PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Jets

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Here's a frame from the opposite angle. Looks to me like Wilson's left arm is in front of the Jet's player when contact is first made:

View attachment 47532
Other angles…

71CF3D96-8514-4268-ABB5-FADEFFD84C60.jpeg

If we’re being honest with ourselves, both of these should have been flagged. They weren’t, though, and I’m finding it hard to care because it’s the Jets.

This board would be losing their minds if the teams were reversed and the Jets had a block like that.

Other angles…

View attachment 47535

If we’re being honest with ourselves, both of these should have been flagged. They weren’t, though, and I’m finding it hard to care because it’s the Jets.

The Schooler one is a legit debate and one I hadn't seen before. The one on the right though? That's several frames after contact. Initial contact was not in the back.

The Schooler one is a legit debate and one I hadn't seen before. The one on the right though? That's several frames after contact. Initial contact was not in the back.
Blandino said that doesn’t matter. If you hit in the back after that, it’s illegal.

However, because it was a block from the Patriots, it must be legal.

It’s a clear block in the back. It could have, and should have, drawn the flag. But, again, it’s the Jete. **** ‘em.

Other angles…

View attachment 47535

Those frames are well after initial contact, though

If I block you on the left shoulder while you are running at full speed and leaning forward, you are going to spin around clockwise, just like what happened.

It’s a clear block in the back. It could have, and should have, drawn the flag. But, again, it’s the Jete. **** ‘em.

I disagree that it's "clear", but it's also not clear that it's NOT a block in the back, so I don't feel all that strongly either way. I agree though, **** 'em.

Well.... BB thinks even penalties should be challengeable, even under two minutes, but the league - and presumably other coaches/organizations - has disagreed. Sucks for the Jets, though...since the call on the field was that it was legal, there's NO WAY enough evidence to overturn that.

Here's the Schooler block at the frame where first contact was made. Also... from the side. #41.

schooler block.jpg

This board would be losing their minds if the teams were reversed and the Jets had a block like that.
It's just a good thing the fortunes were turned to our favor... draft picks are showing up big this season.. I have to go back to Hernandez and gronk to think of a season in wich our draft picks played immediate impact roles.. thanks to groh!

I disagree that it's "clear", but it's also not clear that it's NOT a block in the back, so I don't feel all that strongly either way. I agree though, **** 'em.
Just on this , I saw an earlier post where the player that was hit had actually run out of bounds before the hit. If the hit was called as illegal would they have looked at the entire play ??

What the hell is "Gotham City Football Club"? Is Bim Saleh Bim ashamed of being associated with New Jersey?

Don't blame the Patriots for ruining Punky, blame Woody Johnson for drafting him and ordering Bim to make him a team captain.

Neither Punky, nor in my opinion Any of Lance, Fields, Mac or every other QB taken afterwards is good enough to rise above the mis-handling given him by Woody, Douglas & Mr Clean Junior... Talk about doomed from the start..

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back