PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Texans beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point i rather they lose out and get a high draft pick. This team needs some talent. I would keep byrd. I think we missed out today on the playoffs.
Too late. That dream is over. We woudn't even be the top 10 right now. That's what pretending we could win out or maybe only drop one game the rest of the way the last few weeks got us

My nightmare scenario this season wasn't going 2-14 or just barely missing out on the playoffs. It was getting stuck in draft purgatory with something like a 6-10 to 8-8 record. We are pretty much guaranteed to get that. We had no shot making the playoffs the minute we went down 2-5. I'm pretty sure the Jets threw a game against us at the end and then we beat the Ravens in a monsoon. So now we are a completely screwed at repairing this team this off season
I'm not happy but I'm not sure about being "completely screwed at repairing this team this off season"

Why is it that we have the only mobile QB in the league who can’t shed/elude pash rushers and then run for the first down?

The lack of pressure on opposing QB's is killing this defense. Understand that they played cautious today due to Watson's running ability but they never even made him uncomfortable let alone sack him. Team is on pace for around 20 sacks for the year.

We are now facing a worst case scenario. Middling record, no playoffs, middle of the pack draft selection. But hey, at least we beat the Jets!

Patriots deserved to lose for only giving Harris 11 carries, outsmarted yourself again.

Offensive play calling was pathetic and defense was god awful, Texans can't stop a nosebleed on the ground so lets throw the ball all day with a poor passing offense.

We’d be one game behind the Ratbirds right now but well you know. :(

They need to let Stidham start the rest of the year and figure out just how bad we need a first round QB. If he loses out, great. If he shows promise, maybe some more help at WR or TE can be had

Cam is not the long term answer. The best thing to do now is to tank and pick our qb in the draft, its not going to be Lawrence unfortunately but maybe someone else

I'm not happy but I'm not sure about being "completely screwed at repairing this team this off season"
This team does not have a QB. It doesn't matter who we pick up in the off season without a QB. We are not going to turn into the 2000 Ravens next year or the 2015 Broncos next years to be able to win without a QB. That simply isn't happening. We will not find a longterm QB in this draft. Bill's not going to reach for one and all the 1st round quality ones will be gone before us.

We screwed ourselves thinking a win vs the Jets and Ravens mattered. Losing to Buffalo and going 2-5 was the end of our season. going 2-0 against the Ravens and Jets was the end of our off season hopes.

Another sign that 2020 is all f’d up: Browns have a better record than the Pats, LOL.

My nightmare scenario this season wasn't going 2-14 or just barely missing out on the playoffs. It was getting stuck in draft purgatory with something like a 6-10 to 8-8 record. We are pretty much guaranteed to get that. We had no shot making the playoffs the minute we went down 2-5. I'm pretty sure the Jets threw a game against us at the end and then we beat the Ravens in a monsoon. So now we are a completely screwed at repairing this team this off season
2-14 doesn’t guarantee a quick turnaround. Ask the Jets.

But it might have guaranteed we’d be looking for a new head coach next year though. Then watch the Patsies suck for the rest of the decade and laugh.

What a bummer, we're just not good enough on either side of the ball this year. Our secondary , the supposed strength, has got lit up in multiple games this season. Defense overall has not played well in a long time other than when aided by a monsoon.

And the offense , no suprises there, but not nearly potent enough and we don't have that playmaker that we can go to in the clutch. QB is not clutch either.

Coaching / playcalling has also been pretty suspect. We were due for a disappointing year though, I just hope over the stretch we see some improvements on both sides and something to build on for next year, our small playoff window appears to have closed .

McDumbass is always looking for reasons to bail on the run. Nobody should be surprised he gave up on it after seeing success vs a stacked box. Play-action worked, so the hell with Harris. Remember this is the same OC that kept Hooman around and actually played him over useful players such as Develin on a regular basis. Brady covered up/audibled out of his dumbassery regularly. The fact this clown got HC gigs is an indictment of NFL FOs.

I don't think this team ultimately could be competitive late in the postseason. They just lack talent/depth at some spots.

At this point I'm not concerned about wins/losses - just want to see them compete hard and have the young players (Dugger, Onwenu, Harry, Meyers, Harris, Uche, Wino, Joejuan) hopefully develop and grow in their roles. The growth Meyers, Onwenu, Dugger, Harris are showing is great. Uche and Wino flashing at times too.

With cap space next season is a different story. The only real '?' would be the QB spot. I'm feeling a lot better about Cam now than I was 2-3 weeks ago but still not sure if he's a long term answer.

We shall see.

We are now facing a worst case scenario. Middling record, no playoffs, middle of the pack draft selection. But hey, at least we beat the Jets!

I don't know if it's worst case scenario if we find out who foundational pieces for 2021 and beyond are, while going 7-9. Meyers, Harris, Asiasi, Onwenu, Eleamanor, Winovich, Uche, Jennings, JC Jackson, Dugger, get them a ton of playing time this year. Trade NKeal Harry and Sony to McDaniels' future team after he's fired.

Well I thought the offense was good enough It's just the defense was a complete train wreck. Not too disappointed since I predicted five wins at the start of the season and looking at the schedule the only when I see remaining is against the Jets.

Also the Ravens lost at home. Maybe that win last week wasn't as good as I originally thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes