PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Dolphins beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am on record as wanting to like Cam...but...he sucks so bad. But so does 50% of this roster on both sides.

If BB brings Cam back again I think I'll opt out on the 2021 season. No interest in seeing that again.
2021 will see a much bigger roster overhaul than usual. It has to happen.

The fat guy from the Big Lebowski would be a better TE than anyone we’ve got now.

Sony had 74 yards in 10 carries. Most of his notably yards came off tackle. Predictably, McD went away from him often and refused to let him get into a real rhythm.
Hopefully the Chargers are dumb enough to hire McDaniels as their head coach.

0 touchdowns in 2 games. I know BB is the best, but i truly don't know if he still has it. Can stidham not put up more than 15 points in 2 games? It can't possibly be any worse than this. I'm done making excuses. Cam is terrible.
Newton has five touchdowns and 10 interceptions this year. wish I knew the story but he and belichick have some sort of deal going.

Ask for BB: his drafting has been so bad over the years I have no confidence in him rebuilding this team through the draft. Someone else should take over the drafting duties but that will never happen on his watch.

Brady may have a shot at his 7th ring In Tampa.

There was no chance he was doing that if he stayed here. Not with this defense. No way.
Wouldnt have happened with our receivers either

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
If they decide to keep Cam as a bridge I really hope this defense is completely revamped to one that other teams fear again. It can be done in one offseason. 2002-2003 comes to mind.

Predicted 9-7 with the expectation that the defense would be really good and could sustain a down year for the offense. That um..didn’t happen.

Offense wasn't good but it was actually good enough to win today especially if Meyers didn't fumble. Almost forgot...it is a cardinal sin imo to take a sack on 4th down at the end of the game. At least throw up a rainbow where everyone on the damn field has a shot at catching it.

D McCourty's speed prevents long td runs but outside of that everyone was garbage in run defense. In the front seven I like the burst of Wino and Uche, but outside of them I couldn't care less if we cut everyone else including Guy.

Fair enough. That's a good point. I'm speaking as a frustrated fan.

'Phins shouldn't have needed any of those trick plays to beat this bad of a Patriots team.
I dont disagree. However, when you're struggling to score at home, and wins are at a premium right now, you do what you have to do. The AFC wild card is a logjam of average-good teams scraping to get in.

I feel the frustration, I think you're emitting it about as subtly as captainstone is, but we just need to take a breather and come to terms with this team. It's an average team with great coaching, and not enough talent to get over the top. I sort of lowered my expectations midseason and it's been a lot easier to cope with what we're watching.

Offense wasn't good but it was actually good enough to win today especially if Meyers didn't fumble. Almost forgot...it is a cardinal sin imo to take a sack on 4th down at the end of the game. At least throw up a rainbow where everyone on the damn field has a shot at catching it.

D McCourty's speed prevents long td runs but outside of that everyone was garbage in run defense. In the front seven I like the burst of Wino and Uche, but outside of them I couldn't care less if we cut everyone else including Guy.
Guy is a stud. The edge was a disaster. I like winovich but specifically saw him mess up multiple massive Dolphin runs to the outside

From now on, any instance of a fan entertaining sunny delusions about the team or a particular player shall be known as "Pulling a Wiggy." Wiggy has earned this honor.

We will never really know what they have in Stidham, we can conjecture, we may suspect, we have our opinions, but without him ever playing a full game with a full week of practice, we really have no idea.

Bill is probably right, but wouldn't you like to see what the shiny new toy hidden in the box really is, now that we have worn out our old one. It just isn't exciting anymore.

I don't believe either is the answer, but I still want to dig it out and see what we have before we go shopping for a new one.
The only people that NEED to know what they have in Stidham are the coaches. The fans don’t need nor deserve to see something the coaches see everyday when what little they have seen is garbage.

No I don’t want to see Stidham. This is the same delusional fanbase that thought he was a valid starter last off season before Cam was signed when the only thing he did was get pulled out of screwing up clean up duty vs the Jets. You think anybody here should care that a bunch of fans that were already wrong about him think they deserve their own showcase?

We need to draft a QB. Let’s stop wasting time and looking for some magical excuse off the bench to avoid ripping the bandaid off.

With the chance of playoffs now gone, please let's see what the scrubs have to offer. Need to know if anyone can fill the numerous holes and weak spots before the 2021 draft.

I dont disagree. However, when you're struggling to score at home, and wins are at a premium right now, you do what you have to do. The AFC wild card is a logjam of average-good teams scraping to get in.

I feel the frustration, I think you're emitting it about as subtly as captainstone is, but we just need to take a breather and come to terms with this team. It's an average team with great coaching, and not enough talent to get over the top. I sort of lowered my expectations midseason and it's been a lot easier to cope with what we're watching.
And the 'Phins are much more talented at places but lack the coaching. They emptied their bag for this win. Fully expect to see them fall flat in the coming weeks after dumping all their emotional and mental capacity into this one, and that'd make me happy to see.

Pats had a similar problem stopping the run in 2002 didn’t they? Couldn’t set the edge then either IIRC.

Got a lot of work to do but we do have some bright spots.

You can't judge Cam with this trash offense .. UDFA WR's and no TE

If only Cam had someone like Diggs, or even Edelman ..

Edelman had his best statistical day in his career w/ Cam not Brady, by the way

CaM cAnT pASs

Im SiCk oF wAtChInG cAM

Be sick of watching undrafted receivers suck ass, be sick of having no TE and a swiss cheese run D

Cam's going to be back and make you all eat crow.

if he's not good enough to start ok? But if he's a future backup for your team why not give him experience at least? Bill's outsmarting himself here.
Who days he is the future back up? You think Bill wants to pay him in two years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes