PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Dolphins beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
welcome to the new normal

Their playoff spot is confirmed?

Regardless, Flores sells out for these games against the Pats. Same deal as the end of last season. Credit to him for the wins, but he's blowing trick plays in the regular season to beat a bad team. Congrats, I guess?
He’s just a good coach. You’re acting like he’s Brown Eric Mangini.

Team actually exceeded expectations. I have them at 5 wins but they could win seven games depending on how serious Buffalo takes this game.

Offense continues to be an absolute train wreck. Receivers are terrible and it's tough to win games when you quarterback has five touchdown passes in 14 games. I don't think I've ever seen a team with no tight ends either besides this year's team. Running backs are really nothing special either.

I fully expect belichick to keep going with Newton as well as I believe they have some sort of agreement. Fully expect Newton back next year as well.

team has so many holes to fill I don't know if it's possible to fill in one season. Could be a several year long rebuild.

Eliminated with 2 weeks to go. Unchartered territory since 2000. Hopefully 2021 is the start of something better. We have cap space , better draft position , and an easier schedule. Gotta capitalize, cant use the resetting excuse next year

Seen enough of cam since the rams loss, put stidham in . Lets see what the new guys got

Why wouldn't you "try-hard" when you're in playoff contention and every win matters? They needed this more than we did.
Fair enough. That's a good point. I'm speaking as a frustrated fan.

'Phins shouldn't have needed any of those trick plays to beat this bad of a Patriots team.

0 touchdowns in 2 games. I know BB is the best, but i truly don't know if he still has it. Can stidham not put up more than 15 points in 2 games? It can't possibly be any worse than this. I'm done making excuses. Cam is terrible.

He’s just a good coach. You’re acting like he’s Brown Eric Mangini.
Of course he's a good coach. He also had to go deep into his bag of tricks to beat a historically bad, short-handed team.

We will never really know what they have in Stidham, we can conjecture, we may suspect, we have our opinions, but without him ever playing a full game with a full week of practice, we really have no idea.

Bill is probably right, but wouldn't you like to see what the shiny new toy hidden in the box really is, now that we have worn out our old one. It just isn't exciting anymore.

I don't believe either is the answer, but I still want to dig it out and see what we have before we go shopping for a new one.

I have zero interest in seeing Stidham. We’ll get a real NFL prospect next year. I’m much more interested in the defense. Similar results in 2021 unless it’s fixed. With a high-ish pick and cap room hopefully a 2002-2003 turnaround is in order.

I repeat - the dead last ranked Miami rushing offense ran for 251 yards on the Pats. LOOOL

I am on record as wanting to like Cam...but...he sucks so bad. But so does 50% of this roster on both sides.

If BB brings Cam back again I think I'll opt out on the 2021 season. No interest in seeing that again.

Face it...the Pats just don't play well down there in Miami....LMAO...(runs for shelter before bombs start dropping)

A few tweaks here and there and we get the ol' "Field Goal Dynasty" going again! Yes sir...it's actually quite freeing to go into a game knowing you can't get 7 ever...I think I'll ask the dentist to forget the lidocaine numbing when he pulls my wisdom teeth tomorrow...fun fun fun!
That’s a great analogy, actually. No red zone threats. At all. JM has designed plays for years in the red zone, so it’s not that. There is no one to throw, catch or run in the red zone. The offense has no talent, except maybe Meyers as a No. 3 possession receiver.

Agree and as I said before our Dynasty was more Brady than BB. Roast away
Brady may have a shot at his 7th ring In Tampa.

There was no chance he was doing that if he stayed here. Not with this defense. No way.

No idea why they did not kick a FG at the end. Does not make sense.

You won't see Stidham. If he was the better option he would have played by now. Maybe we can shoot for 8-8 now

He went home too many times to his wife at 6pm.

We will never really know what they have in Stidham, we can conjecture, we may suspect, we have our opinions, but without him ever playing a full game with a full week of practice, we really have no idea.

Bill is probably right, but wouldn't you like to see what the shiny new toy hidden in the box really is, now that we have worn out our old one. It just isn't exciting anymore.

I don't believe either is the answer, but I still want to dig it out and see what we have before we go shopping for a new one.

if he's not good enough to start ok? But if he's a future backup for your team why not give him experience at least? Bill's outsmarting himself here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes