PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Titans

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

I especially agree with points 4, 5 & 8... Pats' edge-setting (where Hank Anderson might've helped) & gap-control responsibilities must be better than they were on Sunday, not only for Monday night but for the rest of the year too...
And Myles Bryant had maybe his worst game of the season since he replaced Jonathan Jones as Slot CB... That situation will now have to be monitored more closely than it had been previously.

This is a very measured response and I agree. I have never been a fan of Bryant but the Pats seem to like him. Hopefully with experience he will improve. And hopefully the tape from the Titans game will go a long way to improving gap and edge discipline. There are a lot of new guys to the system, like Judon, Godchaux, Davis, Barmore, etc., so it is understandable that there is room for improvement. Guy, Hightower, Van Noy and Wise should know what to do.

We do not have to hold teams to under 100 yards rushing every game, and rushing yards do not win games, points do. Saying that, allowing 250+ yards rushing could kill us if the QB is better than Tannehill. Also for mobile QBs, like Allen next Monday, we need gap and edge discipline as well. I do not think this next game will "launch" us or anything like that, it is one more stepping stone. Let's keep putting one foot in front of the other and walk our way through the playoffs.

I keep seeing Barmores name popping up and how he wasn't in the game. Am i the only one that saw that he got hurt in the first half? I commented at the time, on the GDT, that he was slow getting up, everyone had gotten to they're feet and Barmore was still on the ground, and seemed to be having a hard time getting up.
I didn't see that personally. But it would explain why he only saw 33 of 60 defensive snaps..

I didn't see that personally. But it would explain why he only saw 33 of 60 defensive snaps..

I definitely think he's nicked up a bit, but to be fair 33/60 is 55% of the snaps (which is only slightly below his season average of 57.81%). So it also just could have been gameplan and situation (the Titans being in more 2nd/3rd and short downs than we've seen from teams the last few weeks).

3Every team has lost a player or two, even the Pats who have been relatively free from serious injuries. Tennessee’s injuries were worse than just one player. Their three best offensive players were out, plus several others.

No one thinks the Pats aren’t a good team. They are. But there’s a fair amount of room for improvement. I’d bet Bill would agree.

Beat the Bills in Buffalo and you‘re cooking with gas.

The Patriots have had the following players on the IR since the season started:
Malcolm Perry (non-factor)
James White - (Primary 3rd down back) - missed 9 games and will miss another 5.
Trent Brown - (Starting RT) - Missed 8 games.
Henry Anderson - (Reserve DL) - Missed 8 games. Will miss another 5.
Chase Winovich - (Reserve Edge Rusher)
Josh Uche (Reserve Edge Rusher)
Jamie Collins (Reserve LB)
Harvey Langi - Core Special Teamer - Missed 5 games to this point with a sprained MCL. His return is uncertain.
Jonathan Jones - (Primary Slot Corner) -Missed 6 games. Will miss another 5.

This doesn't include the players who started on PUP/NFI or the players put on IR prior to the start of the season. Players such as Raekwon McMillan, Dalton Keene, and Anfernee Jennings.

Is losing 3 players to season ending injuries during the season considered "light"?

Harvey Langi - Core Special Teamer - Missed 5 games to this point with a sprained MCL. His return is uncertain.

This doesn't include the players who started on PUP/NFI or the players put on IR prior to the start of the season. Players such as Raekwon McMillan, Dalton Keene, and Anfernee Jennings.

Is losing 3 players to season ending injuries during the season considered "light"?

Perhaps, compared with Tennessee. I think they just set a record for most unique starters in a season or something.

I saw a recent tweet which had a graph plot of alls the team….I recall correctly, one axis was games lost to injury and the other axis was wins…The patriots were in the top 3 in terms of most games lost to injury. The Titans were obviously number in that category.

Don't you think Derrick Henry and AJ Brown are worth 50 Harvey Langies and Chase Winoviches?

Don't you think Derrick Henry and AJ Brown are worth 50 Harvey Langies and Chase Winoviches?
What does that have to do with anything that I actually said? Your comparison is apples to kumquats. The point of my post was to highlight that the Patriots have missed key players (of which I did not highlight Winovich) such as Trent Brown, James White, and Jonathan Jones. I'd wager that Trent Brown is worth every bit of Henry. And White's value to the Pats offense is almost equivalent to that of AJ Brown. The Patriots have been lucky that they have had people who could step in and the level of play not falter as much (Brown to Onwenu), White to Bolden.

