PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread: Titans beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. Everything's been covered.

On to the bye!

Not sure if already posted, but Vrabel said he called the double pass to Mariota to be a shmuck after Brady couldn't get the first down. Seriously, what's with these ex-NE coaches trying to be such AHs? Vrabel couldn't get a ring if it weren't for the Pats. And he's not going to get one as Tennessee HC either. I absolutely started hating him for trading up in the draft and stealing Rashaan Evans. It was clear he did it to spite BB.

Mike Vrabel Confirms He Was Trolling Patriots With Play Call Pass to Mariota

Ben Volin‏Verified account @BenVolin
No NFL team has completed fewer passes of 20+ yards than the Titans, but they hit the Patriots for seven of them yesterday

This really pisses me off. This year every bad or mediocre team has played lights out against the Pats. Look at the Lions record and yet Stafford probably had his best day against the Pats. This is so maddening !

No NFL team has completed fewer passes of 20+ yards than the Titans, but they hit the Patriots for seven of them yesterday

This really pisses me off. This year every bad or mediocre team has played lights out against the Pats. Look at the Lions record and yet Stafford probably had his best day against the Pats. This is so maddening !

It's Belichick playing it safe against these running QBs. They simply do not have the talent on D since Ninkovitch left to spy the QB, so they sacrifice pass rush by being conservative. And guess what? They keep getting burned against a number of inferior opponents.

Not sure if already posted, but Vrabel said he called the double pass to Mariota to be a shmuck after Brady couldn't get the first down. Seriously, what's with these ex-NE coaches trying to be such AHs? Vrabel couldn't get a ring if it weren't for the Pats. And he's not going to get one as Tennessee HC either. I absolutely started hating him for trading up in the draft and stealing Rashaan Evans. It was clear he did it to spite BB.

I don’t think we were taking Evans there. I believe Wynn was 1b to Alexander who went a few picks earlier to GB. And Michel was our guy at 31.

This game was a perfect "trap game" scenario. Coming off a heavily hyped win to cap off a 6 game winning streak, playing a perennial bottom feeder the week before a bye, everybody just wanted to get it over with. It's disappointing, but this isn't the first garbage loss a Belichick-Brady team has taken.

I do think the team has been on a steady downswing since Super Bowl LI, especially on defense. The 2017 team was markedly worse on defense than the 2016 team, and the 2018 team is worse still. The front 7 simply lacks speed and talent, which isn't going to get fixed this season, but worse than that is that they often just seem to be dumb. It's one thing for a star skill player to just beat you athletically, but it's another to keep getting clowned on because you keep biting on the same basic play fakes over and over and are massively out of position over and over again.

If I have to watch the front 7 look utterly baffled by the other team throwing a swing pass to a dude with nobody within a 10 yard radius I'm going to throw up. Which means I'm going to throw up I guess.

I'm less worried about the offense. I accept it as a given that Brady is 100 and could croak at any time :p, but the offense's problems are easy to understand - it's been a revolving door of guys coming in and out all year with hardly any continuity except for Brady himself. Even when they're piling up points in games it looks like they're having to work wayyy to hard for it. It's good that these haven't been season-ending injuries for the most part, but the fact that the gameday roster has been in continuous flux all year is just innately hard to deal with.

Anyone that watched the Texans “Hard Knocks” could probably see that Vrabel comes off as a massive douchebag. This doesn’t help dispel that take.

This is probably the scariest part about this team. Offenses have off games, but this Defense is Jekyl and Hyde. Rodgers held to 17, Mariota/Bortles 30+. No Gronk, injuries to the OL, at least I can see a reason for a ****ty offensive day. Defense was all hands on deck.

Defense - this worries me more than anything.

McDaniels play calling has been biting the bag lately. I wonder if Brady is ever considering audibles just to squash one or two

Got some helpful instruction from the league about what is and isn't illegal contact/defensive hoding/defensive pass interference. Good to know that you are allowed to tackle receivers before they have their hands on the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back