PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread- Pats @ Texans

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
what happened to the running game in that second quarter ?

God this thread sucks.

Should be in this game but due to putrid play-calling and truly atrocious and biased officiating they're down. Texans don't score that 2nd TD if not for the officials. Missed false start and hold. Should be 18-10 at worst.

Running into the kicker
Made up OPI on Harry
Missed false start on 1st-goal
Missed hold on Watson TD run
Missed hold on Dugger on final TD

If you have that many bad calls that all favor the Texans, what else is there to conclude but bias?

D needs to be better but this isn't all about this. Also, Harris has run the ball ... what, twice since the opening drive. McD is so frustrating sometimes.
Nah, Texans are just out playing them right now. The play calling has been bad though. As far as the officials, that last drive they called just about everything they could at the goal line to stall the Texans. I don't see the bias. If you want to you can call a penalty on nearly any play.

Hmmm. I wish we hadn't won those coupla games. All that accomplished was to validate fanboy delusions and drop us down the draft order.

Any chance they'll give Harry a try a left tackle? Kill two birds with one stone.

Hal f time thoughts

1. Watson is the reason the Texans are ahead. That's all there is to it. EVERY throw he makes is right on target. EVERY move he makes out of the pocket is the right one. IIRC the only stop the Pats made was because of a penalty.

2. I don't fault the rush. I don't fault the coverage. It's all been Watson.

3. So what are the adjustments the Pats HAVE to make to slow him down. The initial ibnstinct is to apply more pressure on him in the way of zone blitzes or simply sending more men than they have to block. Unfortunately I'm not sure that's the right thing to do. If Watson slips the rush as he's done ALL game then you are F@cked.

I think the rush has been OK so far, but what about the receivers. You have to get a better jam. You have to rely that Watson will become more human and make some errant passes.

Now that I think on it, you are better off sending your LB's on every pass since they are pretty useless lin voverage.

Texans already have more points than I predicted them scoring................in one half..........wow.

we always have problems with former coaches

We need to blitz hard. If he runs he runs. At least rough him up a little. And who the hell let Bentley into the game lol?

Let’s keep rushing three guys none of which can tackle or contain the QB.

It’s well past the time that both McCourtys retire, thePats are devoid of talent, they are toast.
Exhibit 'A' of why this thread sucks. Just angry, irrational people talking out their ass.

Kinda looks over, I don’t think we’ve come back from double digits on the season

I knew this would be a tough one but didn’t expect Watson to put on a QB clinic. No pass rush whatsoever. Our D- line is exactly like our wideouts. Need an infusion of talent.

I would like to stop hearing about the vaunted Patriots secondary any time now.

Unless vaunted now means stinks worse than an anchovy's taint...in which case we can still call them vaunted.
Not to worry. They're gonna bring in three more McCourty brothers. One is kinda fat, but he has good hands.

Hmmm. I wish we hadn't won those coupla games. All that accomplished was to validate fanboy delusions and drop us down the draft order.

Any chance they'll give Harry a try a left tackle? Kill two birds with one stone.
Been saying this for awhile. If we could lose to the Broncos or Niner's we could lose to anybody on our schedule. All it did was hurt us

This offence wasn’t built to come from behind. Why the hell has Harris been riding the pine since the first drive?
McDumbass needs to prove how clever he is. It's been a theme for a few years now.

Relax, guys. We’ve got them right where we want them.

They've beaten nobody except the Jaguars, they're exactly what their record indicates.

They scored 7 points last week

Yep, they looked like complete @$$ against Cleveland last week who is good but not world beaters. This is a horrible team that is dominating us right now

Exhibit 'A' of why this thread sucks. Just angry, irrational people talking out their ass.

I mean, they are devoid of talent. Not sure how you’d even debate that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back