PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat Arizona

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Last edited:

Hunter Henry's blocking noticeably worse than Smith's has been.

Someone smart suggested they need to run play action out of two TE sets to help the O-line.
Except that I cringe every time Mac turns his back to the line of scrimmage for a pass play

I can't see why the lack of co-ordination of the offensive line, the failure of the players to progress and the obvious alienation of, for example, Isaiah Wynn, isn't down to the OL coach.

I agree on the lack of coordination. M Patricia did not chose the players, and Wynn's attitude is up to Wynn, Patricia is not there to baby sit him. If a professional football player has a bad attitude, commonly it is on the player. Wynn is only hurting his 2023 FA value. Having said that, unless Brown is better against the Raiders (over his illness) I might try Wynn at left tackle.

I agree on the lack of coordination. M Patricia did not chose the players, and Wynn's attitude is up to Wynn, Patricia is not there to baby sit him. If a professional football player has a bad attitude, commonly it is on the player. Wynn is only hurting his 2023 FA value. Having said that, unless Brown is better against the Raiders (over his illness) I might try Wynn at left tackle.
Wynn @ LT can we see Wynn in Practice first??

Hunter Henry's blocking noticeably worse than Smith's has been.

Someone smart suggested they need to run play action out of two TE sets to help the O-line.
H Henrys' catching is leagues better than Smiths' I'm going with H Henry 9 out of 10 times.

When playaction is run, the QB looks away from the play to sell the fake. If the defense is blitzing, which the Cards do a lot, having the QB look away is not ideal. With Mac it might be even worse since he does not scramble well. It is not obvious to me why this is bad. Can you explain why you think it is inexcusable?
Not to mention they were playing with about .75 tackles on one side and .5 on the other.

Just finally got caught up on reading the post-game thread (10+ pages at one sitting) and I think I read a pattern & have a theory that those in the post-post repartee may not be tracking. …

It seems from the posts that there was ample evidence of Mac having good pocket movement in college and even last year, but not this year.

most seem to be looking to blame someone: either Mac, MP, or the OL.
but what if someone else had a hand??

Well, last year many, me included, hoped Mac would visit Tom House and get some more zip in his throw. Well he did (visit at least). But what if concentrating on the House fundamentals is now distracting him from his situational awareness and pocket decision-making?

just a stray thought for consideration.

Just finally got caught up on reading the post-game thread (10+ pages at one sitting) and I think I read a pattern & have a theory that those in the post-post repartee may not be tracking. …

It seems from the posts that there was ample evidence of Mac having good pocket movement in college and even last year, but not this year.

most seem to be looking to blame someone: either Mac, MP, or the OL.
but what if someone else had a hand??

Well, last year many, me included, hoped Mac would visit Tom House and get some more zip in his throw. Well he did (visit at least). But what if concentrating on the House fundamentals is now distracting him from his situational awareness and pocket decision-making?

just a stray thought for consideration.
All Mac needs to do is keep it down and throw with more velocity. That Dagger pass to Henry showed me that he has the ability need to see more of those passes. :cool:

All Mac needs to do is keep it down and throw with more velocity. That Dagger pass to Henry showed me that he has the ability need to see more of those passes. :cool:
He's actually got a stronger arm than it looks. I went through a bunch of plays last night and he's deceptively strong:

This throw here traveled 20 yards in the air, and he didn't really even step into it:

View media item 43

A bunch of people were still talking about Zappe having a stronger arm than Mac, and I dug out a throw that traveled 21-yards in the air that Zappe threw - one that he actually wound up and fired - and Mac definitely holds the edge:

View media item 42
I also never noticed Zappe's release is a little weird. I'm sure, like Mac, we'll see an improvement in both Zappe's arm strength and mechanics this offseason.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back