PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Jets

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

You disappeared after complaining so much during the GDT against the Jets, What happened? Thought you might a little happy that we won, but you went silent on me!!!

We won aren't you happy????????????????
My phone died lol
Then my jets friend Fan called me to shoot the breeze for a while.
Lol of course I was happy.
I did feel a bit like you were the teacher who called my parents and called me out in front the class.
Yes I was that kid where I literally had teachers tell my friends parents don’t let Chris ruin them.
Anyway I am super stoked about the defense have some concerns about the kicking game terrified of the offense but if the defense keeps up this kind of play it won’t matter.
Let’s see how it goes.
Also can someone slip some of Peyton’s HGH and Tom’s gummies in Macs ice cream.

Do it @rochrist! Give Kontra a a drive by "dislike" or an "ugh". And while you're at it, do the same for me.
tenor.gif

Yeah, under Josh there was alot of timing routes wich made Mac quickly accend as a rookie.. boy I just wish we could somehow become a average NFL offense.. at this point I'll take a touchdown
don’t worry, law of avgs will even it out

You don’t have to take his word for it, though. From the rule book…

View attachment 47541View attachment 47542

You are now free to click the “dislike” button at your convenience.

If the opponent turns away when contact is imminent it is not a foul. So presumably if the opponent turned away after contact, it is also not a foul.

If the opponent turns away when contact is imminent it is not a foul. So presumably if the opponent turned away after contact, it is also not a foul.
After something, contact in this case, happens is not what “imminent” means.

After something, contact in this case, happens is not what “imminent” means.

Yes, but if you look at the intent, allowing an opposing player to convert a block in the side into a block in the back by simply turning after contact makes no sense.

Balanced look at Mac's game:

I think it is subtle things, but maybe Jones can not correct them. He does not seem to be in a complete flow with his upper and lower body, that first play was on him - the screen pass should have come out earlier, some of his drop backs are too deep, he commonly does not step forward early enough, etc. It does not flow well, but Mac is obviously processing a lot of data, so maybe as the game slows down for him, his mechanics and movement will be more natural.

It was a clear block in the back as the Jets player went forward and this crap gets called a lot even though it had no bearing on the play. The point is Mack Wilson did not need to give the refs a reason to throw a flag and he would’ve taken a lot of heat had they thrown it.
The ref must have bet the Pats at -3.5. :)

Yes, but if you look at the intent, allowing an opposing player to convert a block in the side into a block in the back by simply turning after contact makes no sense.
Why not? Should he cease to go after the ball carrier and just hope the next guy gets him?

Wilson is being benched lmao
And he has an actual offensive coordinator, he's just a pompous, ****y privileged kid.. don't know how he was the #2 pick..

Wilson is being benched lmao
Yep. A great example of why a team should tank if there is a great talent coming out in the Draft who will go #1 overall and it’s clear they aren’t going anywhere. If the Jets hadn’t have won an absolutely useless, pointless game against the Browns in 2020, they’d have Lawrence right now instead of Wilson.

But hey, at least they’ll have that W against Cleveland two years ago to remember as yet another QB ends up being a bust for them.

Yep. A great example of why a team should tank if there is a great talent coming out in the Draft who will go #1 overall and it’s clear they aren’t going anywhere. If the Jets hadn’t have won an absolutely useless, pointless game against the Browns in 2020, they’d have Lawrence right now instead of Wilson.

Yep, same as starting Cant instead of Stiddy vs the Jete on the last day of the 2020 season... Heck we should've lost Both games to them that year; Fields would be our QB today if we had.

Last edited:

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back