PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread -Pats @ Dolphins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love BB's press conference after a loss, he's pissed. You'll see a different team against Pittsburgh, which is all that matters.

There are three possible explanations for Brady's play tonight:
A. He had a bad night and the team was missing too many key players.
B. He's hurt.
C. It's week 14 and this is what happens to 40 year old QB's in week 14 when they've only had one week off since August.

Personally, I'm going with "A" until proven otherwise.
If it's "B," I hope they stop ****ing around with us and just tell us.
C. is unthinkable.
None of those automatically excludes the other two. I'm taking A+B, where B is a manifestation of C.

Blame the defense if you must, but the offense was ZERO for eleven on 3rd down. IMHO, the offense was truly awful.

The defense played about as well as they could after losing Flowers in addition to everyone else. In addition, branch was injured early, and came back.

If the offense was on the field lots more, then we were likely OK.
I agree, but that 80 yard drive after our first TD was awful.

Wow that was ugly in every phase. Looked like our JV defense out there. People were way too confident before this one everyone was acting like it was a gimme. I hate when people act like that no game in this league is a gimme (especially playing away at a division rival). That was painful the offensive play calling was ****. Now we have a short week against a Steelers team that smells blood.

We should wreck them.

Both were badly underthrown, luuked. Also TD pass to White was not a good throw . among many others..
The 2nd int was a good throw, would have hit cooks in stride but Howard closed the gap and took it.

Both were badly underthrown, luuked. Also TD pass to White was not a good throw . among many others..

So what ? How often have we seen a receiver realize that and just slow down a bit to force the DB to run into him either ensuring that at worst those throws are incompletions or at best draw a flag ?

I am not saying Cooks should have caught the ball that was clearly impossible. But what he should have done is show situational awareness and prevent the INT by giving up on the catch and seeking contact.

Yeah, but I just don't think he looked normal today. I'm not trying to overreact or say we don't win next week, but he just looked weird today.
More than half his throws seemed of his back foot or flat footed, definitely very aware/concerned of the pass rush...

I'm mad at the team but not worried. I don't think this game reflects much on the rest of the season--Miami is a unique challenge with their d-line, and we had no Gronk which means our offense basically didn't resemble what it will be for the rest of the season.

This game has zero bearing on next week's game at Pitt IMO. It's still all about matchups and NE has a massive advantage with their TEs and RBs against Pittsburgh's ILBs and safeties. Pitt's hope on defense is that their stud D-linemen (Tuitt, Heyward) can exploit the interior of the NE OL and get consistent inside pressure. Otherwise Pitt will be chasing all night.

I don't think these kinds of losses are particularly meaningful; most teams have to deal with a road clunker (particularly in division) or two like this one each year. Practically speaking this loss doesn't even mean much for NE, assuming they win in Pittsburgh next week (which I think most people expect them to do, given the series history)

Ok lets do it slowly so you dont get overwhelmed. They win next week they will have the tiebreaker on Pittsburgh. Therefore tonights loss was as meaningless to the big picture as Pittsburghs win yesterday was.

No sh*t but if they lose and Jacksonville wins then they fall to the 3rd seed. Had they won tonight it would give them a slight margin for error. Again have to win out now.

This board is the biggest bandwagon in American sports fandom. When Brady and Belichick leave this board will cease to exist. Pathetic.
Have you read other boards? Plenty of fanbases freak out after losses. Some hilarious may I add.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents