PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Texans beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
If no playoffs, we might as well lose to get a higher draft pick. Cam is not the answer. Draft a QB with our first rounder.

1.)Well, it is time....

To Run The Table, BABY!!! Lfg!!

2.) That was a bad performance by the OL. Unable to open holes in the middle of the DL?!?!?

3.) Watt blocked 4 passes? How about not throwing in the vicinity of Watt?

4.) Harris was not being used enough on first down......

5.) Why the hell were we having trouble covering their TEs?!?!
The answers to all the questions is the Patriots are not a good football team.

My personal conclusion: meh. Fake season/bridge year/dynasty intermission. The Pats will be back atop the AFCE in 2021.

I have no idea why you would throw the ball so much against a putrid run defense, todays gameplan was hilariously bad.
Because you're playing from behind and the Texans were pretty good at stopping the run.

What happened to Cam running the ball? Teams are probably playing it a little differently now, but we barely see it anymore. If they're not going to take advantage of his running ability, they may as well go in a different direction.

I have no idea why you would throw the ball so much against a putrid run defense, todays gameplan was hilariously bad.
They ran a lot on the first drive and it worked. Then they got cute.

This season was a no go before it even started. Because of Covid, Krafty Bob turned off the money spigot and said fugghedaboutit this year due to seriously decreased revenues. $1 milllion for sCam Newton tells you everything you need to know. This is a business, nothing more, nothing less. No need to get emotional about it. It is what it is.

I am sad.
The worst part is that this is completely expected. This team is painfully limited on all three phases of the play.

The offense: It is what it is. We can run, but we abandoned it for whatever reason. We can't make a comeback late in the game. Failure 4/4. Seattle, Denver, Buffalo and now Houston. Cam decision making is not at the NFL level. Props to Byrd. Feel sorry for Rex. :(

The defense: It is not a good unit. We have no pass rush, we can't blitz, and our secondary is overated. A good QB will abuse it every time. Only positive is run defense.

Special teams: Folk and Bailey are good. Gunner...

Coaching: It's not popular to criticize BB, but I don't like what I see from coaching. Other teams are outcoaching us, and it is becoming a regular thing.

We are on to the rebuild.

They sky is falling! No team can ever recover from 7-9. Only teams that win less than 5 games can ever make the playoffs again! Everybody knows this, BB should throw every game left.
Cognitive dissonance. We are in a rebuild. Whether people want to admit that or not is their problem. The question is how fast will this rebuild be.

These are the problems the team has in order.

1. QB. Easily the most important piece. Even a good team will lose more often than not without a real answer here.

2. WR/TE. We just had a historic defense and the GOAT QB (who regardless of what people want to believe) and the WR/TE issue was a serious hindrance that cost them down the stretch.

3. LB's We are just flat out weak here right now and Hightower is older and missing another year is a problem I don't see being fixed right away.

We also have depth issues in our offensive line and our secondary is aging. Gilmore is going to be further in his 30's and we probably will have contract issues with him, the McCourtey's are aging and not the same, Chung will be 34 next year and like Hightower just missed a season. We also could stand to find a new kicker if we are being totally honest.

So like yeah we will get better... someday. But we could have accellerated the process it what was essentially a lost year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back