was a bad performance by the OL. Unable to open holes in the middle of the DL?!?!?

3.) Watt blocked 4 passes? How about not throwing in the vicinity of Watt?

4.) Harris was not being used enough on first down......

5.) Why the hell were we having trouble covering their TEs?!?!

Cam is not the long term answer. The best thing to do now is to tank and pick our qb in the draft, its not going to be Lawrence unfortunately but maybe someone else
He has the worst touch on short (5-7 yard) passes that I have ever seen, to go along with terrible pocket awareness. He is 0-4 on late drives to either tie or win the game. I’ve seen enough. Check, please!

Pretty disconcerting seeing how our defense took a gigantic step back from last year. Guess I should have been more realistic watching the opt-outs and players leaving.

Same here, was hoping our replacements could cover up the huge losses there but we clearly have taken a huge step back defensively.

He has the worst touch on short (5-7 yard) passes that I have ever seen, to go along with terrible pocket awareness. He is 0-4 on late drives to either tie or win the game. I’ve seen enough. Check, please!
0-4 with a first down at the opponent 30. That’s incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes