PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Packers beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

What if Zappe throws an int on that second down play?

That's why you can't make that call with a kid that has never played before.
you call a safe pass play, jet sweep..anything but another run.
The point is, Ashley, that because we were running it down their throats and we had a rookie in a high stakes moment the packers were expecting just those plays. So give them the look they're expecting but run something else off of it.
bingo, just be a bit creative.

They had the ball with 1st down at the 50 needing just a field goal to win. That’s it. That’s all they needed.
MattyP play calls and bad execution. They let us down when the defense gave us the upper hand. Can't say I'm surprised.

Always expect the team to be competitive, but wasn’t expecting them to be within reach of winning the game late in the 4th quarter and ot.

A lot of good and some bad to go around, coaches as well.

At least they didn’t blow their draft pick ;p. I kid, this team will never lower themselves to the Colts shady suck for any player.

Game was a fun watch though. Rookies came up big today. Marcus Jones is a legitimate and lethal returner. Jack Jones had a terrific pick 6 mixed in with some up and down moments in between. Overall, despite the loss this game equaled improvement in some areas. Especially with the oline.

They had the ball with 1st down at the 50 needing just a field goal to win. That’s it. That’s all they needed.
I think that tells you how bad your football team is when you can’t move the ball 30 yards or so to set up a field goal… Once again we have a very questionable offense of line that cannot protect the quarterback… Doesn’t set up well for winning close games ….or any game

Everyone knew including the packers on what they would run in that final series.

I have no complaints. To go to GB, play most of the game with your QB being a 3rd string 4th round rookie, and get to OT ? That’s a phenomenal effort. I can see why the Pats liked Zappe. He looked very calm and cool out there, and made some good throws. Hoping he starts next week. I’m hoping, at worst, career wise, he’s a good backup QB.

The defense just couldn’t stop Rodgers. Would’ve been the story of the NFL weekend if the Pats had pulled it off, it just wasn’t meant to be.

I actually came out of the game feeling good about the team. Also feeling great about the 2022 draft, so many contributions, and so many getting experience on the field. Strange, both Jones’ and Zappe looked good. Not perfect, but they are learning and contributing. One of the few losses where I wasn’t pissed off afterwards.

Pats lose yet again in Green Bay. Just like the script from 1980 to the present. Pats had chances to win. I did not like the weak ass play calling in OT. Very angry right now. Detroit is no push over like most here think. Give the Zappe kid some more plays to choose from next week please.
It's Matt Patricia a defensive coach for 15 years calling the offensive plays now what did you expect? BB is too arrogant to hire a real OC. He was like, hah lost Josh McDaniel? So what, let me show you I can win without an OC! How's that move working out for you, Bill?

Great from the rookie given everything. Team played mostly well.

That said, 1-3 and I hate moral victories. We are now last in division!

First half Defense was great, was the only reason we had a chance. But as I said at halftime, Rogers will start moving the ball and get his points. I'm frustrated at BB too - you know you're super lucky to be tied at the end with a 3rd string QB. That doesn't mean sit on the ball and punt, it means take a shot. You're going to lose 99 times out of 100, so do the unexpected risky thing. That's why young HC's are beating BB lately and winning in the NFL, because they can go against convention.

Bright side was Jones in punt returns and Jack Jones for the most part
Wynn needs to be benched permanently
Zappe did very well in his first start

I think from this point forward Mac better bring his A game every single week or Zappe is nipping at his heels to put him on the bench… This kid showed a lot of composure in a very difficult situation and actually move the ball a lot better than Mac against tougher competition in a tougher environment….. Hope his ankle heals well so he can come back and prove himself

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back