PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread: Titans beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
McDaniels play calling has been biting the bag lately. I wonder if Brady is ever considering audibles just to squash one or two

If people complain about the playcalling they need to critizise Brady in the same sentence as McDaniels. Nobody is stopping Brady from checking from run to pass and vice versa if there is something obvious to take advantage of. Especially in the redzone.

Yes. Brady is much smarter than McDaniels.

Don't take it as an insult but do you think playcalling is like a computer game where you select between 3-4 options and thats it (or what Lombardi calls battleship football) ?

How exactly will Brady (or any QB) be able to see the big picture, make adjustments and set up plays for later in those 20-30 seconds between snaps. Who will create the gameplan during the week ? Brady ? Instead of in addition to practicing ?

Did you think through the entirety of your suggestion ? This is just silly.

If your point is that Brady should make the call on the field then this is what most of the time is happening anyway. He goes back with usually two calls (a run and a pass) but also has the right to audible out of a call if he sees something.

This McDaniels hate is amazing especially a week after our coaching won us the game against the Packers.

Vrabel must have used inside knowledge to botch up pats offense. Brady and mcD were like couple of amateurs.

McDaniels play calling has been biting the bag lately. I wonder if Brady is ever considering audibles just to squash one or two

What does lately mean ? The coaches called a great game against the Packers. Was it perfect ? Nope, the cover 0 call comes to mind but overall it was pretty much as good as it gets.

The scripted drives in the last 3 games were a thing of beauty as well.

What does lately mean ? The coaches called a great game against the Packers. Was it perfect ? Nope, the cover 0 call comes to mind but overall it was pretty much as good as it gets.

The scripted drives in the last 3 games were a thing of beauty as well.

Just this one game. It seemed overly one dimensional

Now linebacker Rashawn Evans is saying he sensed Brady was defeated after all the hit he took.
The Titans are starting to be on my hated teams list.
We could of drafted Evans but Vrabel traded ahead of us.
Honestly I think we should of gone defense in the draft heavily.
Felt that then still feel that way now.
Harold Landry would of been nice Darius Leonard is a perenial probowler we missed on.

I wanted Evans so bad pre-draft, but yea the Titans made a move for their guy and jumped out in front of us. Looks like they made an excellent decision, Evans is legit

I’m with Greg...

Having just watched the all22, as a relative newbie and focusing on Offence only, Edelman balled out this game. Manhandled, often double teamed, still can’t believe he got over 100yds. There was so much you didn’t see on the live version of the game (why I love the all22, can make a game look completely different!). Really appreciated seeing him and Logan go toe-to-toe, you could see the respect there. The Brady-Gordon throws were just strange after a while, as there were other plays to be made if Brady (had the time?) to look.

I’m no expert, but Brady really looked as ‘off’ as I can remember seeing him. Most of the time when I’ve watched the all22 it really brings home to me why he is considered so great, not this time. Twitchy, often locked in on one receiver from the start and his torso shape just seemed weird at times when he was throwing, off balance a lot?

O line was open all game and it looked like White missed a few blocks.

The Titans on D were very good, came prepared and stuck to their game plan. They just seemed so consistent for the whole game. They disguised great at the line and changed looks post snap so well that I’m going to have to rewatch to really appreciate what they did.

Will Tye's a Tweener - and not in a good way.
Not a pure blocking TE, but at 260 lbs he's bigger and a better blocker than Hollister or Anderson. They obviously know him and he has NFL experience and can also catch. They probably don't sign anyone but you never know. They practice tomorrow, which is the last day to sign Dawson. Crossen and Barner were healthy inactives.
“Athletic, improved a lot,” head coach Bill Belichick told reporters of Tye in his Dec. 6 press conference, via Patriots.com. “We’ve asked him to do some things that he’s worked on and he’s shown good improvement in. He’s a big guy that can run and can catch, and has presence on the line of scrimmage to block. So, he’s done a good job.”
There’s still reason to wonder when it comes to Patriots tight end Will Tye

Allen is out for a few weeks. We need to activate Tye for the next few weeks.

Not a pure blocking TE, but at 260 lbs he's bigger and a better blocker than Hollister or Anderson. They obviously know him and he has NFL experience and can also catch. They probably don't sign anyone but you never know. They practice tomorrow, which is the last day to sign Dawson. Crossen and Barner were healthy inactives.

There’s still reason to wonder when it comes to Patriots tight end Will Tye

The most recent tight end workout was Ben Koyack, but he re-signed with the Jags earlier today.

Matt Tobin, conveniently re-signed right before Allen got hurt, does have experience as a sixth offensive lineman. He did it for 9 snaps in week 12 and 11 snaps in week 13 last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes