PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread OFFICIAL POST GAME THREAD: Patriots Lose 34-0 to Saints

Immediate Postgame Reactions
He isn’t the worst. He has played that way the last two weeks. His confidence is shot and he imploded rather than rose to the occasion. And that is on him. But he is a better QB than he played the last two games.
I agree but more than him, the team around him - no one is mad, embarassed , pissed or anything after the game , They are just going through the words like bourne -"they played harder than us" . They showed more fight yellig at patricia last yr. Have some self respect. These players dont give a ****. just pains me to see this.

Just to be clear it was a hypothetical, I would not like that trade. Just throwing it out there
Fair. At least it would generate some interest in what now looks to be a lost season.

Bad team right now with no easy fix, and young kids hurt instead of letting us watch them grow over the season. Rough times my friends. I'mma go drink for a while. Cheers.

He was chewing on this tongue because he knew there was no answer he could make that could explain away such an embarrassing loss!

Same old cryptic Bill answers. Try to give the media as little as possible. Everything will be decided behind closed doors. But the sad part is that it looks like Bill is out of solutions.

I’m glad he got his edge by listing like 15 players as questionable. It might have been 34.125 - 0 if he had just given away information.

He isn’t the worst. He has played that way the last two weeks. His confidence is shot and he imploded rather than rose to the occasion. And that is on him. But he is a better QB than he played the last two games.
And he doesn't believe his WRs that they can get open and make plays for him..

If we get the version of the jets that just played the chiefs we’ll lose by 3 scores
Very hard to beat a team like the Jets twice… The only way you do it is because of Zach Wilson if they had a better quarterback, they would kick our ass right now

When Mac was drafted I said that his second year would tell me if he was legit or not.

Well, year 2 was a pass from me, for obvious reasons.

Year 3? He is not and never will be more than a jag. Maybe a capable back up for someone or maybe CFL.?

I"m being nice. He doesn't fold, he crumples, entitled people do that under pressure,....so I'm told.

We were so close today, just needed a couple bounces to go our way

On to next week!

After seeing Zac Wilson last week against KC I'm looking at him different. Mac's probably as bad as he his right now. I wish I wasn't right.. go figure look at his Alabama teammates :
Hurts superbowl appearance
Tua league leading offense and top in the division. Honestly it's probably best to trade Mac now and see what will Grier can do.
Maybe we can SCAM the 49ers out of a pick. Wasn't Shannahan interested in Mac Jones a few years back but was talked out of the pick to draft Trey Lance instead?

Mayo is a continuation of Bill. Their message is dead. We need an offensive coach to develop our next quarterback. I'm all in for McVay.
Agreed… I loved Mayo as a player but other than that as a coach, he has very little credential… And what we need right now is a great offensive mind… I am not sure that McVay wants to coach that much longer…

We were so close today, just needed a couple bounces to go our way

On to next week!
Please tell me that you are heavily drunk or this is sarcasm. You could have given us 10 bounces and we still LOSE that game badly!

Year 3? He is not and never will be more than a jag. Maybe a capable back up for someone or maybe CFL.?
It would've helped if Belichick had put more effort into trying to improve the offense around Mac the last two years, rather than making lateral moves and bringing in arguably the worst OC in the 21st century.

Yes, Mac had a ton of talent at Bama. But he also played a season entirely against SEC defenses, so he didn't have a Troy or Central Connecticut State University to pad stats on, either.

I love me some BB. Homer through and through.

I think they need to look at moving on. And - as to your succession question - I’d accept that the next few coaches might be duds. I don’t think they can Landry/Johnson this. Highly improbable.
Agreed and Belichick needs to be fired tomorrow morning

All the same people who believed the twenty-year run was “More Belichick than Brady” were also all the same people who thought Mac Jones was good. Wild how people can have such terrible back-to-back takes with things right in front of them.

Others saw that long before you did…like, last year.

It’s fine that it took you longer but give credit to those who arrived at the truth earlier.

I personally am on record as having concerns with Mac after he left a game vs Balt CRYING over an ankle sprain.

BB…I was concerned the moment he made Matt P the OC.

Writing has been on the wall for a long time.

Now…did I think it would get THIS ugly?

No, I did not.

I never have a problem to admit when I am wrong. I don’t get why so many people on message boards are afraid of it. Who gives a crap if you are wrong?

But I have said for a while that Mac is not a QB who can carry lesser talent, but I wanted to see if he could be a Tua and be a good QB with a strong cast around him. We are never going to find out at least with the Patriots.

And yes, there were signs about his mental toughness before this year. But I did give him the benefit of the doubt last year even if he handed it awfully.

Maybe we can SCAM the 49ers out of a pick. Wasn't Shannahan interested in Mac Jones a few years back but was talked out of the pick to draft Trey Lance instead?
Yeah, no team in the NFL is interested in Mac Jones after watching the abomination of his play this year… He will be cut after this year ….. because no team will even give up a seventh

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back