PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Texans beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there's enough volume (and through his career) to see he's just not very accurate. He did complete a lot of passes today, but nothing really jumped out to me as precise, crisp, sharp or a QB capable of making accurate throws in tight windows. A lot of his passes were just hitting WR that were uncovered running wide open all over the field. The Byrd TD was putting it where the receiver needed to be, but i'm putting more on Byrd making a great play and tracking it well. Cam's arm strength has faded as well. There's no timing to this offense with him, it's just a QB dumping it off if a WR isnt streaking across the middle wide open.
Both of Byrd's big catches were fantastic passes from Newton. The offensive line also sucked for Cam today. The fact is Cam isn't getting much help and he is constantly under pressure. He's not as accurate as we would like, but he's in a terrible position. People on this very site were saying Brady was washed last year for similar circumstances

Cam is a bad QB. That's it. Wven wide-open receivers ON THE LOS are getting balls skipped to them, regularly. Lol, it's embarassing. Then McDumbass piles on by abondoning the run with the exception of even more mind numbing calls like the Rex his knee sweep and the roll up Wynn draw. Maybe McDumbass is after the NYJ HC job? I have no other explanation for such a horrible ****ing game plan. The offense had success against a stacked box.

Moncrief makes a grab, then? Nothing? But NKeal got to flounder trying to catch bounce passes most the 4th quarter. Quick, someone check his seperation stats, he had a couple grabs behind the LOS that should pad those. Lmao.

This offense will not improve until McDipshit is axed. Hopefully Woody is drunk enough to offer him a job. Can't be any worse than the guy that showed up to his intro presser apparently tripping balls. Please Jeebus, let the Jets be incapably stupid just once more. Josh may be dumb enough to turn around and trade for his butt buddy Harry. Two birds one stone, perhaps?
Don’t you mean one Byrd? Sorry, I’m a Dad and I make way too many awful Dad jokes

Careful what you say about Harry because some people on here think he's the next Randy Moss.

He averages 8 yards a catch. He's absolutely terrible. And he makes the offense worse because Cam needs Meyers to play that spot especially when blitzed instead of Harry taking that WR position and wasting space out there.

Forget about the loss.....what's Cam wearing post game?
Suade?
Chiffon?
Velveteen?
Eyeliner?

Yeah draft position isn’t everything. The only two QBs drafted first overall in the last 25 years with at least one Super Bowl win are Peyton and Eli Manning
And that's 4 SB's. Ben has 2 as well. Mahomes was drafted in the first. Flacco is another. Rodgers is another. Brees would have been a first rounder today because he was drafted top 32. That's 10 basically first round QB's. Brady, Foles, Johnson, Dilfer, Wilson. are the others in the last 20 years. And even in that case, Brady with 6 Super Bowls was an extreme outlier that you can't find anywhere else in NFL history and Foles basically got in the playoffs because a 1st round QB had an MVP quality season to get them in position to go on a run.

The big issue is whether there is a QB that is worth getting in the first round that we can snag. I'm not sure that will be the case

Cam is not the answer going forward. He does as much wrong as he does right. His release is not good for a quy with his experience. Time to move on.

I like the fact that this team has no quit in them and has been in it until the very end in 4 of their losses.
Maybe I was spoiled with Brady but it seems to me that Cam has incredibly poor awareness of what is happening around him. Does not seem to have the ability to step up in the pocket or identify where the open receivers are going to be.

Forget about the loss.....what's Cam wearing post game?
Suade?
Chiffon?
Velveteen?
Eyeliner?

That awful WEEI show in the morning that is getting beaten by contemporary stations and AM stations will let you know.

He averages 8 yards a catch. He's absolutely terrible. And he makes the offense worse because Cam needs Meyers to play that spot especially when blitzed instead of Harry taking that WR position and wasting space out there.

Hey I agree he is horrible but so many people on here say to give him time because he's going to be a stud.

seems to me that Cam has incredibly poor awareness of what is happening around him. Does not seem to have the ability to step up in the pocket or identify where the open receivers are going to be.
Seems the same to me too

Cam is not the answer going forward. He does as much wrong as he does right. His release is not good for a quy with his experience. Time to move on.
Is it me, or does it always look like he's throwing somewhere completely away from where the pass goes as he hits his release point? Then theres the old sidearm 1 hop to the uncovered garbage WR at the LOS. Meyers go shut down with a double, and they STILL had to motion/playfake Harry open for screens! Lmao. Has McDummy lost his draft privileges yet? ************. This is the same clown that drafted Tim "teammate" Tebow in the 1st, it's not like the idiocy should be a surprise.

Everyone's all pros from last week, Jackson and Duggar, really sucked today. And the McCourty twins need too call it quits after this season

One beef about the broadcast is the fact that they rarely replay penalties. The Pats had a number of big calls against them on offense and it was hard to know if they were legit or not. They seemed to show an OPI on Harry that clearly was not one. Never saw the hold on Harry or Thuney that both set them back. They did show the replays on the 2 Texans calls that were ultimately reversed and I honestly do not know why either was changed.

Everyone's all pros from last week, Jackson and Duggar, really sucked today. And the McCourty twins need too call it quits after this season

They’re still young and will be up and down for a bit. That’s normal. There is no excuse for the McCourtys.

And that's 4 SB's. Ben has 2 as well. Mahomes was drafted in the first. Flacco is another. Rodgers is another. Brees would have been a first rounder today because he was drafted top 32. That's 10 basically first round QB's. Brady, Foles, Johnson, Dilfer, Wilson. are the others in the last 20 years. And even in that case, Brady with 6 Super Bowls was an extreme outlier that you can't find anywhere else in NFL history and Foles basically got in the playoffs because a 1st round QB had an MVP quality season to get them in position to go on a run.

The big issue is whether there is a QB that is worth getting in the first round that we can snag. I'm not sure that will be the case

So over half of SB winning QBs were not first round picks. And among first round picks most were later or mid first round picks. So why are you freaking out if we pick 13th instead of 8th ? I don't even want us to go offense in the first round anyways, given how sh-tty I think McDaniels is at talent evaluation. Use our first rounder on DT/DE/LB. Draft Mac Jones later on at QB.

Both of Byrd's big catches were fantastic passes from Newton. The offensive line also sucked for Cam today. The fact is Cam isn't getting much help and he is constantly under pressure. He's not as accurate as we would like, but he's in a terrible position. People on this very site were saying Brady was washed last year for similar circumstances
The TD was underthrown badly. Bad throw, great adjustment, box-out and catch.

I hope people realize that Cameron was 100% signed in attempt to make this season some what interesting. Belichick knows his team is horrible and he also knows that Newton isn't the long-term solution.

Last edited:
People on this forum were upset when someone wrote the Patriots had the 30th best roster
last year. Guess what? That person was right. We have seen another year of losing key players
and will have 20 free agents next March. A day or so ago, two more draft mistakes, Rivers and
Froholdt, were cut loose.
Good coaching only goes so far. They cannot transform s**t into Shineola forever. We need a few
good drafts and numerous good free agents.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe