PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread- Pats @ Dolphins

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those looking for a good sign....

New coaches are 3-19-1 in opening games over the last 4 seasons.

I have faith in Bill.

Noah Igbinoghene was a first round pick two years ago and is now a healthy scratch even with two of their best CBs out with injuries. Say what you will about Belichick's drafting in recent years, but Bobby Grier's kid is significantly worse.

For those looking for a good sign....

New coaches are 3-19-1 in opening games over the last 4 seasons.

I have faith in Bill.
How about new OC's? Or should I say, quasi OC's?

Keys to the game.

1 Avoid giving up big plays. Particularly keeping Hill in check. We need to keep them to the low 20s or less most likely to win. This means not allow an easy 7. It also goes without saying we must avoid particularly costly turnovers that put our D in a really bad spot with their back against the goal line. This also indicates the style of the D should a bit more passive. Blitz sparingly and get back.
2 Attack their coverage depth. They have good top line DBs but our depth is better. We need to try to abuse those 4th and 5th match ups.
3 Run the ball, but don't be overly conservative. Their interior is too good to be run on all day most likely. Mac needs to make plays and WRs need to step up.
4 Stop their run game and put them in a lot of 3rd downs, they are explosive, but not consistent. If we force them to make 4 or 5 3rd downs in a row to score and they will be limited. The key to this is stopping the run.
5 Get up early if at all possible. I expect Miami to outplay us in the 2nd half due to the HFA heat and humidity. So if it's even or worse at half time, that's not ideal.

The bar is low, but Collinsworth is good.
I don’t get the Collinsworth hate either. He may be a little overly effusive of certain players on occasion (Brady), but I usually find him to be informative and entertaining. Different strokes for different folks I guess…

Strong not switching out of 35 might have prematurely ended his whole career.
What was available?

But yeah...35 is a terrible number, especially for a RB.

I'm disappointed no Sam Roberts. That bums me out. He's disruptive and obviously caused problems for opponents on special teams. Was curious to see what he might do today.

This is typical BB and I agree with him.

We have plenty of active DL now. Let Roberts sit a few games until players are banged up.

Let Roberts watch a few games, and get ready!

Reactions: Ian
Jennings out, but DeMarcus Mitchell is active. Wonder if ST was the difference or he's starting to come on on the edge.
This ^ was my thought.

They love some Tavai and Mitchell on ST's.

....but according to Bart Scott BB is a desperate buffoon

I thought it was funny how much people in the media made this into a "desperation move". Three or four years ago, people would be touting it as a genius move that Belichick was ahead of the curve to get his players ready for the heat and humidity. Now it is a desperation move.

Since the Pats are 2-7 over the last nine games in Miami (most of those games were with Brady), why not try to change things up.

So I always tell myself when it snows out in Massachusetts I'm sick of this and I'm moving to Florida. Then I see the temperatures there and I'm like nah I'll just deal with the snow.

Anyway I'm hoping for a good game but even when this team was good they always struggle in the miami.

Everyone assumes the Miami D will be the same with this new coach and I think that's a mistake. The pressure is on them and their offense and I don't buy it. Don't care if Tua is 3-0 against NE, he will feel the heat.

This ^ was my thought.

They love some Tavai and Mitchell on ST's.

They had to be disgusted with much of last year's special teams.

And it shows with the turnover.

400 games ... that's just nuts.

Win the turnovers and play solid special teams. I think we win if we hit these 2.

6 months of all day global bulletin board material is festering.
Today: The Release.

Inspired by some of the fantasy football nuggets I was fed on the pre-game shows today, and not anything in this thread:

The NFL is getting to be like MLB with the stats stuff:

"Player A is batting .300 when he comes to the plate against a left handed pitcher, in the 7th inning, with 1 out or less, on a Thursday, from 2:00 to 2:15, if the temperature is between 76 and 78 degrees, and it rained for 20 minutes or less the night before."

Mort looks like he’s going to be leaving the Earth soon.

I thought it was funny how much people in the media made this into a "desperation move". Three or four years ago, people would be touting it as a genius move that Belichick was ahead of the curve to get his players ready for the heat and humidity. Now it is a desperation move.

Since the Pats are 2-7 over the last nine games in Miami (most of those games were with Brady), why not try to change things up.
What is your point about most of them being with Brady?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News