Perhaps, compared with Tennessee. I think they just set a record for most unique starters in a season or something.
Yes. Tennessee set a record with their 86th rostered player who took snaps in a game.

On that play the Titan C (and he's a good one) completely turns Davis

That happened multiple times, and not just to Davis but to Godchaux as well. Allowed a guard to get to the second level and block our LBs.

What does that have to do with anything that I actually said? Your comparison is apples to kumquats. The point of my post was to highlight that the Patriots have missed key players (of which I did not highlight Winovich) such as Trent Brown, James White, and Jonathan Jones. I'd wager that Trent Brown is worth every bit of Henry. And White's value to the Pats offense is almost equivalent to that of AJ Brown. The Patriots have been lucky that they have had people who could step in and the level of play not falter as much (Brown to Onwenu), White to Bolden.

White = AJ Brown?
Trent Brown = Derrick Henry?

Oh, ok. :rolleyes:

The Pats secondary is going to be tested against the Bills receivers of Diggs, Sanders, Beasley, Davis and Knox. Those 5 players account for 2600 receiving yards.. This is going to put a ton of pressure on the line to not only disrupt Allen, but keep him from beating them with his legs. The entire defense needs to show up for this one and have their A+ game going. Any sort of slip up and it will hurt the Patriots immediately. If I'm Bill, I dust off some of the old game plans that they used against Roethlisberger, McNabb, and Vick where they held those mobile guys is check, forcing them to throw from the pocket instead of being able to roll out and have huge swaths to beat your LBs with their legs.

Through the 1st 7 games, the Bills offense only turned the ball over 4 times.. However, during the last 4 games, they've turned it over 11 times. This is something the Pats will NEED to capitalize on.

The Patriots offense catches a break with Tre'Davious White going on the IR. Bourne, Agholor, Henry, Smith, and Meyers should be able to feast pretty well, though they'll have to be wary of Jordan Poyer and Micah Hyde who can both bring the lumber. The Bills defense is averaging just over 2 turnovers per game.. So ball control by the RBs and WRs as well as no mistakes by Jones will be paramount.

Against good offensive lines, the Bills defense has struggled. One just has to look at what happened against Indianapolis and Tennessee. Against average or poor Offensive lines, the Bills have dominated. The exception for the Bills was KC. That avg/below AVG O-line still allowed KC to put up 120 rushing yards. The Bills have also given up 11 Rushing TDs. 4 to Tenn and 4 to Indy.

We WANT a slug fest against the Bills.. That's a game we can win. We don't want the game to degenerate into a scorefest.

I expect that we might see a lot of Shaun Wade in this game with the Bills having 2 successful slot guys in Sanders and Beasley. I also expect that one of Dmac, Phillips or Dugger will be "Spying" Allen the entire game. So I expect the Pats in a lot of Nickle/Dime formations..

Reactions: sb1
White = AJ Brown?
Trent Brown = Derrick Henry?

Oh, ok. :rolleyes:
So you don't think that Trent Brown is worth a Derrick Henry? You don't watch too much football do you?
I said that White was ALMOST as good as AJ Brown. When you take into consideration his pass blocking and blitz pick-up.

But, yeah.. YOUR comparisons were something I'd expect of DKF, not a legitimate poster.

In hindsight, Id have kept A. Butler over him. Much better pass-rusher, just as ok in the run game.

In a more direct response, there isnt much to add, i can only hope he gets better and keeps the D-line rotation stable. I think there are players between Godchaux and Vea or Danold tho, he isnt close to this level
Butler was a huge liability against the run. Godchaux has been good. People trashing him aren’t reviewing the film.

So you don't think that Trent Brown is worth a Derrick Henry? You don't watch too much football do you?
I said that White was ALMOST as good as AJ Brown. When you take into consideration his pass blocking and blitz pick-up.

But, yeah.. YOUR comparisons were something I'd expect of DKF, not a legitimate poster.
Watch the film on Trent Brown last Sunday.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back