PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread - Week 10 Pats @ Titans

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if other team's fans monitor the inactives like a hawk like we do...every week it seems we're watching the inactives because some big part of the offense or defense is 50/50 an hour before kickoffk

Looks like the Pats have a lot of fans there today ! Wish I could be there

I expect a Mike Vrabel coached team to be feisty

I would really like to see Hogan get more involved in the games

Gibson 3 TD day. Tom throws for 5. Sony runs for 75 yds, another 35 threw the air.

A bit of trivia from Nashville's paper, the Tennessean:

Titans news, thoughts of the day: Patriots in Nashville means homecoming for Bill Belichick

Bill Belichick, the 66-year-old Patriots coach, gets to Tootsies when he can. Same goes for Puckett's. Nashville, after all, is where he was born in 1952 (when his father was on Vanderbilt football's coaching staff) and where he spends time during the offseason.

"Just love the people and love the atmosphere down there," Belichick said on a conference call with Titans reporters on Tuesday. "Linda (Holliday, his girlfriend) and I have a place in Franklin. She’s from Brentwood, so we know the area pretty well. We’re getting to know it even better."

Belichick has several ties to the 2018 Titans: coach Mike Vrabel was a linebacker under Belichick, defensive coordinator Dean Pees was Belichick's DC from 2006-09, and general manager Jon Robinson overlapped with him in New England as a scout.

“I can’t pull for them this week, but every other week I’m always – between Mike, Jon and Dean and the people that are down there with the Titans, it’s great ownership there between the front office and coaching," Belichick said. "I have a lot of respect for that organization. Like I said, Vanderbilt is where my dad coached, Nashville where I was born, has a bit of – certainly a lot of good vibes and sentiments from Nashville and the Tennessee area.”​

Hogan, last five games:
~ 70% of the offensive snaps
- 15 catches on 19 tgts, 224 yards

This Nashville writer gives the Titans the edge on defense, and the Pats the edge on offense, special teams, coaching and intangibles.

Our predictions for Patriots vs. Titans

Predictions
Erik Bacharach, Titans beat reporter

Patriots 27, Titans: 20: The Patriots are averaging 35.5 points per game over the past six weeks. That's a runaway freight train of an offense barreling toward Nissan Stadium. The Titans' sparkling defense will do some things to slow New England down, but not enough for their offense to keep up.

Joe Rexrode, columnist:

Patriots 30, Titans 23: The Titans can move the ball on the Patriots and score some points. But the Titans’ NFL-best scoring defense is going to take a hit after Tom Brady and Josh Gordon.​

He's been more involved since Jules came back and Josh started to get full time reps but vs GB he was MIA

Fingers crossed.. lets go and enj0y the game before the BYE.. 8-2 would be amazing after the start.

Hoping for ...

No giveaways by the Pats.
At least 3 takeaways by the Pats.
NO INJURIES!

I'd add "Another reception by Dwayne Allen", but I don't want to push it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe