PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread- Pats @ Dolphins

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Byron Jones or Eric Rowe for the dolphins. Considering Roberts is their starting LB the pats should go spread. Their coverage options outside of Howard today are questionable IMO.

I wanted to respond to this in the pre-game thread, but since that's now closed, I'll do it here. Regarding Nick Caley, the commentators pose a hypothetical concern that his contract expires end of this year and he won't be here long term as he's already indicated a desire to leave (refused by Belichick).

But what was not mentioned by the commentators is that that this is based on his position as the TE coach. If he had been offered the play-calling position, and a contract extension to go along with it, that would have been a different story. There must be more to this story, particularly as we know Belichick values Caley, refusing to allow him to interview with the Raiders.

I wanted to respond to this in the pre-game thread, but since that's now closed, I'll do it here. Regarding Nick Caley, the commentators pose a hypothetical concern that his contract expires end of this year and he won't be here long term as he's already indicated a desire to leave (refused by Belichick).

But what was not mentioned by the commentators is that that this is based on his position as the TE coach. If he had been offered the play-calling position, and a contract extension to go along with it, that would have been a different story. There must be more to this story, particularly as we know Belichick values Caley, refusing to allow him to interview with the Raiders.

It could be a case of BB saying “stop taking our coaches” and that just happened to be Caley…but who knows. This new world of Patriots coaching is strange. While I would be ok with Caley calling plays as he would stay close to BB’s script… I’m not ok with him being the “OC”. I still think he needs to grow.

Why is Jennings inactive?

Looks like Uche won the OLB after all.

I'm disappointed no Sam Roberts. That bums me out. He's disruptive and obviously caused problems for opponents on special teams. Was curious to see what he might do today.

Wade…. It’s only game 1, but is he going to be on the roster and always out ? I guess I’d have thought that if he’s got skills and potential, that with last year + the offseason, he’d supplant one of the guys we’ll see today.

I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t concerned with the current state of the CBs.

Reactions: Ian
Wade…. It’s only game 1, but is he going to be on the roster and always out ? I guess I’d have thought that if he’s got skills and potential, that with last year + the offseason, he’d supplant one of the guys we’ll see today.

I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t concerned with the current state of the CBs.
Wade is injured, I would expect he'd have played over Jack Jones otherwise.

It could be a case of BB saying “stop taking our coaches” and that just happened to be Caley…but who knows. This new world of Patriots coaching is strange. While I would be ok with Caley calling plays as he would stay close to BB’s script I’m not ok with him being the “OC”. I still ok think he needs to grow.
I don't disagree. Note that while Steve Belichick is the defensive play caller (or is it Mayo?), he doesn't wear the DC heat.
In the meanwhile, he's pretty much ensured that Caley's gone after this season.

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
Dolphins one of a few teams to exploit holes in our run defense at the end of 2021. I'm confident that's not going to happen again today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down