PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Dolphins beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep in mind Cam was released by CAR because of health issues not ability to be a good QB. Everyone knows when Cam is healthy he's a good QB.

If Cam = healthy and is not looking like a good QB its the supporting cast.

Cam will be back, believe that.
Health isn’t something that you can turn on and off like a switch.

If it comes out that Cam is injured and has been all year, I believe it. But then that means he has a problem that is hindering the offense. That doesn’t help the team. The guy cannot throw a football.

We need a new QB

We need new WR’s (at least two quality ones)

We need at least one quality TE.

We need more depth on the offensive line.

We need at least one or two more defensive lineman who can set the edge.

We need at least one more LB who can be consistent

And depending on how we deal with Gilmore’s contract we might need to get another CB.
The logic of your argument implies nothing about Cam. If I were playing qb and we lost, that would imply nothing necessarily about the quality of the receivers.

Cam blows, and that flamingly obvious fact has nothing to do with whose head he's sailing balls over.

As bad as the run defence was, we were only 15-9 down with 12 to go and the ball in our possession. There comes a time when the offence needs to do something!

Keep in mind Cam was released by CAR because of health issues not ability to be a good QB. Everyone knows when Cam is healthy he's a good QB.

They released him because of a wonky foot and shoulder and they also knew he was cooked. It wasn’t ONLY about the injuries he’s had. On what delusional world do you live on?

The logic of your argument implies nothing about Cam. If I were playing qb and we lost, that would imply nothing necessarily about the quality of the receivers.

Cam blows, and that flamingly obvious fact has nothing to do with whose head he's sailing balls over.
Good. Cam blowing does not mean there is a better option currently on the team. If there was, a QB who came on the field 4 times should have made a clear argument for himself

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
Health isn’t something that you can turn on and off like a switch.

If it comes out that Cam is injured and has been all year, I believe it. But then that means he has a problem that is hindering the offense. That doesn’t help the team. The guy cannot throw a football.

Cam can throw with the best of them and makes his receivers better. This place is ridiculous.

As bad as the run defence was, we were only 15-9 down with 12 to go and the ball in our possession. There comes a time when the offence needs to do something!
257 yards allowed to the worst run offense in the league isn’t merely “bad”. There are way more colorful adjectives that more accurately describe it.

We have to go DT or DE in our first draft pick. Been an issue all season long
I think LB is a more pressing need. Get vets on the D line. Kenneth Murray, the player we could have had in this year’s draft now playing for the Rams, would have been a very solid player for us at a position of need.

Cam is trying to run a shell game with transparent shells - doesn't matter what you do, it is not going to fool anyone.

They released him because of a wonky foot and shoulder and they also knew he was cooked. It wasn’t ONLY about the injuries he’s had. On what delusional world do you live on?

No. It was solely based on his ability to stay healthy, why he was released.

That bothered me this year. I was expecting a completely different offense than what we got. More like the Ravens and less like Brady.

If the offense is more of the same next year then I think McDaniels seat warms up.
If the offense is more of the same I think Bill’s seat warms up. But it will be better. It has to be.

Except for the backs (Harris and now, the new Sony Michel) the Patriots’ offense runs too slow, shifts too slow, starts too slow, finishes too slow, thinks too slow, and just overall plays too slow.

this was a bad performance. nothing but 4 field goals. couldn't stop the run. thank God this season is over; it's been hard to watch. and I have to laugh at the people in here ripping on Indianapolis for getting Rivers as they're sitting at 10-4. kind of seemed like another mail in job from the coach - why not kick a short fg on 4th and 3 and at least give yourself a shot at an onside kick....
at least they opened up the playbook a bit and had Newton throw some....but Skippy seemed to go back to the Dedham High offense once they got inside the 30. don't know how this team gets much better next season. definitely feels like since they started 8-0 last year they can beat bad teams but go up against anyone w a decent coach and good quarterback the Patriots don't stand a chance. And they can't win on the road. since start 8-0, we're looking at 4-8 away from Foxboro and 10-13 overall. Bill the GM had better start drafting guys that can help generate points...

If the offense is more of the same I think Bill’s seat warms up. But it will be better. It has to be.

Except for the backs (Harris and now, the new Sony Michel) the Patriots’ offense runs too slow, shifts too slow, starts too slow, finishes too slow, thinks too slow, and just overall plays too slow.
Yeah it’s certainly not a high bar that’s for sure.

I think LB is a more pressing need. Get vets on the D line. Kenneth Murray, the player we could have had in this year’s draft now playing for the Rams, would have been a very solid player for us at a position of need.

I don't disagree. Curious who out of Winovich, Jennings, Uche, Bentley, and hybrids Philips/Dugger do you think is not a starter ? I see massive holes at DE and DT next to Guy.

I said it a long time ago that Cam can’t throw the football. He is painful to watch.

Stid can take the same taxi Cam does with his bags packed. Pats can do so much better than a broken down QB and a never-will-be.

And I believe they will.
You've been a pro-Cam guy for THIS year though, all along. My point isn't that Stid is the future of the Pats, it's just that giving this offense something different - a guy who can throw quickly and accurately - was a needed switch to make. Watching such incompetence all year has been far worse than suffering through this record. At least if our offense was able to fight (through the same mistakes as Cam makes BTW) I guarantee that you'd see the team morale improve. BB has lost his edge. I think Brady scarred him.

We need help at DL badly. QB. I would like to see us take a shot at sam darnold.

Watching Cam throw the ball must have been like my physics teacher in college watching me try to solve the problem. Beavis and Butthead, anyone?

It occasionally was successful, which was the rarity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents