PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread- Pats @ Texans

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pats need to do a George Constanza and do the exact opposite of whatever “game plan” they had on D going into this.

2-7 team dominating the Pats in every phase.

As was discussed before. They are better than their record indicates. They are pretty average all things considered. With a different schedule an a few breaks they could be 7-2. In reality in most years they are an 8-8 to 7-9 team. It just hasn't fallen that way for them. They will go on a run at the end to finish 6-10 i think.

It’s really hard to win in this league without being able to pass the ball consistently. The team tries real hard but the insufficient talent will rear its ugly head more often than anyone would like. It’s likely a 7-9 season, 8-8 at absolute best. That’s ok, the team is rebuilding

Cam is done. He cant throw the football more than 10 yards. McDaniels is really been poor this year. Not much of an offense to call plays for, but it's been bad. Defense is poor especially at the LB position. No pass rush for the last few years. Ugh. Time to play Stidham I think

Except that oppening offensive drive, everything else was pathetic, including coaching.

The only way to get back in the game is by D/ST scoring, and I don't see that happening.

Stid the kid time baby!!!! Lets get it going!!! Cant be worse than Camster!!!!

It's funny how you were mia after the last two wins. nice try trolling
You and you’re trolling comments lmao. Nobodies trolling honey, just cause you don’t like the truth don’t mean it’s a troll comment.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

Will Sundays be enjoyable again ???

We just don't have any means of stopping their offense..Gives me the 49ers game vibe...

It's just harris and the Offensive line i guess.. rest all are role players...

Can we get a pass rusher?

@PittPatriot

Arguably his best game as a pro. He's good but he doesn't really take over games like other WRs can. While he didn't take over that game, it was as close as I've seen him come to doing it from the games I've seen him play.

God this thread sucks.

Should be in this game but due to putrid play-calling and truly atrocious and biased officiating they're down. Texans don't score that 2nd TD if not for the officials. Missed false start and hold. Should be 18-10 at worst.

Running into the returner
Made up OPI on Harry
Missed false start on 1st-goal
Missed hold on Watson TD run
Missed hold on Dugger on final TD

If you have that many bad calls that all favor the Texans, what else is there to conclude but bias?

D needs to be better but this isn't all about them. Also, Harris has run the ball ... what, twice since the opening drive. McD is so frustrating sometimes.

Cam is done. He cant throw the football more than 10 yards. McDaniels is really been poor this year. Not much of an offense to call plays for, but it's been bad. Defense is poor especially at the LB position. No pass rush for the last few years. Ugh. Time to play Stidham I think
Well I think early on a few teams were talking about McDaniels for their probable upcoming head-coaching vacancies… Not after the past few weeks… We’re stuck with him again next year I’m sure....#%^*!!!

I would like to stop hearing about the vaunted Patriots secondary any time now.

Unless vaunted now means stinks worse than an anchovy's taint...in which case we can still call them vaunted.

Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Let’s keep rushing three guys none of which can tackle or contain the QB.

It’s well past the time that both McCourtys retire, thePats are devoid of talent, they are toast.

Someone needs to look up “troll” in the Internet dictionary or something. It gets thrown around far too much around here. Anyway, I don’t see Cam moving the ball unless there are trick plays involved. Not good.

With our secondary being our strength of our team, it shows how subpar of a team we are. That's fine, it's a transition year. Let's keep expectations tamed.

The Pats D can be better and can adjust their tactics, but the most frustrating stuff is the officiating and offensive play-calling.

Watson is a player and will make some big plays. But the officiating has to be objectively better and the offensive play-calling is 100% within their control.

As was discussed before. They are better than their record indicates. They are pretty average all things considered. With a different schedule an a few breaks they could be 7-2. In reality in most years they are an 8-8 to 7-9 team. It just hasn't fallen that way for them. They will go on a run at the end to finish 6-10 i think.

They've beaten nobody except the Jaguars, they're exactly what their record indicates.

They scored 7 points last week

Someone needs to look up “troll” in the Internet dictionary or something. It gets thrown around far too much around here. Anyway, I don’t see Cam moving the ball unless there are trick plays involved. Not good.
Cam's not the problem today. The play-calling and personnel usage since the first drive is putrid. Beyond putrid.

God this thread sucks.

Should be in this game but due to putrid play-calling and truly atrocious and biased officiating they're down. Texans don't score that 2nd TD if not for the officials. Missed false start and hold. Should be 18-10 at worst.

Running into the kicker
Made up OPI on Harry
Missed false start on 1st-goal
Missed hold on Watson TD run
Missed hold on Dugger on final TD

If you have that many bad calls that all favor the Texans, what else is there to conclude but bias?

D needs to be better but this isn't all about this. Also, Harris has run the ball ... what, twice since the opening drive. McD is so frustrating sometimes.
Blame the refs, really? Newslflash-we stink and BB, the GM, sucks and blows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News